LP News from Suru!

LPPhan2005

I went to Suru today on my visit to California, in an attempt to see Mr.Hahn. He was cooped up at the studio, as usual. The clerk says LP uses a different studio each week and most of it is done at MS Home Studio and she told me NRG is an inpenatrable fortress that I couldn't visit unless I had an appointment. Oh, she also said the album is gonna drop in 2010 and they are working really hard on it. The male clerk also filled me in that the new album is going to sound like the old stuff.

I wouldn't bring this news to your attention if these clerks did not know LP personally. Because it's coming straight from people who see LP and Hahn every week, this is definitly credible.

P.S.

I also got some kickass pix at Suru!

post-970-1236990975_thumb.jpg

post-970-1236991103_thumb.jpg

This sounds great!!! Tho honestly a bit of disappointment if it's only gonna be like the old stuff, unlike alot of hardcore fans, I actually liked M2M alot, and was hoping for a fusion of the the old and new.

Personally, I can't believe that unless I hear the band say it themselves. There's no going back to the new sound. Maybe this guy just means this album will have more Bleed It Out style tracks.

That sounds terrible. If MTM sucked, then why are people buying and listening to it? I'm sick of hearing such comments 2 years after it's release. Minutes to Midnight is a great album. It was way more diverse than the first two and truly displayed the bands ability. They have often said that the Hybrid Theory Soldier is supposed to represent their heavier side(the soldier) and their softer side(the dragon fly wings) In my opinion, Minutes to Midnight represents just that. It also was a growth album. The same old stuff would have sounded like a repeat. It showed that they've changed and are talented musicians. I also believe that people wouldn't be putting the album down if Linkin Park didn't make it. I think that's the real problem. People were expecting another Hybrid Theory so were disappointed. So they judged MTM based on their expectation instead of the work itself. I hope they don't go back to the old sound completely. I admired them even more when i knew that despite the fact that some fans wanted the old style, they did what they wanted to do and not give in. They stayed true to themselves.

The band has often said that they felt like they've exhausted their old sound and were getting bored hence the change. I would rather they write something they truly enjoy so that they will be able to stand on a stage and play it with equal passion. That is what music is all about; not what people want.

I believe that their new album will incorporate their old and new sound as is the natural course for them to go. Even if they go back to their HT style, people will still complain and bitch so what's the point?

Here's to hoping the band satisfy themselves first before anybody.

Edited by arbiter

2010, it's true. I hate waiting :( But with LP, i'm used to it :D Come on, who cares about the release date, if the album is kick-ass :)

I highly doubt that their new album will be like HT or Meteora. MTM is a great album and I'm sure there will be some soft stuff. But it's great news, yeah. The more old stuff, the merrier. :)

Oh this is great news, thanks for asking it!

2010 sounds like too far from now, but we'll have just to wait until we heard something from the new album from them.

I like MTM style but also I like the old style like Hybrid Theory.

nothing will ever be like hybrid theory EVER, but i think that they have the ability to make heavier music, and i think that is what they mean by "more like the old style" as in more Rapcore songs, and less songs like TLTGYA and LOATR....i LOVE MTM it is a great album, but i must say i prefer HT, but i would be happy with a comfortable blend of the two :D

Thank you LPPhan for your bulletin but I have to say that I wouldn't take the words of the clerk too seriously. An album release is still far away and I don't think LP have a main direction until know. Linkin Park are career artists and it wouldn't make sense to go back to their roots, at least not for the next album.

BLAH. This post is SOOO LAME.

I have no words... You're **** and nothing more. MTM sucks.

Keep your brain farts for yourself if you don't want any more warnings. Everyone is free to express their opinion here, but in a mature way.

That sounds terrible. If MTM sucked, then why are people buying and listening to it? I'm sick of hearing such comments 2 years after it's release. Minutes to Midnight is a great album. It was way more diverse than the first two and truly displayed the bands ability. They have often said that the Hybrid Theory Soldier is supposed to represent their heavier side(the soldier) and their softer side(the dragon fly wings) In my opinion, Minutes to Midnight represents just that. It also was a growth album. The same old stuff would have sounded like a repeat. It showed that they've changed and are talented musicians. I also believe that people wouldn't be putting the album down if Linkin Park didn't make it. I think that's the real problem. People were expecting another Hybrid Theory so were disappointed. So they judged MTM based on their expectation instead of the work itself. I hope they don't go back to the old sound completely. I admired them even more when i knew that despite the fact that some fans wanted the old style, they did what they wanted to do and not give in. They stayed true to themselves.

The band has often said that they felt like they've exhausted their old sound and were getting bored hence the change. I would rather they write something they truly enjoy so that they will be able to stand on a stage and play it with equal passion. That is what music is all about; not what people want.

I believe that their new album will incorporate their old and new sound as is the natural course for them to go. Even if they go back to their HT style, people will still complain and bitch so what's the point?

Here's to hoping the band satisfy themselves first before anybody.

That's my opinion too. Very good post ;) it looks like we have the same views about what defines good musicians

Personally, I can't believe that unless I hear the band say it themselves. There's no going back to the new sound. Maybe this guy just means this album will have more Bleed It Out style tracks.

10 different BIoOstyle tracks would be great.

I went to SURU in 2007, a couple months before MTM was released looking for Joe and I never got to see him. But they let me leave the Hybrid Theory booklet and he signed it and mailed it me, that was pretty awesome. He left me a little note on it, it's one of my favorite things I have signed by LP.

Anyways, I was hoping the new album will sound like a mix between the old and new LP sound. I don't want it to sound just like HT or Meteora...

i would love another HT, but nothing will ever again be "like the old stuff" not after MTM (dont get me wrong it is a great album none the less) ..

Exactly. When people read the original post, they are going to get excited and think that we are getting another Hybrid Theory. That is not going to ever happen.

Basically what this means is that we are getting a MtM type album with more songs like No More Sorrow on it. And I am not complaining by any means, that sounds awesome to me.