North American Tour Cities + Presale Announced

RogueSoul

United States and Canada fans, our time has come. Linkin Park has gone live with a Ticketmaster Fan Presale for the LPU for the One More Light North American Tour this summer! The pre-sale doesn't reveal any dates, but it does tell us what cities the band will be playing around.

Linkin Park's One More Light North American Tour will be hitting the markets around the following cities:

• Arlington, Virginia
  • Austin, Texas
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Birmingham, Alabama
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • Buffalo, New York
  • Charlotte, North Carolina
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Cleveland, Ohio
  • Colorado Springs, Colorado
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Denver, Colorado
  • Detroit, Michigan
  • Durham, North Carolina
  • Gilbert, Arizona
  • Hamilton, Ontario
  • Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
  • Houston, Texas
  • Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Jacksonville, Florida
  • Kansas City, Missouri
  • Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Louisville, Kentucky
  • Madison, Wisconsin
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • Miami, Florida
  • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Montreal, Quebec
  • Nashville, Tennessee
  • New Orleans, Louisiana
  • New York City, New York
  • Newark, New Jersey
  • Oakland, California
  • Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Omaha, Nebraska
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Ottawa, Ontario
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Providence, Rhode Island
  • Quebec City, Quebec
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
  • Sacramento, California
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • San Diego, California
  • San Francisco, California
  • San Jose, California
  • Santa Barbara, California
  • Seattle, Washington
  • St. Paul, Minnesota
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Toronto, Ontario
  • Tuscon, Arizona
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • Vancouver, British Columbia
  • Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Waterloo, Ontario
  • West Palm Beach, Florida
  • Wichita, Kansas

You can sign up for the presale here. The presale will begin on Tuesday, May 9. Note that the band will not be performing a show in all of these cities, just nearby. Sign up for your own city (or which ever show you plan on going to should there be a show there) so that you gain access to the closest show possible.

We've been waiting patiently for this tour announcement, and it's finally upon is. It's almost May and we haven't gotten the tour dates yet, so it's looking like this tour won't start until the end of August at the earliest. We're probably looking at a tour that starts around the end of August into the end of September/early October. We're definitely getting antsy - this will be Linkin Park's first North American tour since 2015, and the first summer (and proper) North American tour since the Carnivores Tour in 2014. That's far too long.

Remember for markets, they could mean some arenas as well as the usual amphitheatre dates. For example, Boston usually means Mansfield whereas Detroit could mean Clarkston (amphitheatre) or Auburn Hills (arena).

The announcement doesn't reveal any opening acts, yet there's quite a bit of speculation. The Blink-182 rumors are still looking pretty strong. Blink seems to be pretty busy touring-wise in September and August... maybe that rumor won't be true, or this will be a really short show. Perhaps just a few shows will feature Blink. It'll be great to see Linkin Park and Blink share the same stage - they've played with members of the band plenty of times before: Travis Barker performed drums at the Concert For The Philippines in 2014 and Mark Hoppus performed with the band at Relief! Live at the end of the last touring cycle. We'll definitely see some on-stage guests coming, but how will this all shape up? There's also the question of who will perform before Blink - we gotta have a third opening act for this party. Let us know who you think it is.

Watch Travis Barker and Rob duke it out on the drums during this wild performance of 'Bleed It Out' and the Concert For The Philippines in January 2014. Let's hope we see more collaborations like this happen!

For those unfamiliar with the system of Ticketmaster's Fan Presales, here's how it works for this one. It's pretty simple: all you have to do is connect to your Facebook account and select the show you want to attend. Sadly, it seems like the presale is limited to one show per person.

Still confused? Here are the steps straight from LP.com:

1. Register for the Linkin Park pre-sale powered by Ticketmaster #VerifiedFan.
  2. Improve your spot in line by buying One More Light, getting friends to register, or sharing the program.
  3. The day before the pre-sale, login to your account to find out your spot in line. All Linkin Park registrants will be separated into 4 different tiers, each with their own purchase window.
  4. Qualifying registrants will receive unique offer codes via web, email, and text message 2-4 hours before the presale begins.
  5. Buy tickets without worrying about bots or scalpers.

Who's pumped? Venues, exact show locations, and actual dates should be coming within a few days. Make sure you sign up for the presale so you don't miss out! Looking at the markets, what shows are you planning on going to? I'm eyeing the Philadelphia (Camden?) and Newark/New York shows myself.

In other Linkin Park news, Chester's pre-LP band Grey Daze has confirmed that they will be reuniting this year for one or two shows (in August or October - probably before or after this tour). Mike and Chester are currently in Japan doing promo, so check out this thread for updates on everything we find from there. Linkin Park's One More Light World Tour kicks off in two weeks on May 6 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for the latest updates!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt they will be playing all those cities. I´m sure they are just trying to get people interested around the country and email when the band is somewhat "close.". I just don´t see them playing Memphis AND Nashville, for instance.

Correct.

It´s fixed now, but the way the original post was written was misleading. I'm surprised Atlanta is not on the list.

Looks like they'll play Nashville instead of Atlanta. Mentions Nashville, Birmingham, Memphis. Nashville seems the logical place for that area.

It´s fixed now, but the way the original post was written was misleading. I'm surprised Atlanta is not on the list.

Didn't mean for it to be that way - none of us knew either lol. Just posted what we knew. Fixed it to prevent any confusion.

Is this going to work the same way as the depeche mode presale? If so, fuck that. I gotta work to go to these shows, I'm not trying to do more work and spam my friends just to get presale. Besides, I heard this system didn't do much to stop scalpers anyway.

Guess I'll just have a friend cop me a ticket if the blink rumors are true. At this point I'm just excited to finally see Blink. Trying to keep my expectations for a radically different lp set as low as possible.

Edited by Hybrid1988

That seems like way too many dates but I'm happy if they come to Seattle!

I see the band didn't actually announce anything on social media so maybe the Blink rumor is still true especially if they just come close to those areas and not actually all those cities.

Is this going to work the same way as the depeche mode presale? If so, fuck that. I gotta work to go to these shows, I'm not trying to do more work and spam my friends just to get presale. Besides, I heard this system didn't do much to stop scalpers anyway.

Guess I'll just have a friend cop me a ticket if the blink rumors are true. At this point I'm just excited to finally see Blink. Trying to keep my expectations for a radically different lp set as low as possible.

The 1975 did pre-sale this way and I thought it worked great. Edited by Bliss

That seems like way too many dates but I'm happy if they come to Seattle!

I see the band didn't actually announce anything on social media so maybe the Blink rumor is still true especially if they just come close to those areas and not actually all those cities.

The 1975 did pre-sale this way and I thought it worked great.

They are not all actual tour dates. They are cities near where LP will be playing.

They are not all actual tour dates. They are cities near where LP will be playing.

As long as it's in North Carolina, I don't care, Preferably Charlotte, as I live there, but Greensboro, Durham, or even Raleigh will work. Step #1 Get tickets, Step #2 Get Recording equipment (to tape show for you guys)

Yeah, I see that now. Thanks!

I still have faith they will come to Seattle though! Portland and Vancouver, BC are close but usually they play Seattle if it's a Fall tour. I'm guessing they end up playing Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver.

If it was a weekend I could drive to Portland though. Vancouver is out of the question.

So what's this whole jumping in line thing? I already preordered the album, LPU member, and they seem to be making everybody jump through hoops. kind of frustrating.

Really hope they hit up Madison, but not expecting it

Depending on how many people in your city sign up you might not even have to jump in line to make the cut.

They aren't making you jump through hoops if you don't want to. all you have to do is sign up and hope for the best. You don't have to do any of the extra stuff if you don't want to.

You can change the city you want to get presale tickets for at any time before the actual pre-sale starts. The tour dates will probably be announced before then so you can change your city when those dates come. As long as you're an LPU member you shouldn't have to worry about falling down in the tiers for the presale.

That Would be amazing! They Better play TLTGYA In New Orleans!

I've been saying two things about LP and New Orleans since 2007. One is that if they come here, they need to play in the Superdome. The other is that if they play TLTGYA with the images of the aftermath of Katrina on the screens...it could be one of the most emotional and unforgettable moments of their touring career. Especially if they play it here as a one-off surprise and it's not part of their normal set (which I'm sure it won't be).

Even (almost) 12 years later, that would be amazing.

Depending on how many people in your city sign up you might not even have to jump in line to make the cut.

They aren't making you jump through hoops if you don't want to. all you have to do is sign up and hope for the best. You don't have to do any of the extra stuff if you don't want to.

I guess so, but they're saying do all of it for a better spot in line. So sign in with facebook, then create an account, make sure it connects to your ticketmaster, then pre order the album again for an even better spot. Emails went to my spam, I ended up with a separate LPU email going to the same location.. I just thought it would be easier for people who already pay membership

You can change the city you want to get presale tickets for at any time before the actual pre-sale starts. The tour dates will probably be announced before then so you can change your city when those dates come. As long as you're an LPU member you shouldn't have to worry about falling down in the tiers for the presale.

It also says when you complete the process that you will be switched to the closest city near you automatically if they don't come to your city.

"You are currently in line for Seattle, WA. If the band plays there, you'll get a confirmed spot in that line. Otherwise, we'll place you in the closest tour city. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any of your progress! If you’d like to change cities, you can also transfer at any time."

I guess so, but they're saying do all of it for a better spot in line. So sign in with facebook, then create an account, make sure it connects to your ticketmaster, then pre order the album again for an even better spot. Emails went to my spam, I ended up with a separate LPU email going to the same location.. I just thought it would be easier for people who already pay membership

From LPL facebook:

'1. The LPU goes FIRST as always. There is no need to do these social promotions or preorder more album copies if you're in the LPU already. That's mainly for non LPU members. LPU GETS FIRST ACCESS.

2. LPU M&Gs will occur on the tour as usual!'

So looks like if you are LPU, you don't have to do anything special but sign up.

inb4 actual tour dates are announced and a bunch of people bitch that LP "lied" about coming to their city based on this list because they don't know what a market is.

*Edit* Pretty sure they're playing the Minnesota State Fair again on August 25th. It's the only date of their concert series that hasn't been announced yet: http://www.mnstatefair.org/entertainment/grandstand.html

Edited by Astat