Brazil, Argentina, Mexico rumors for March

hahninator

Quite a few sites are claiming that Linkin Park will visit South America in March 2017. First, this website (Vuenoz Airez) claims the band will visit Argentina on March 15, 2017.

Next, Conciertos Mexico says Linkin Park is rumored to play Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina in March, possibly at festivals.

As of now, only shows are announced for June 2017 in Europe. The band is near the end of the album process, but March is also just a few months away and we have heard no news yet on the touring cycle's estimated start, the album's expected release month, or when the band will even leave the studio. However, with two different sources claiming the same thing, it's possible that negotiations have or are at least taking place.

And of course, a reminder that South America always gets a lot of rumors that turn out to not happen - March 2015 in Brazil, and this exact site also claimed a October 10, 2014 show in Buenos Aires. Many discussions take place, notably the October 2014 visit was going to get three headlining shows in Brazil as well as the two festival shows, but the negotiations fell apart when the band's management wanted Panic! At The Disco on the lineup as well. This doesn't mean any of these rumors were necessarily FAKE, because Linkin Park might have really been looking to tour there at that time (Serbia 2013 is a good example). The thing is with such an abundance of online press sites and also social media is that information like this leaks quite often.

The short version of this is... Linkin Park is probably discussing possible shows with promoters in Mexico and South America, and the news has leaked to a few websites. We know their tour manager is on the go again to another location, recently checking out China as well.

Sources:

- Vuenoz Airez - March 15, 2017 date mentioned

- @ArgentinaShows - "2017" w/ LP logo

- Garaje Del Rock - "2017 Linkin Park returns to South America"

- Recitales.com.ar - 2017 Linkin Park plays South America"
- @zeroproduccion - "Linkin Park en Latinoamerica Marzo 2017 CONFIRMADO. Mexico - Brasil - Argentina"
- Conciertos Mexico - "March 2017, Linkin Park will visit Mexico, Argentina and Brazil, which will be presented in a festival?"

We'll see what happens!

I was thinking about a South American Tour in the end of 2017. It's gonna be the first time that LP will not be playing in another place or recording an album at the same date of Rock in Rio Brazil. We all know that LP is always playing at the international versions of this festival but it never happened with the original one.

The band played for small crowds in Brazil in 2012 (the last time of headling shows) so I can't see big companies putting their money in a tour like this considering the economic period of the country.

To finish I can tell one thing to you guys: It's impossible to have a tour in Sourh America with a band like Linkin Park making money without Brazil. Maybe a couple of shows in Mexico, I don't know...

I was thinking about a South American Tour in the end of 2017. It's gonna be the first time that LP will not be playing in another place or recording an album at the same date of Rock in Rio Brazil. We all know that LP is always playing at the international versions of this festival but it never happened with the original one.

The band played for small crowds in Brazil in 2012 (the last time of headling shows) so I can't see big companies putting their money in a tour like this considering the economic period of the country.

To finish I can tell one thing to you guys: It's impossible to have a tour in Sourh America with a band like Linkin Park making money without Brazil. Maybe a couple of shows in Mexico, I don't know...

I think that they did that on purpose to play smaller shows. Smaller shows are often better and have way more energy. Although 3 of 4 shows in brazil 2012 were kind of small one of them had a good amount of people (19,745).

Last time they came to Mexico, they werent able to sold out Arena Mexico.

Only 18,000 people in a city of 25,000,000.

Mexico city is full of emos IMHO.

They need to add another cities.

In fact Queretaro or Leon right now are better places to sell rock events.

Monterrey is a must, they has the rock in their veins.

Maybe Guadalajara.

Ok. The band have big interest but I have received a msg from a reliable person that it wont happen. At least not in March.
Some fake promoters are offering their dates and that's where the romours came from.

"reliable source" hahahahha sound's good do ^^

let's just wait to see what really could happen on the next few months....but my bet still on Rock in Rio Sept 2017!