2017.06.15 - Kraków, Poland - Impact Festival

Linkin Park is continuing to roll across Europe as the One More Light European Tour chugs ahead, bringing the fifth show to Krawków, Poland for the Impact Festival.

DCVzwbAXgAA4fB6.jpg

The band is no stranger to Poland. This will be the fifth time the band performs in the country! The first was in 2007, near the end of the Minutes To Midnight European Tour in the summer, where they played in Chorzów and opened for Pearl Jam. Despite a few songs being dropped for time restraints, the band still delivered a huge setlist with the likes of 'No More Sorrow' and 'The Little Things Give You Away' in the set. This was one of three shows the band was set to play with Pearl Jam in 2007 - Poland, Lisbon, and Venice (which was canceled).

The band didn't return for five years, finally returning in 2012 for the Living Things European Tour at the Orange Warsaw Festival. A massive setlist indeed, with 'A Place For My Head' opening the show and returns of 'With You' and 'Runaway,' among others. In 2014, they hosted a huge stadium show in Wrocław. This was an extraordinarily large headlining show for the band and the crew later said that it was the best show of the tour for Linkin Park.

Linkin Park returned on The Hunting Party European Tour the very next year to play Rybnik. The band rocked several huge tracks, including the critically acclaimed 'A Line In The Sand' and even a version of one of their Steve Aoki collaborations, 'Darker Than Blood.' Due to the success of the 2014 show, it was no surprise that LP came back the very next year....and here we are again in 2017 for their fifth show in Poland!

The band's last show was in Austria for the NovaRock festival. Linkin Park played an abbreviated set due to time restrictions - the regular festival headlining set returned, but 'Battle Symphony,' 'Waiting For The End,' and 'One More Light' were all omitted from the setlist. Interestingly enough, however, 'Somewhere I Belong' was dropped but replaced by 'Points Of Authority.' 'Points' wasn't brought back into the equation until the band performed their first headlining show of the tour in Berlin a few nights ago, and that was in a different setlist. It seems possible that this part of the setlist may be a rotating slot, changing every two shows or so. We'll see if anything interesting happens at this festival show - the winner of Mike's Twitter poll is unsurprisingly 'A Place For My Head' (winning with literally half the vote), so we can expect to see that song added into the setlist any show now, most likely in this rotating slot. It wouldn't hurt to see 'From The Inside' performed either, as it did garner quite a few votes. The Hybrid Theory representation in the setlists is pretty good already, too, so adding in 'From The Inside' would vary it up a bit more. We'll see what happens!

It is also possible that 'Sorry For Now' or 'Halfway Right' could debut in a third setlist, but Poland might be set up for the Berlin setlist again instead. Due to how many festivals are on the tour, it might prove to be difficult to rotate three setlists with this run having shortened festival times.

Berlin came with plenty of surprises - including the live debuts of 'Nobody Can Save Me' and 'Sharp Edges!' Check out 'Nobody Can Save Me' live in Berlin above.

Linkin Park is back to taking the headliner's position as closing act of the night here, but the opening acts will definitely get the crowd readied up for the show. Opening the night is Polish pop rock singer Krzysztof Zalewski (have fun trying to say that), the man who won season two of Polish Idol. Anyone outside of Poland probably hasn't heard of him, but he has a few pretty popular songs, including 'Bo Jestes Ty' and 'Byle Było Tak.' Everyone's favorite rapper Machine Gun Kelly goes on afterwards, touring in support of his new album Bloom. This is the third time he's opened for the band this tour already, and while it will be the last time on the European Tour, he will be opening up for the band all summer long in North America. His setlist for the Berlin opening slot was brief, featuring three new songs from Bloom including 'Bad Things' and 'At My Best,' as well as some older ones like 'Alpha Omega.' The five song set closes out with 'Let You Go' from the new album. No onstage collaborations have happened yet, but like on Warped Tour 2014 when he rapped over the 'Bleed It Out' bridge at the band's surprise performance, something been the band and him can be expected. Perhaps not at this show, but definitely on the North American Tour.

Anyone going to the show? Let us know! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates on the show - we'll keep you updated on if anything changes. Unrelated to this show but rather to the tour itself; the closing date of the tour, Manchester, has been cancelled as the arena is closed until September following the terrorist attack last May outside the venue. There is no official word from the band on the status of whether they'll have another show there or if it's cancelled altogether, but stay tuned for updates.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

Edited it, no problem. :)

I think they either:
- Debut a third setlist with APFMH, Sorry For Now, and Halfway Right, or
- Play the Berlin set again but with a different opener (Fallout this time)

This is an actual arena show so it shouldn't have a shortened set time.

That's not off topic, no problem. Nothing yet. I mean we'd have video if it was up...there's a one hour video from France on YouTube and a one hour one from Berlin on YouTube, but not full. I haven't heard of a full recording of any of the shows yet, unfortunately.

This is why I was advocating for DSPs for so long, even just 1-2 per tour.

That's not off topic, no problem. Nothing yet. I mean we'd have video if it was up...there's a one hour video from France on YouTube and a one hour one from Berlin on YouTube, but not full. I haven't heard of a full recording of any of the shows yet, unfortunately.

Yes, lack of festival streams or full show recording is extremely annoying we really need professionally mixed recording, at least 2 DSPs would be awesome.

Exactly. That would do perfectly, I would be satisfied with anything audio or video source does not matter, Poland never disappoints, hope there will be something from this looks like an amazing show