RIP Chris Cornell

hahninator

Chris's ties to Linkin Park go back to when he opened for the band in Australia in 2007 and the band liked him so much that they invited him to be direct support on Projekt Revolution 2008. On the tour, Chester and Chris started a great friendship that lasted almost a decade. Chris joined Linkin Park for Crawling in the set, but the real gem was Chester lending his vocals to this....

RIP Chris, a true rock legend.

:( :( :( I am almost never speechless but that is such a shock! His voice ,,, his songs... he was such a great person! I saw Soundgarden as direct support of LP at Rock im Park 2012 and all the energy from the stage was his energy. The stage was his home and we were his guests

Edited by marzo23

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I would totally understand if Chester decides to cancel the Kimmel performance tonight. Losing Chris has to be like losing Scott for him, except even worse because Chris was actually one of his best friends.

I would also understand. Another thing that occurred to me is at the very least, OML (the song) will probably be extremely hard for him to perform for a while, since it's about exactly this type of situation.

I wrote more here and I don't have the energy to repeat it all, but I'm legitimately devastated. I love Soundgarden, I loved Audioslave, and I loved Chris's solo work. It's surreal to me that, not only is he gone, but he killed himself. I want to understand why. On the outside, and I know we see very little of celebrities' lives, but from what we could see, he really seemed like he'd managed to leave behind his demons and emerge a happier man. I suppose those things are always around the corner, though.

I hope his family and friends can recover from this.

Edited by Final Destiny

It's insane that the vocalists from 4 out of the 5 bands that shaped the Grunge movement have now died. Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, and now Chris Cornell.

Damn, that's true. Eddie Vedder is the only one left.