LP Scrapbook by Mike Shinoda & Megan Cable

loulax07

hey guys

i just got this from Ebay but want to know more about it

its about 12"x15", 80 pages roughly

on the last page, it says by Mike Shinoda and Megan Cable

I saw online at some point that maybe Mike had these made for people close to the band? looks like the clippings stop at 2010.

any insight?

post-126825-0-40511100-1480639435_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-80702400-1480639438_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-19432300-1480639441_thumb.jpg

Now that's an interesting item. Looks like all those throwback pictures released in 2013 to promote the Sunset Strip Music Festival show are actually pictures of this book.

With the help of LPU HQ we have gathered magazine clippings, photos, and official banners to promote the last USA show the band will play for the rest of 2013.

http://mikeshinodaclan.com/2013/07/linkin-park-throwback-take-over-week-ssmf/

http://www.lpassociation.com/forum/threads/lpa-lpl-msc-and-lpfc-team-up-for-throwback-takeover-week.39247/

http://lplive.net/forum/?showtopic=10020

http://lpfancorner.com/2013/07/28/throwback-content-5-hybrid-theory/

Megan Cable

Music / Sound

Professional

& Volunteer for Music for

Relief

http://musicforrelief.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2011MFRANNUALREPORT.pdf

If it's not asking too much, is it possible for you to scan this book and make it available in .pdf format?

Edited by lpliveusername

From what I heard, somewhere, they made 100 or less of these for family and friends but it isn't confirmed.

Scanning all these pages poses two issues for me- one, it'll kill the binding. two, not sure i have the time!

Best I can do is take pics I'm thinking

The photos and clippings in it are really cool and start with the Xero days

But I can see why they made these, sort of to show where LP came from and show how proud they are of everything

How much did you pay? looks amazing hopefully you can make a scan for us.

$50 :)

I actually looked at this, but dismissed it as something fan made! boy how wrong I was! I didn't have $50 anyway, but I still thought about getting it. Wish I would've now.

i would have thought the same but passed on one of these once before so i knew....

• 3 months later...

Lots of people asking for this and no one says thanks?

Dude that's fucking awesome I read some interviews very cool dude i'm so jealous how much did you pay?

thanks bro, i hope to post more when i find the time. there are alot of pages there

i didnt pay much, maybe $60?

Really cool item. Thanks for the pics.

Whenever you find the time it would be great if you could take pictures of each page. This would be a great addition to Linkinpedia.

It's interesting to learn that this is the source for the Throwback pics from 2013 provided by the LPU.

Mark and I noticed that they obviously copied the 2000 tour dates from LPLive for this book. So sadly we can't take this to confirm anything.

Yeah there are parts of this directly from LPLive, but circa 2010 before we changed the tour diaries and some other specific tour stuff. It was easy to identify.

There are apparently several of these books in existence, so the actual items inside (Xero cover, magazine stuff, etc) are most likely copies. Can you confirm this? See if they're on like photo paper, regular paper, newspaper, etc and we can determine what is copied there or if that's original stuff.

Yeah there are parts of this directly from LPLive, but circa 2010 before we changed the tour diaries and some other specific tour stuff. It was easy to identify.

There are apparently several of these books in existence, so the actual items inside (Xero cover, magazine stuff, etc) are most likely copies. Can you confirm this? See if they're on like photo paper, regular paper, newspaper, etc and we can determine what is copied there or if that's original stuff.

The book I have is all copied, it's not the actual items or memorabilia, but really photos and scans of them. If that helps.

Thank you very much for this! Looking forward for the rest. Just one thing I wanted to ask for future pictures:

Whenever you find the time it would be great if you could take pictures of each page.

I think doing this (instead of having 2 pages in each picture) would make the texts easier to read.

Also, I realized we haven't seen the cover yet, so I was wondering, is there a title for the book?