Live Shows Soon? Linkin Park Is Rehearsing!

RogueSoul

While today we could have expected some information about the band's upcoming music video (as it is slated to be filmed today and tomorrow), we've gotten something maybe more exciting: Linkin Park is in their rehearsal space!

Mike took to Snapchat to post a picture of Brad's T-shirt which dubs him "The Best Poker Player In Linkin Park," which Mike humorously commented "#FakeNews" on. What's most interesting in this picture is what's going on in the background - and we're not talking about Phoenix's photobomb (or the fact that Brad's holding a guitar).

C4A9b4CXUAABzSa.jpg

If you've been following LPLive for awhile, you'll immediately recognize the background. That's Linkin Park's rehearsal space, Third Encore. Normally, the band would spend time rehearsing a few weeks before they start touring... so could that mean we'll soon be seeing the band onstage?

Looking back at past eras, the band being at Third Encore should mean that they will be on a stage in the coming months. Sure, this could be for their upcoming tour in South America to promote the new album in May, but that's still three months away - it may be even sooner that we see Linkin Park back onstage. In 2007, the band's big return following their two-year hiatus will recording Minutes To Midnight, they were in Third Encore in mid-March rehearsing new and old songs, and first hit the stage a little over a month later at the end of April. In previous years, the band has spent less and less time rehearsing there, but the start of the cycle usually takes about three weeks to a month to refresh them. They took quite a lot of time to rehearse for The Hunting Party cycle in 2014 too, for several reasons - they completely redid all of their gear AND they had to rehearse some songs from Hybrid Theory for the first time in nearly a decade for the Download Festival that year.

Conversely, this session could just be the band rehearsing their new single for the music video - the day is still young, so there's plenty of time left to film. It does seem that there's quite a few crew members around, however. Could the band be gearing up to perform some TV shows or club shows to warm themselves up for the new cycle? Whatever the case, the band is getting ready to perform their new music, so some promotional and warm-up shows will definitely get the band going after a long time in the studio.

If any dates pop up, be sure you follow LPLive on Twitter and Facebook so you find out about them first. The band is teasing their new music slowly but surely - make sure you read up on that discussion here. The cycle is just about to start, who's ready?

Or they are rehearsing for a series of promo appearances just like they did before at Third Encore: AOL, Walmart etc.

Those still functioned as rehearsals for the tour. Those rehearsals were just filmed for those stores so they'd have exclusives to drive album sales their way.

So probably rehearsing for the video shoot? too early for the tour rehearsals i think

That's the point I brought up in the second to last paragraph. Either promotional performances within the next month or two or just learning how to play the new song.

Yeah, definitely rehearsing for TV/radio/web promotional appearances where they'll be performing the single and maybe a couple other songs. I'm sure the crew is at least getting a head start on all of the production elements for the full tour, but I doubt the band is rehearsing for actual tour dates already at this point.

Edited by Astat

Just because Mike doesn't have a double doesn't mean he won't sing in the song. It's based around a therapy session, which means two people are involved - that means the two involved in the conflict need the doubles. It's reasonable to think that Mike could be the therapist (theoretically) and not need a stunt double.

Yeah, definitely rehearsing for TV/radio/web promotional appearances where they'll be performing the single and maybe a couple other songs. I'm sure the crew is at least getting a head start on all of the production elements for the full tour, but I doubt the band is rehearsing for actual tour dates already at this point.

This. Astat nails it 100%.

They don't need rehearsals to just mimic a music video. This surely is for the promo stuff this month. Tour rehearsals for May won't start until April.

The news about this is that we didn't know until now that they'd be playing any shows this month. I'd be surprised if they did anything like a club show in LA, I bet it's more along the lines of Jimmy Kimmel, Conan, etc.

Let me know when the American tour is announced, couldn't care less about the promo shows and shit.

Why, because they're going to be promo shows in support of a single you've already decided you hate from an album you've already decided you hate without hearing so much as a single note of either one, and you'd much rather wait and find out when you can go to a show and listen to them play a handful of songs from whatever previous album you decide doesn't suck when you wake up the morning of the show? :lol:

What are the chances of them doing some international promo perfomances?

That could also happen! They did that in 2007 after their 3 years hiatus after Meteora to show that LP is still alive^^

Some TV shows, club shows, release shows... everything could happen in the next 2-3 months! Also some appearances in Europe or Asia!

Why, because they're going to be promo shows in support of a single you've already decided you hate from an album you've already decided you hate without hearing so much as a single note of either one, and you'd much rather wait and find out when you can go to a show and listen to them play a handful of songs from whatever previous album you decide doesn't suck when you wake up the morning of the show? :lol:

Yeah, they'll be playing a bunch of older songs no doubt so that keeps me happy. I also love the live side of the band in general. Even if I hate the new album, it won't matter much in terms of the main tour. There are some people I've talked to at shows who don't even like the band anymore but they go to hear the Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs. You don't have to love whatever band's most recent release is to go see them live man.

Yeah, they'll be playing a bunch of older songs no doubt so that keeps me happy. I also love the live side of the band in general. Even if I hate the new album, it won't matter much in terms of the main tour. There are some people I've talked to at shows who don't even like the band anymore but they go to hear the Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs. You don't have to love whatever band's most recent release is to go see them live man.

Seriously, I don't want to offend you or to be disrespectful. But you're acting like a child man. Your attitude reminds me of myself when I was a younger noob fan. How the hell you can hate this album when you didn't hear shit?! I'm not saying that you should love every album or that you should like this next album. But man, at least give it a try and listen to it when is out and then you can say your opinion. And if you decided that you are going to hate the album, well just don't listen to it and stop posting here shit like "next album gonna suck" "I already hate the album". We didn't even hear a fucking snippet lol. It's allright man, I don't wanna start a fight or anything. But people that hate an album when is not even out annoys me a lot.

Edited by HybridT

Seriously, I don't want to offend you or to be disrespectful. But you're acting like a child man. Your attitude reminds me of myself when I was a younger noob fan. How the hell you can hate this album when you didn't hear shit?! I'm not saying that you should love every album or that you should like this next album. But man, at least give it a try and listen to it when is out and then you can say your opinion. And if you decided that you are going to hate the album, well just don't listen to it and stop posting here shit like "next album gonna suck" "I already hate the album". We didn't even hear a fucking snippet lol. It's allright man, I don't wanna start a fight or anything. But people that hate an album when is not even out annoys me a lot.

I said like 3 days ago that I was going to listen to the single and album first before writing it off fully. Astat's post wasn't even really relevant in the thread or in general since I didn't say anything about the new music in this thread, he just like to go out of his way to attack me. I genuinely didn't think I would be attacked for being excited of an upcoming American tour. I like seeing them live, what's the problem with that? I don't generally care about shows that I could never attend, specifically promo shows, since it's really just not possible. I wasn't trying to diss the band or anything, obviously I know that they have to do promo shows to promote the new music. Most people go to the shows when they come to or around their area, that's all I meant by it. I don't even have a problem with him at all and I think he is one of the best members of the site. I said that I'm not a fan of pop music and that I didn't like Kiiara's music. I'm allowed to have my opinion. I haven't even said anything about hating the new shit in days. I said yesterday that I didn't like pop music. That's it. If I said something weeks ago I probably was in a bad mood and just decided to trash the album. But like I said, I am going to wait to hear it first before I decide if I like it or not.

Edited by Geki

I wonder if they'll do a small euro dates like they did at the beginning of the MTM promo cycle. so that the trips make a bit of money other than the tv performances.

It'd make sense to do this for the album release. For the single I don't know if they'll do anything like a full show. We will see. They've never done a cycle like this - start with a single promo and performances before any album news is out at all.

It'd make sense to do this for the album release. For the single I don't know if they'll do anything like a full show. We will see. They've never done a cycle like this - start with a single promo and performances before any album news is out at all.

What if it is like the ones for MTM? (live exclusive performances for different stores)

Just because Mike doesn't have a double doesn't mean he won't sing in the song. It's based around a therapy session, which means two people are involved - that means the two involved in the conflict need the doubles. It's reasonable to think that Mike could be the therapist (theoretically) and not need a stunt double.

Where did you read that the video will take place in a therapy session? This is another new for the band, a "sketch" for their video where they are the actors instead of just a performance video/other actors doing the drama. Not sure where to go from that.

Where did you read that the video will take place in a therapy session? This is another new for the band, a "sketch" for their video where they are the actors instead of just a performance video/other actors doing the drama. Not sure where to go from that.

Straight from the thread regarding the music video: "The synopsis claims that 'interesting characters meet in a therapy session!'"