Nov 19 Berlin Show Set for Satellite Broadcast

hahninator

On November 19th, Linkin Park will perform at O2 World in Berlin, Germany, a city they have performed at on each album touring cycle.

At the new Linkin Park popup store grand opening in Berlin, Mike confirmed to a fan that the show is being filmed for a DVD release and will be broadcasted in partnership with Samsung, who is also sponsoring the popup store. The event will be broadcasted via satellite to Samsung 2014 UHD televisions and be picked up with the built-in dvbs2 receiver. "First live concert in the world to be broadcast at Astra 19.2 degrees East in Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixel) in HEVC standard, at 50 fps and a colour depth of 10 bit" A map of the region covered by the satellite can be viewed here. If you live in Europe and have any questions about the broadcast, please leave a comment so that we can assist you. We are also looking for people to record this show due its extremely limited broadcast. LPLive will host its own webcast of this show just after the tour ends for ALL Linkin Park fans if we are able to get a recording of this concert.

Additionally, we have learned that Set A has been planned in advance for this show. Planning setlists in advance for a tour is not anything new...we spotted a sheet backstage at the Camden 2012 Summit that listed Set A, B, or C for every date on the tour before it kicked off, so it's at least been done by Linkin Park for several years.

This marks the second Berlin show in a row to get a release, as the intimate 2012 show at Admiralspalast was released with Living Things+ after being shown in theaters.

Who will be in attendance at this special show? What do you think the release format will be for the DVD? The Hunting Party+, or perhaps a special DVD release like Road To Revolution?

EDIT: The Oberhausen show was swapped to Set A so that the cameras could be tested for the Berlin show. It will be filmed in 4K resolution.

EDIT 2: A promo video has surfaced.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know set A will be played? Amsterdam and Oberhausen both had set A, so if they start rotating both sets now (A, B, A, B etc..) Berlin will get set B if im correct. Unless there is something else I missed?

Great to see a show being filmed for DVD again, hoping for a blu ray release and good live audio mix

How do you know set A will be played? Amsterdam and Oberhausen both had set A, so if they start rotating both sets now (A, B, A, B etc..) Berlin will get set B if im correct. Unless there is something else I missed?

Great to see a show being filmed for DVD again, hoping for a blu ray release and good live audio mix

1. Oberhausen was used as a test show with the 4K cameras for Berlin, and it was changed from B to A for that purpose.

2. A very reliable source with the band has confirmed to us that Berlin will be Set A and was decided in advance.

In my opinion, they couldn't choose a worst moment for recording a DVD. We have so much proshot of this kind of setlist. They should at least wait for the American Tour when they will probably change the set and include more THP songs. I am glad we will have another proshot, but I am a little disappointed that the DVD opportunity is used in this way.

I agree, the band is in great shape. The huge European crowds that are very loud really excite the band and make them perform better. They seem fired up at every show. So if they film this tour, it'd be a great idea for Fuse to hop on and do the Brooklyn 2015 show like they did Madison Square Garden 2011. I hope we get a proshot of the new setlist in January.

I think Hamburg would have been a good choice too (since they already released a Berlin show), pretty similar venue anyway but both Hamburg and Berlin always have great crowds.

I know that we are all bored to death by the set at this point but it's still a very solid set, with epic production.

So in 4k and 3d? That is amazing! I love the fact that they shoot a new DVD in this European tour as i went to a venue for the first time in 12 years. Would be totally insane if it was the Amsterdam show they captured. But its the same tour, same setlist. Still a special memory (DSP audio's would be even a better memory!)

Can't wait for this :)

So that means we will finally get a Blu Ray release (besides the RTR Blu Ray which was released months later). About time.

Now they need to add some bonus content and I will be happy :)

Will this be the 1st Linkin Park show released in 3D format? :P

3D? Where's that information coming from? Edited by graveguard

Sometimes most of the time I don't understand Linkin Park's logic for the shows they pick for DVDs. I mean, Download Festival was by far the most epic/unique event on this tour cycle, yet they decide to record a random show with a setlist we've seen all year long (we have proshots of Rock in Rio, Rock am Ring, Camden, Hollywood Bowl, and Circuito do Brasil).

I wonder if they'll release this as The Hunting Party+ or as a separate CD/DVD.

1. Oberhausen was used as a test show with the 4K cameras for Berlin, and it was changed from B to A for that purpose.

2. A very reliable source with the band has confirmed to us that Berlin will be Set A and was decided in advance.

Didn't know about that so that makes sense.

I get why everyone is saying they should wait until the NA tour for a DVD since there will be most likely be a new setlist for that tour, but as others are saying, the band is on fire. I saw them in Amsterdam and they sounded absolutely GREAT.

So in 4k and 3d? That is amazing! I love the fact that they shoot a new DVD in this European tour. Would be totally insane if it was the Amsterdam show they captured. But its the same tour, same setlist. Still a special memory (DSP audio's would be even a better memory!)

Not sure about the 3D part but 4K isn't bad, but is it possible to broadcast 4K on the internet, or just 1080p? and which website will they do it from? Youtube is the only Streaming website known with 3840x2160 pixel capability?

Different countries are needed! Record it from Netherlands instead of Germany and release special DSP there! :D

Sometimes most of the time I don't understand Linkin Park's logic for the shows they pick for DVDs. I mean, Download Festival was by far the most epic/unique event on this tour cycle, yet they decide to record a random show with a setlist we've seen all year long (we have proshots of Rock in Rio, Rock am Ring, Camden, Hollywood Bowl, and Circuito do Brasil).

LP logic strikes again xD. Download Festival WAS an opportunity to Record for DVD/Blu-ray, but didn't happen and it wasn't that fun.

and I have a mental image of some of the shows they should've released as full Proshots.