New STP EP "High Rise" Out October 8th

LESTAT

STP.com: The new EP from Stone Temple Pilots (with Chester) is titled "High Rise" and will be released on October 8th via 13STAR RECORDS.

Posted Image

Tracklist:

• Out Of Time
  • Black Heart
  • Same On The Inside
  • Cry Cry
  • Tomorrow
View the entry for the EP on Amazon here.

There is also a CD+DVD version, which you can check out here. The description reads, "Japanese original release of mini-album from Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington includes five songs. Comes with a bonus DVD featuring making-of and more (subject to change) and a sticker (subject to change). *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included. Features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD player)."

Thoughts?

Edit: High Rise EP is now available for Pre-Sale in US iTunes for $5.99 HERE. Worldwide PreSale is coming soon.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great. I wonder if High Rise is also a song title. Out Of Time I am pretty positive will also be on this. And lastly, it's really cool that a DVD is going to be a part of it. Sucks LP couldn't make a DVD happen for LIVING THINGS since they had so much studio footage + interviews done for the record. Hopefully their next one has it.

STP tour starts soon - can't wait.

Damn you guys are fast! Next time i'll post here first then in my site xD

Got really lucky that I decided to check LPL on my computer on my way from the shower to bed for the night haha. This is the one night something was actually posted and I saw it 5 mins later.

If not, I probably wouldn't have seen it until about 14 hours from now LOL

The Making Of deal is most likely to entice overseas buyers to buy locally as opposed to importing, especially in Japan, because the local prices are fucking insane.

I see that they's completely given in to not calling Chester a full member of STP. Fucking Scott Weiland, this is entirely his fault. Jackass.

Hopefully this EP will sell well. I'll probably buy the digital version.

Got really lucky that I decided to check LPL on my computer on my way from the shower to bed for the night haha. This is the one night something was actually posted and I saw it 5 mins later.

If not, I probably wouldn't have seen it until about 14 hours from now LOL

Me too!

I was checking new Amazon stuff and i found the STP EP, and started to find more information, then traslating it to spanish.

After that the confirmation via LPL on twitter xD

You guys are great, that's why i really love LPLive!

I'll give it a try. I prefer hear some Rock songs with Chester vocals than generic edm ^_^

Oh and I don't understand this with Chester Bennington thing. I mean, he is a member of the band right?

It's the legal bullshit surrounding STP v. Scott Weiland, presumably. He's butthurt that he got kicked out of the band so he had his legal team demand that they stop counting Chester as a full member and add the "with Chester Bennington" addendum instead.

Finally, there's a release date! The name of the EP sounds really interesting, and I can't wait to listen to it. Does anybody know if it will be released on iTunes?

Probably yes, there's no reason why not.

They're releasing the EP only after the tour so maybe we will here some/all of the new songs live before it'll released.

High Rise is an awesome name.

I can't wait to hear the whole EP.

I wish we could hear Chester scream on it ,but I'm sure it's impossible somehow.

Probably won't be the screams that we know from listening to LP.

Edited by Geki

Dean Deleo talks about the EP here

The interesing parts:

- Is this a good gateway into what's to come from Stone Temple Pilots?

Well, you're going to get to hear that. We just finished up the EP. I really do wish we were able to have the time to contribute an LP. For those kids out there, LP means "Long Play" [Laughs]. With everybody's schedules and Chester having a huge responsibility to Linkin Park, we finished tracking everything on this one night. It was one of those dreaded last days in the studio where we were putting the finishing touches on something at about four in the morning and Chester had to leave at about 4:30am-quarter-to-5am in order to pack for Asia that day with Linkin Park. He's still over there now. He's been them for two-and-a-half weeks. He gets home, and we have rehearsals on the 29th. Then, we're off on September 3 for a one-month run. Time was of the essence for this. We did manage to eek out four new songs, and we will include "Out of Time" on the EP. We'll have a little five-song EP here, hopefully showing up in October.

- Chester's an avowed fan…

It's funny. When we first spoke, he was shocked at how long it took to get the call. I discovered this later after we decided to do this together. If you go on his Wikipedia right now and read it, he's quoted as saying, "I one day dream of being in Stone Temple Pilots". It gets a little crazier. He said, "When I was just dating my wife nine or so years ago, I said to her, 'I'm one day going to get a call from them to be in the band'." Chester's bursting with ideas. He brought in so much. It's almost like he was bringing in a song every day. It's like, "Hey man, let's just stick to these four!" [Laughs] There's actually a song on here that Chester wrote musically, lyrically, and melodically.

Possibly an "LP album reject" song, much like some of the DBS material? Curious to find out more about this.

It's funny, because the ''LP reject material'' are probably 1000x better than most LP songs nowadays. I like rock music, not some overproduced heavy electronic bullshit that doesn't show any potential of a great singer's voice.

It's funny, because the ''LP reject material'' are probably 1000x better than most LP songs nowadays. I like rock music, not some overproduced heavy electronic bullshit that doesn't show any potential of a great singer's voice.

Wow this might be the best post I've ever seen from you. Harsh for sure but that's pretty much my opinion summed up in two sentences on LIVING THINGS. My two points to add to that are:

1. Minutes To Midnight, in my opinion, is a far superior album to LIVING THINGS and the amount of work put into MTM really shows with the final product (including all the b-sides and demos). LIVING THINGS seemed rushed and not nearly as quality.

2. The "reject material" (which I assume coming from you means simply "songs that don't make the albums") seems really strong for Linkin Park, which is something you don't see very often. Across The Line, No Roads Left, and What We Don't Know are all surprisingly VERY good songs and could easily be on a full album from the band. Even Bruiser and Space Station surprisingly were great for instrumentals.

I think the problem some of us have with the quality of LIVING THINGS is a result of most of the material was left over from A Thousand Suns and they took the "not as strong songs" from the ATS sessions that didn't make the album and reworked them into LT songs. A lot of the material/samples of songs we got on StageLight (including the 2 songs I mentioned) seemed pretty good.

The only songs I feel like showcase Chester's good voice on LT are POWERLESS (the end is really good), VICTIMIZED (which he tossed out when he was sick!), and the bridge/end of LOST IN THE ECHO. Maybe IN MY REMAINS. I think his voice is suited more for rock than electronic music though, unless it can be combined into stuff like Blackout, Wretches & Kings, and When They Come For Me, which all kick major ass.

I think the problem some of us have with the quality of LIVING THINGS is a result of most of the material was left over from A Thousand Suns and they took the "not as strong songs" from the ATS sessions that didn't make the album and reworked them into LT songs. A lot of the material/samples of songs we got on StageLight (including the 2 songs I mentioned) seemed pretty good.

It seems like the laziness in this album started with:

Hybrid Theory and Meteora - First direction.

Minutes To Midnight - "let's changed our style."

A Thousand Suns - "let's changed our style again."

Living Things - "Should we mix all our album to one? Anyone has a better idea? No? So let's do it."

I'm not saying they need to change themselves in every album, but when you're starting with laziness you're finishing (or basically not finishing) with laziness.