LPU Chat with Phoenix on VyRT - May 23rd

stich

Yesterday, before Rocklahoma's show (that was cancelled due to bad weather), Phoenix hosted an LPU chat for the LPU members on VyRT. Due to the bad weather, the video streaming wasn't working, so Phoenix answered the question via his phone in the chat.
Here's the recap:
Phoenix: "Currently close to the venue, hoping the weather calms down so they can play the show."

LPU: "Who is your favorite bass player?"
Phoenix: "Favorite bass player is prob McCartney!"

LPU: "What's your favourite song to play live right now? (Mine's A Line In The Sand)"
Phoenix: "A Line in the Sand is my favorite live song right now... Always fun playing new stuf"

Phoenix: "Brad is back in action! Chillin' with him right now "

LPU: "Are you guys back in the studio?"
Phoenix: Always writing... always trying to create

LPU: "Will LP ever tour with 30stm again???"
Phoenix: "I'd love to at some point. Those guys are great to tour with."

LPU: "Are you gonna reschedule the THP tour with Of mice & men?"
Phoenix: "Tour can't really be rescheduled, we had to cancel so we could refund tickets"

Phoenix: "Having said that, we would love to tour more with OM&M and Rise Against!"

LPU: "How many different bass guitars do you have?"
Phoenix: "Lots of bases in different spots all over the world, but I have 2 favorites!"

LPU: "Favorite music genre?"
Phoenix: "I've never been a genre guy... I actually think genres are only helpful in a store setting"

LPU: "will you get an apple watch?"
Phoenix: "Apple watch... Not sure I'm on board with that. I'm interested in it, but not sold yet"

LPU: "How long do you rehearse a new song before playing it live?"
Phoenix: "Depends on the song. We try to all come to rehearsal knowing the new song, and then figuring out...
The arrangement. But different songs are more challenging to figure out how to play live...
for example, Blackout was a bit of a monster!"

LPU: "How's your relationship with Siri? lol"
Phoenix: "Siri and I generally are on good terms, but we have communication issues"

LPU: "Did you attend Coachella?"
Phoenix: "I've never gonne"

LPU: "how many hours a day do you sleep?"
Phoenix: "Somewhere between 2 and 8 depending on circumstances Emoticon grin"

LPU: "when are you guys coming back to usa?"
Phoenix: "We are in the US right now!"

LPU: "This !"
Phoenix: "Costa Rica looks nice!"

(When asked about his favorite metal band)
LPU: "Instead of it being a rubber band, it's made out of metal."
Phoenix: "I like this!"

LPU: "Batman or superman?"
Phoenix: "Batman for sure. So much cooler. But Superman would win in a fight, no contest"

LPU: "What do you think of Jared being the new Joker?"
Phoenix: "I think it's going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it!"

LPU: "Best moment of 2014?"
Phoenix: "My chat from 2014"

Phoenix: "Currently close to the venue, hoping the weather calms down so they can play the show."

LPU: "Who is your favorite bass player?"
Phoenix: "Favorite bass player is prob McCartney!"

LPU: "What's your favourite song to play live right now? (Mine's A Line In The Sand)"
Phoenix: "A Line in the Sand is my favorite live song right now... Always fun playing new stuf"

Phoenix: "Brad is back in action! Chillin' with him right now "

LPU: "Are you guys back in the studio?"
Phoenix: Always writing... always trying to create

LPU: "Will LP ever tour with 30stm again???"
Phoenix: "I'd love to at some point. Those guys are great to tour with."

LPU: "Are you gonna reschedule the THP tour with Of mice & men?"
Phoenix: "Tour can't really be rescheduled, we had to cancel so we could refund tickets"

Phoenix: "Having said that, we would love to tour more with OM&M and Rise Against!"

LPU: "How many different bass guitars do you have?"
Phoenix: "Lots of bases in different spots all over the world, but I have 2 favorites!"

LPU: "Favorite music genre?"
Phoenix: "I've never been a genre guy... I actually think genres are only helpful in a store setting"

LPU: "will you get an apple watch?"
Phoenix: "Apple watch... Not sure I'm on board with that. I'm interested in it, but not sold yet"

LPU: "How long do you rehearse a new song before playing it live?"
Phoenix: "Depends on the song. We try to all come to rehearsal knowing the new song, and then figuring out...
The arrangement. But different songs are more challenging to figure out how to play live...
for example, Blackout was a bit of a monster!"

LPU: "How's your relationship with Siri? lol"
Phoenix: "Siri and I generally are on good terms, but we have communication issues"

LPU: "Did you attend Coachella?"
Phoenix: "I've never gonne"

LPU: "how many hours a day do you sleep?"
Phoenix: "Somewhere between 2 and 8 depending on circumstances Emoticon grin"

LPU: "when are you guys coming back to usa?"
Phoenix: "We are in the US right now!"

LPU: "This !"
Phoenix: "Costa Rica looks nice!"

(When asked about his favorite metal band)
LPU: "Instead of it being a rubber band, it's made out of metal."
Phoenix: "I like this!"

LPU: "Batman or superman?"
Phoenix: "Batman for sure. So much cooler. But Superman would win in a fight, no contest"

LPU: "What do you think of Jared being the new Joker?"
Phoenix: "I think it's going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it!"

LPU: "Best moment of 2014?"
Phoenix: "My chat from 2014"

The LPU chat on VyRT with the band being able to use their phones is fantastic. We would have had the chat canceled if they weren't using VyRT. So much bitching about the log in process and trust me, I complain about everything...it took me maybe 30 seconds tops to get in. I like the color formatting they have...easy to read...and the band seems to do really well using it (aka it's simple but effective). Tinychat was terrible IMO, I'm glad they switched.

The possibilities with VyRT seem great. Webcast another show someday (like an exclusive LA show for the LPU, just stream it to the LPU members who can't go), do some backstage stuff on it, etc. Mike could log on and fuck around with the video function and show us flying his drone or the band warming up or something. Hell Joe could even get on the thing during ALITS or something live, ha.

It was just for fun since they were stranded in the weather, this wasn't some LPU HQ video chat.

I mean, they kinda announced it they day before lmao. It was originally planned to be an actual video chat but the weather screwed with them.