Linkin Park Unveils New Guests On New Album

hahninator

ABC News has posted an article revealing two more guests for the new Linkin Park album!

"As previously reported, Linkin Park is putting the finishing touches on a new album. Singer Mike Shinoda unveiled five of the songs for a small group of industry professionals in New York City on Friday, and said that he and his band mates share a growing discomfort with the poppier leanings of alternative music these days. With the new album, he says, they felt the need to return to a harder edge.

This is reflected in the first single, "Guilty All the Same," says Shinoda. He tells ABC News Radio, "It just felt like the right introduction to the record, which is kind of a shocking one."

As a matter of fact, Shinoda says the song "sits in the middle [of the songs on the album]" in terms of tone.

Linkin Park's return to the harder edges of alternative rock was evident in two of the songs unveiled at the New York listening party -- one featured Paige Hamilton of Helmet and another Daron Malakian of System of a Down .

Shinoda said that the songs were still rough mixes and that the band is busy tweaking them; he says fans can expect the new Linkin Park album "sometime in the middle of the summer.""

Thoughts?

...middle of Summer? That sucks. Maybe it's not going to be a June release date after all. I hope the album is called Carnivores instead of The Hunting Party, as well, but who knows. Not really excited about having 3 or more guests on a main album, but it is what it is. Helmet and System Of A Down/Scars On Broadway are good bands. Maybe it will grow on me when it comes out.

Edited by Geki

I'm hoping the rest of the songs on the album are mixed better than GATS if they are spending all this time tweaking the songs.

What, you believe GATS is mixed the way it is because they didn't have enough time and just gave us an early unmixed version?

I hope the album's mix is raw as fuck.

What, you believe GATS is mixed the way it is because they didn't have enough time and just gave us an early unmixed version?

I hope the album's mix is raw as fuck.

Not necessary because of a lack of time. It isn't uncommon that songs are mixed differently on the album and on the single. Nine in the Afternoon by Panic at the Disco comes to mind. The single version was more polished than the album cut.

Not necessary because of a lack of time. It isn't uncommon that songs are mixed differently on the album and on the single. Nine in the Afternoon by Panic at the Disco comes to mind. The single version was more polished than the album cut.

Weezer's also done this with Keep Fishin' and Perfect Situation.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR THIS MIRACLE

System is my favorite band of all time, having Daron on the album is beyond my craziest dreams, I am so happy about this. Honestly I've had a smile on my face literally all day since I heard the news, I can't wait for this!!!

In all seriousness, I remember Mike saying within the past couple years that he feels like rock music lacks the collaborative trend that most other popular styles of music have moved towards over the past decade or so. Glad to see LP giving it a shot, but it once again raises my concerns about the feasibility of performing songs from this album live. With Daron in particular, if he goes in and rips a Lonely Day-esque solo on a track, there's no way Brad's going to be able to do it justice live.

I'd assume Page Hamilton will contribute vocally, and Daron will play guitar and possibly sing as well. Page's guitar playing style is almost exclusively drop-tuned powerchords (Helmet were basically the godfathers of nu metal guitar playing), nothing that Brad or Mike couldn't do themselves. Unless he actually co-wrote a song, there wouldn't be any reason for him to play guitar.