It Begins: Linkin Park Starts Teasing New Music

RogueSoul

The music video rumors from the other day got the fanbase going again, and now it's really time to start blowing up! Linkin Park has begun teasing new music!

The first of eight clips has been posted online. It features Mike sitting alone in a room playing the piano and singing quietly.

Clip 1: Released February 3.

EDIT 2/6: Clip 2 is up! Rather than another clip of music, this clip features the band discussing the nature of the record very intimately. They say that the album is not about the problems of the world, but rather, it's about the honest feelings you feel in situations you are faced with.

Clip 2: Released February 6.

EDIT 2/8: Clip #3 is here, and now we have some lyrics! Chester and Mike discuss lyrics of new alleged single 'Heavy' with songwriter Emily Wright, even including Chester singing the chorus gently: "Holding on, why is everything so heavy?" The three discuss a few lines that Mike and Chester wanted to fix, as the whole song is about a downward motion.

Emily Wright is a known contributor to the new record, Mike first mentioning her name in November 2016 on a Facebook livestream.

Clip 3: Released February 8.

EDIT 2/9: Clip #4 is out, and it features another band discussion. In this band talk, Mike starts pushing the idea that they need to start trying some of the "riskier" ideas they have, whether it means a very strange idea or the poppiest thing that comes to mind.

Clip 4: Released February 9.

EDIT 2/10: Clip #5 is out with an actual clip of new music! Watch Mike and Rob start getting out a track for a new song, with a clip of the intro and Chester singing in the first verse.

Clip 5: Released February 10

EDIT 2/13: Clip #6 is entitled "Female Vocal Idea."

Clip 6: Released February 13

EDIT 2/14: Clip #7 shows off Chester's vocals on the single.

Clip 7: Released February 14

EDIT 2/15: Clip #8 features Kiiara.

Clip 8: Released February 15

The splash page links seem to be spelling something out - the album or single name? So far, the five clips spell out "Onemo..." Any guesses as to what it'll be? It seems to be spelling out "OneMonth." The Linkin Park URL now reads "One More Light."

The latest clips can be watched on linkinpark.com. Keep updated on when the next clip is released by following us on Twitter and liking our Facebook page! Tweet us "#LP2017" if you're excited for the new album!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are going to be 8 short clips. Is it possible that it will have one of each member of Linkin Park + a Kiiara on the 8th clip? It's a long shot but who knows, we'll find out probably from clip #2 if it's another member or not

What the hell is this?? Piano??? This is not Rock... were is the Hybrid Theory music!!!! No guitars!!! Come on!!! I am never listening to another Linkin Park song again, I am going to burn all my linkin park stuff, they sold out.... this is POP music... how dare they not make another album like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I am disgusted.....

:rolleyes: :P :D

p.s this is amazing and haunting.... love it, love the type of the video. This is an amazing piece of hype.

Edited by Smarky

Sounds cool, but is all this really necessary? Outside of the hardcore fan base, nobody will ever see or hear these clips. And the fan base would be all over a new single and album anyway. I just don't understand all the mystery. You've got some new music? Great, put it out.

I think these clips are all about a process of creating new single. At the beginning (today's clip) we are getting Mike creating first simple idea which became the first single of new album. I think tomorrow we'll get a clip with maybe this piano sound with some beat and other stuff and finally we'll get the full song. These clips will show the process of creating the song from the beginning.

Im going to repeat what I said on the other thread...I love LP and they're still my favorite band, but I wish they would stop the bullshit of teasing everything they do. Why can't they just drop a freaking song when it's ready? Why can't they just release album info? There's no need for such a big band to pretty much announce that they will make an announcement. Papa Roach released a single without even having an album title/release date, Stone Sour already released an album title and they're not even done recording, and so many other examples out there.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

Im going to repeat what I said on the other thread...I love LP and they're still my favorite band, but I wish they would stop the bullshit of teasing everything they do. Why can't they just drop a freaking song when it's ready? Why can't they just release album info? There's no need for such a big band to pretty much announce that they will make an announcement. Papa Roach released a single without even having an album title/release date, Stone Sour already released an album title and they're not even done recording, and so many other examples out there.

It's all part of the art for me, I love it, this teaser is so haunting and they are not over doing it at all, they only started teasing yesterday and today we have a clip and looks like every day we will get a clip then a song. That's pretty awesome to me. The hype has been entirely from the fans until this point from the little information we have had.

The anticipation is part of the reward. We wait so long for new albums, it's nice to know it's coming, rather than just oh here it is, like it feel out of the sky. I prefer the hype to randomly logging onto the internet one day and finding a band I like just released and I missed it.

Edited by Smarky

My idea is this clip shows how the idea of the single came about just mike at home on piano. N the next clips will show how the song changes over time adding instruments to it till the last one is the full single. So like clips showing how the song progresses over the time

a) they did that (essentially) with GATS. Look what happened to album sales and single performance.

B) Strategically speaking, it's a smart move, especially considering the band's last huge hit was four years ago. Teasing new music over a period of time will allow for many more people to see it and maximize the audience. Not everyone pays close attention to the band.

c) LP just isn't the kind of band to drop things out of the blue when it comes to things like this, and as I mentioned before, look what happened when they did. They like the drama and excitement of a release - they've said this before. Look what's it's doing for the community, too - it's been more active in the last two days than it has been in nearly the entirety of 2016.

d) It's been said again and again by the band members that this is a personal album to them. It's like, you wouldn't go out into the world after you have your first child and just through it into a crowded street. You appreciate the intimacy with him or her before you set them free. In many ways, that's what this album is like to the band, I bet. Something they've grown with for a long time that they need to give a proper send-off to.

a) they did that (essentially) with GATS. Look what happened to album sales and single performance.

B) Strategically speaking, it's a smart move, especially considering the band's last huge hit was four years ago. Teasing new music over a period of time will allow for many more people to see it and maximize the audience. Not everyone pays close attention to the band.

c) LP just isn't the kind of band to drop things out of the blue when it comes to things like this, and as I mentioned before, look what happened when they did. They like the drama and excitement of a release - they've said this before. Look what's it's doing for the community, too - it's been more active in the last two days than it has been in nearly the entirety of 2016.

d) It's been said again and again by the band members that this is a personal album to them. It's like, you wouldn't go out into the world after you have your first child and just through it into a crowded street. You appreciate the intimacy with him or her before you set them free. In many ways, that's what this album is like to the band, I bet. Something they've grown with for a long time that they need to give a proper send-off to.

THIS 100%

Honestly speaking I really enjoy LPs teasing, it's pretty fun to anticipate. The band has worked very hard on this album, they want to get the fans on the same page in terms of excitement, I'm all for it. I really hate when fans are impatient, I get it, we all want the album, but this hype phase is really important.

I completely agree, especially when you say that the community has been very active. I remember last year, everytime I logged in here I would always see nothing, I thought that LPLive was dead. But now, everyone is posting and having fun. I prefer this way more than drop a single out of nowhere.

I completely agree, especially when you say that the community has been very active. I remember last year, everytime I logged in here I would always see nothing, I thought that LPLive was dead. But now, everyone is posting and having fun. I prefer this way more than drop a single out of nowhere.

I tried hard to keep at least something going but when the gap was that long it was literally impossible for me to find things to post at times. I know we went days without posts a lot. It was a terrible time period - seriously 2016 was worse than the September 2006 to March 2007 break, which was bad.

The fanbase seems like it has a sense of relief now that promo has started. What's the rush if the song is coming out in a week or whatever? I'm fine with promo clips; they have to hype it up in some way. It's not like they gave us a 4 second clip, this is a legit minute long video.

I tried hard to keep at least something going but when the gap was that long it was literally impossible for me to find things to post at times. I know we went days without posts a lot. It was a terrible time period - seriously 2016 was worse than the September 2006 to March 2007 break, which was bad.

The fanbase seems like it has a sense of relief now that promo has started. What's the rush if the song is coming out in a week or whatever? I'm fine with promo clips; they have to hype it up in some way. It's not like they gave us a 4 second clip, this is a legit minute long video.

I know. I tried to post something too but literally I didn't know what to say. The band was quiet as hell, no news, nothing... So it was difficult to maintain the site with life.

...it officialy begins, and still haven't seen much positive hype from the fans! I mean, I've read a lot of frustrating comments even when there is a one minute teaser.

Mark, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the laziest and weirdest start of cycle (around 23 post for something that, in other cycles, would have broken the internet!).

I guess the fans are tired of the fucking "teasing a teaser of the teaser".