2017.03.27 - Paris, FR - Virgin Radio Private Showcase

The 'Heavy' promo cycle continues! After an intimate meeting with Mike & Chester on Friday in Amsterdam, the two have made it to Paris, France for their next promotional show.

Mike and Chester are doing some European promo leading up to their show at the ECHO Awards in Berlin, Germany on April 6, where they will perform 'Heavy' with Kiiara. So far, they've only hit Amsterdam, in which they had a live Q&A and performed a few songs: piano versions of 'Burn It Down', 'Heavy', 'Crawling', and a quickly put-together performance of 'What I've Done'. They'll be performing at this showcase event, so it's likely we'll be seeing some, if not all of these tracks played.

Check out the awesome piano version of 'Burn It Down' performed at Amsterdam. Everyone's still loving the way Mike sings his part, and Chester's voice is still sounding really strong!

Just like Amsterdam, this show will be livestreamed on behalf of Virgin Radio, who is hosting the event. The Facebook Live stream is going to be happening at 7:00 PM CEST - here's a countdown for you if you don't like timezones (which you can also check here). Let us know if you'll be tuning in!

Linkin Park has had a pretty successful time in France over the years, so it's no surprise they're visiting to do some promo. It's unlikely that they announce a headlining show like they did with Amsterdam since they're already headlining two festivals there this summer (Download Paris and Hellfest). In 2014 they played a huge show at the Bercy in Paris, and in years past they also played some pretty massive shows. Who can forget the legendary performance of 'A Place For My Head' in Paris 2010?

If you haven't seen this performance of 'A Place For My Head', definitely check it out. The only full performance of the song on the A Thousand Suns touring cycle, played for the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory.

Is anyone attending this show? We'll keep you updated at home for those who aren't, so check back here and follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for updates. What songs do you want to see Mike and Chester perform acoustically? There's still time before the head to Germany for the award show, so maybe there are still some more promotional appearances planned. We'll have to wait and see.

Check out the rest of the band's 2017 touring schedule here.

Chester's voice is doing its typical "sound good for the first few live appearances and then start getting all pitchy and strained-sounding" thing. More than a little concerning that this is already happening after a few sporadic promo appearances where no more than 4 songs have been performed. I mean, I know jetlag is a thing, but c'mon, the guy's even working with a vocal coach these days, you'd think his endurance wouldn't get WORSE...

I agree. I don't dislike Mike on the piano by any means...I love BTH piano and PMA too. But the Summit performances on acoustic guitar were indeed more interesting than piano. That all just comes down to preference...not a big deal to me at the end of the day. I'm just glad they're doing more performances in general.

Chester probably sounds off because he isn't properly warming up or something. I wouldn't say it's jetlag I mean he flies right from STP USA to do an LP show in Switzerland, or LP flies all over Europe for shows.

IMO it's definitely the warmup and not a stamina issue. The performances have come after a few minutes of interviewing, which negates whatever warmup he had. Even Mike sounded better on the third encore livestream with Kiiara which suggests neither were warmed up for the interview shows--it can't be a stamina issue with mike because he doesn't sing much. More evidence that it's a warmup issue: they transposed Heavy even though Chester sang it well in original key both times he was warmed up (Livestream, James Corden)

I agree. This isn't a big deal really because they're switching between the interviewing and performing. He sounded fine on Corden. ECHO will be good. We can't judge anything on his voice until they are back in touring shape. South America is in May.

Another show with Heavy and Crawling:

http://www.dailymotion.com/RTL2

Also 2 articles from RTL2, including both songs hosted on their website:

http://www.rtl2.fr/culture/videos-linkin-park-interprete-2-titres-pour-un-rtl2-pop-rock-studio-7787888521

http://www.rtl2.fr/actu/ledrivertl2-du-30-mars-2017-7787889339

The last link has a radio broadcast.