Linkin Park Adds Rock In Rio Lisboa Date

hahninator

On January 10th, Rock In Rio Brazil posted on their Facebook page that Linkin Park would return to Lisboa, Portugal to play Rock In Rio 2014. Kudos to LinkinPark:br for catching the information before it was taken down a few minutes later. Their tweets say that the band will be performing on May 30, 2014 at Rock In Rio Lisboa.

We are waiting on official confirmation but we expect it to happen soon. Held at Parque da Bela Vista in Lisboa, this festival brings huge crowds for the band.

The band last performed at the festival as their first European show of 2012 but they also played there in June 2008.

1/13/14 UPDATE: Rock In Rio has confirmed that LP will play on May 30th, 2014 via Facebook.

1/13/14 UPDATE 2: Linkin Park have confirmed the show via Twitter

2/12/14 UPDATE 3: Steve Aoki has been added a special guest.

Brad just spoke to Rolling Stone last week and he said that the album is in the ''early phases'' and they haven't even found what direction they wanted it to go in as of yet. Then you have Chester saying late last year that he thinks 2014 will be a very ''LP heavy'' year. He was then just asked again recently about what 2014 has in store and he said he will be working on the album with LP and working with STP. So my question from all of this is, will the album come out in late spring/early summer in time for these shows? If this turns out to be true (rock in rio date) and LP is also doing Download and Rock am Ring and stuff, seems like they will be releasing something new.

Why wouldn't we get HT played full?

The note talks about the new album and them playing both old and new songs, so I asume if they were to play HT in full, they won't play anything more than that. But we can still dream if you want. Oh boy, I asure you I also want to dream, damm.

Edited by mariotormo

The note talks about the new album and them playing both old and new songs, so I asume if they were to play HT in full, they won't play anything more than that. But we can still dream if you want. Oh boy, I asure you I also want to dream, damm.

If you meant that they won't play HT in full in Rio Lisboa, then you have probably right. When you wrote your previous comment I thought that you think they won't play HT in full at all. There's a probability that they'll play HT in full in Rio Lisboa too, HT is about 45 min long, LP shows are normally 1 hour- 1 and a half hour long. So they have enough time to play HT in full and their biggest hits. I personally don't think they'll play HT in full in Rio Lisboa, but I think they'll play some songs that weren't played for a while, like By myself and Forgotten.

Yup. LP is confirming soon.

Thanks, I think I'm gonna wait a few days for the official LP's announcement.

I'm planning to go (since I didn't think their returning to Italy) and it seems that it's the best (logistically speaking) date at the moment.

I would definitely wait for the full tour to be announced, or until at least April (since they always seem to add 1-2 random more dates in May at the last minute) because you never know what they will do. In 2012 they played some countries for the first time, in 2011 they returned to Belgium for the first time in 10 years. I'd say it's possible they'll return to Italy.

I am surprised that there hasn't been a non-festival show in Italy since 2003. That's crazy. They could easily pack an arena there.

I would definitely wait for the full tour to be announced, or until at least April (since they always seem to add 1-2 random more dates in May at the last minute) because you never know what they will do. In 2012 they played some countries for the first time, in 2011 they returned to Belgium for the first time in 10 years. I'd say it's possible they'll return to Italy.

I am surprised that there hasn't been a non-festival show in Italy since 2003. That's crazy. They could easily pack an arena there.

Yeah;

I saw Green Day last May in Milan and I think LP could easily sold out a 35k capacity arena;

But - as last year told me - I'm gonna doubt they'll headline a show here even if you'll never know.

For the moment I'll take a look at foreign date, so I didn't make the same mistake twice;

Then if they'll came back to Italy, of course makes things simple for me.