Chester featured on upcoming Julien-K 'Time Capsule'

hahninator

Today, Julien-K broke their silence and held a live chat and Q&A on their Facebook page. In the video, they discussed their plans for 2017 which include a U.S. summer tour and a release of a new album this fall entitled 'Harmonic Disruptor'.

However, they have one other big release coming soon called the "Time Capsule", which will be another Indiegogo campaign like fans saw with California Noir. The Time Capsule will be a four disc compilation that looks back at Julien-K's entire career, encompassing every era of the band. It will feature both new and old songs, with tracks even from before the release of 'Death To Analog'...the very beginnings of Julien-K.

Additionally, one disc of the four will contain live songs throughout their career with one full set from their Evanescence Tour in 2007. Another will have demos and rough mixes of songs. When mentioning surprises, they said that Chester has "ok'd" them releasing something with him on it, so he will be featured on at least one song. It is unknown if this will be a Dead By Sunrise track/demo/cover song or something else.

There are definitely Dead By Sunrise demos in a vault somewhere along with an unreleased studio cover of 20 Eyes that was planned for a bonus track but didn't see the light of day.

EDIT: Chester will feature on Time Capsule's third CD on live recordings of 'Palm Spring Reset' and 'I'll Try Not To Destroy You'.

We will update you when the tracklisting for the Time Capsule release is out with a link to preorder it.

Great news! New album and demos... wow!

Im realy excited. I always liked Julien-K music.

Hopefully they will visit europe sometimes again...

LP should also release some sort of 'time capsule'. Would be awesome. :D

Is it wrong that I'm more excited about this than the Linkin Park album? :lol:

No, just different priorities even if one of your favourite bands is about to release a new album. If System Of A Down would announce a new record next week, I would be more hyped and exicited than about the new LP record to be honest with you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lol, why would Julien-K release Dead By Sunrise music on a compilation with Julien-K's name on it, particularly when the DBS catalog is still controlled by Warner and Julien-K's been an indie band for several years now? They couldn't do it if they wanted to. If people would just take a second and think about their expectations...

Lots of stuff we already have on the live CD. The Casper 2007 show was leaked in video in 2008 and the tracks from the Gypsy Den 2015 show were released with the Mannequin Eyes single.

The Rock Shop Sessions videos (although missing from our live guide) were posted by the band themselves in 2014:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11358

Too bad we will never get to hear We're Here With You: The European Bootlegs.

I think I wanted to add Rock Shop Sessions to the guide but couldn't find a date, venue, etc for it. Any idea?

They posted the cities/dates for the WHWY European Bootlegs release right? With the full tracklisting? Do you have that?

Full tracklist:

sW5mFYoyDLg.jpgFp5HE3xMux4.jpgvlPG6YcC9Bs.jpgW0EJpFTAmh4.jpgrJrVpWw1jw4.jpg

Some more stuff we already have there:

- Look At U (2004 Demo) was released in some Initium Eyewear electronic compilation

- Maestro (Brandon Belsky Remix) from the 2008 Julien-K EP

- Dreamland and Killing Fields were bonus tracks on Death To Analog

- Killing Fields (Brandon Belsky Remix) was released as a free downloadable track in 2010

- Dreamland (Gorstein Remix) is from the Dreamland single released in 2010

- The Clouds Hill Sessions is the SDS Sessions V.1 released in 2011

- Everyone Knows (2004 Demo) was released as a downloadable track in 2012

- California Noir (Zeskullz Remix) was released in 2014 but I'm not sure if it's the exact same track because it says "VIP Remix" in the tracklist

- Demo versions of Kick The Bass and Cruel Daze Of Summer were released respectively as a 2009 downloadable bonus track for Death To Analog and on the Cruel Daze Of Summer single in 2012 but I'm not sure if those are the same versions

The Hunting is supposedly a different version from the one we already have.

Found one of the House Of Rock Sessions tracks on YouTube, but I have no idea where this was released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp9QiYU_568

The band have a video of themselves recording another song from those sessions in their channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GedRH0L_3G8

I think I wanted to add Rock Shop Sessions to the guide but couldn't find a date, venue, etc for it. Any idea?

They posted the cities/dates for the WHWY European Bootlegs release right? With the full tracklisting? Do you have that?

No idea about Rock Shop or the WHWY Bootlegs.