Fake Linkin Park Songs

"Burn" by Band With No Name
- A clip of this song circulated among Linkin Park fans under the title "The Long Way".

"Headstrong" by Trapt
- The demo version of this song is often mislabeled as being a Linkin Park (or Xero) song. Some people even say the song was written by Linkin Park and recorded by Trapt, but the band already confirmed this is not true.

"Becoming The Bull" by Atreyu
- An instrumental clip of this song circulated on a lot of Linkin Park fan sites as being a clip of the unfinished song "Grecian".

"Shapeshifter" by Celldweller and Styles Of Beyond
- No, Chester doesn't sing on this song.

"Poem" by Taproot
- No, Chester didn't record backing vocals for this song.

"Picture Frames" by Fallacy Flow
- This song circulated among Linkin Park fans under a lot of different titles. It can be heard here.

"My Reason" by Spiritfall
- This song was included on a lot of bootleg CDs as being an unreleased Linkin Park or Xero track.

"Bartender" by Hed P.E.
- This song is included on bootleg CDs under the name "I Just Want Your Company". Chester sang the song live with Hed P.E. a couple of times, but he doesn't sing on the studio version.

"LAX" by Xzibit
- No member of Linkin Park had anything to do with this track.

"Technical Difficulties" by Julien-K
- Chester joined the band several times to perform this song live, but he doesn't sing on the studio version. Chester was the executive producer on the album Death To Analog.

"Body Crumbles" by Dry Cell
- The demo version of this song is often mislabeled as being a Linkin Park or a Chester Bennington song. The band already confirmed that Chester doesn't sing on the song (he was in the studio when they recorded it though). A lot of other Dry Cell songs were also mistaken as Linkin Park songs, but "Body Crumbles" is the most famous. "Grape Jelly", under the name "Forget", has also received a lot of attention on recent years.

"Giving In" by Adema
- Chester performed this song live with Adema but he doesn't sing on the studio version.

"Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence
- Circulated under the name "Wake Me Up Inside". Mike doesn't rap on this track. The male vocalist is Paul McCoy of 12 Stones.

"You Know" by Limp Bizkit
- Also known as "No Control" and "Don't Remember" among Limp Bizkit fans. The song is often mislabeled as being a "Limp Bizkit feat. Linkin Park" track.

"I Can't Believe" by Stone Sour
- This song was mislabeled as "Painted Pictures" by Sean Dowdell And His Friends.

"Room 105" by Ballock
- Not Linkin Park.

"Leader Of Men" by Nickelback
- The acoustic version was mislabeled as a Linkin Park song.

"Refugee" by Tribal Ink
- Circulated under the title "What I've Done" before the single was released. A lot of other Tribal Ink songs were included on a fake version of Minutes To Midnight.

"Broken Glass" by The Blank Theory
- Shared as being either Linkin Park or Grey Daze demo.

"Dust In The Wind" by Kansas
- Live acoustic performance of the Kansas song "Dust In The Wind" which circulated as being a Linkin Park performance. Taken from the album Two for the Show.

"Bullet With A Name" by Scars Of Life
- A lot of Scars Of Life songs in P2P softwares had "if you like Linkin Park, Godsmack, Slipknot, [...]" in the file name. Some of them just had the name of these bands (without "if you like"), making some people assume the songs were collaborations between these bands. "Bullet With A Name" is the most commonly associated with Linkin Park.

"War Of Change" by Thousand Foot Krutch
- No, it's not Linkin Park.

"Marco Polo" by Styles Of Beyond
- Mike did a beat for this song but it wasn't used. Mike's version was never released.

"Same Direction" by Hoobastank
- Chester made a cameo appearance on the music video, but he doesn't sing on this song.

"Best U Can" by Tha Alkaholiks
- Mike made a cameo appearance on the music video (playing guitar), but he doesn't play on the song.

"Staring At The Sun (City Clay Remix)" by The Booda Velvets
- A bad quality version of the song appeared on YouTube as being a 30 Seconds To Mars feat. Linkin Park song called "Tupac & Biggie Tribute". A better quality version circulated on filesharing networks for years as featuring various combinations of Linkin Park, Eminem, 50 Cent, Stagga Lee, Jay-Z, etc.

"Already Over" by Red
- Part of a fake A Thousand Suns 5-track sampler.

"The Deepest Well" by Yellowcard
- Chester didn't record vocals for this song.

"Last Time I Lie" by No Resolve

- A podcast on Apple Podcasts claims David Anselmi recorded a single called "We Crashed Breathing" with Chester Bennington for his 2015 album Walking Tragically. He has repeated this statement on interviews, however, the album doesn't contain any song with this title and the song isn't performed by Chester or even himself.

"System" by Boston's Lane
- Appeared on YouTube as being a new Linkin Park track in 2015.

"Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees

- The audio of a performance video of the track appeared on YouTube in 2009 as being a demo from A Thousand Suns.

"Sirens" by Riverline

- This demo started circulating in 2019 under the title of the Meteora demo "Nocturnal".

"Set Me Free" by Riverline

- This demo started circulating in 2019 under the title of the Minutes To Midnight demo "Sterile Poon". A different version of "Set Me Free" exists under the title "Saturated Sky".

"Stairway To Heaven" by Kai Whiston

- On May 8, 2018 artist Kai Whiston uploaded this song to his SoundCloud page claiming on the description that the track features Mike Shinoda. This claim was repeated on articles about him and he has shared a screenshot of a supposed online video chat with Mike. The picture is actually a photoshopped screenshot from Mike's December 15, 2017 Instagram live video (it's literally just a mirror-flipped version of the video thumbnail).

"You're Gonna Get What's Good For You" by Bryan Woolley

- In 2022 Bryan Woolley released a song titled You're Gonna Get What's Good For You featuring an artist named Dave Farrell, but it's not Phoenix from Linkin Park. Dave Farrell is a guitarist who has played for Diamond Star Halo, Patitude, Third Stage, and Trip the Wire.

"Nightmare Within" by The Oxob

- On September 8, 2022 The Oxob released a new single featuring an artist called Grey Daze, but it's not the same Grey Daze for which Chester sang in the 90s.

"Don't Stay vs. 99 Problems" by AL-B

- Mash-up of Jay-Z's "99 Problems" and Linkin Park's "Don't Stay" made by a DJ called al-b3 before the release of Collision Course.

"99 Steps Klosr" by AL-B
- Mash-up of Jay-Z's "99 Problems" and Linkin Park's "1Stp Klosr" made by a DJ called AL-B before the release of Collision Course. It's not rare to download a pirate copy of the EP with this track instead of "Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer".

"In The End (Demo)" by DJ Vice

- Often shared as an unreleased Reanimation demo. This is a demo mashup of "In The End" by Linkin Park with vocals from "Tell Me When To Go" by E-40 that was uploaded to DJ Vice's MySpace page.

"Hardly Breathe" by Hydroponikz
- This song used Chester's vocals and the instrumental of "Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2". Chester had nothing to do with the song.

"Spell It Out" by Jon Barker
- A fan made remix of the song "Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2" made by an ex-LPFuse member. Mislabeled as a Fort Minor song.

"Where'd You Go (PRYDE Remix)"
- Part of a fake Fort Minor Militia EP. There's no such thing as a Fort Minor Militia CD or EP.

"Numb/Encore (Remix) feat. Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent"

- Mash-up of "Numb/Encore" (by Linkin Park and Jay-Z) and "Curtains Down" (by Eminem featuring 50 Cent and Dr. Dre). Part of a mixtape called "Dr Dre - Dretox Hosted by DJ Exclusive".

---------------

Several Grey Daze tracks have been mislabeled as Linkin Park songs on unofficial compilations.

The versions of "What's In The Eye", "Sometimes", and "Hole" from ...No Sun Today and the hidden track from "Shouting Out" were also frequently mislabeled as being "live acoustic versions".

---------------

Fake titles:

Demos:

- The Team [Carousel Demo]

- Explode [Part Of Me Demo]

- Secret / Ambient [Part Of Me hidden track]

- Under Attack [Crawling Demo]

- Vertical Limit [Points Of Authority Demo]

- Behind Your Lies / Lies [Qwerty]

The Hunting Party:

- Viserion

- The Hunt

- March Of The Dead

LP Underground XIV:

01. Wires [2014 Demo]

02. Charges Around [2002 Demo]

03. Through The Desert [2006 Demo]

04. All For Nothing [2013 Demo]

05. Promises [in Between Demo]

06. Tears From The Past [2011 Demo]

07. Long Song [2003 Demo]

08. Decomposition [2013 Demo]

09. Carousel [1999 Demo]

10. The Eternal Path [2010 Demo]

LP Underground 15:

01. Maelstrom(HT Demo)

02. No Resignation(FM Demo)

03. Prohibited(Meteora Demo)

04. Small Death(FM Demo)

05. Mimicry(MTM Demo)

06. Day 58(FM Demo)

07. For The Event Horizon(ATS Demo)

08. Dance Hit(LT Demo)

09. Catastrophe In The Guts (THP Demo)

10. Welcome(FM Demo)

LP Underground 16:

01. Beyond (Demo 2006)

02. Greece (Demo 2009)

03. The Changeling (2012 Demo)

04. Cool The Sample (Demo 1999)

05. Death Valley (Demo 2013)

06. The Disease Inside (Demo 2002)

07. Adhesive (Demo 2010)

08. The Other Coordinate System (Demo 2005)

09. Boom (Demo 2014)

10. Without Air (Demo 2008)

---------------

Let me know if you have anything to add.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Circulated under the name "Wake Me Up Inside". Mike doesn't rap on this track. The male vocalist is Paul McCoy of 12 Stones.

I still don't understand how the fuck people mistake this. What moron said Paul was Mike? >_>

Great thread. Nothing to add except maybe Same Direction by Hoobastank, where Chester appears in the video, but I don't see many people thinking he's in the studio version. Here's some info on a few of these...

"Technical Difficulties" by Julien-K

- Chester joined the band several times to perform this song live, but he doesn't sing on the studio version.

& he also executive produced the song as well as every other song on the album Death To Analog.

Last year I read an article that said Mike was asked to be on this song, LOL. I don't think that's where this whole mistake comes from. Mike flat out said no. If someone could find the link to that article, that'd be awesome...hell I think it was a quote by him.

"Spell It Out"

- A fan made remix of the song "Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like This) Part 2".

Made by Jon Barker from LPFuse (at the time). People really ran with this big time even though he posted that it was a FAN remix haha.

Last year I read an article that said Mike was asked to be on this song, LOL. I don't think that's where this whole mistake comes from. Mike flat out said no. If someone could find the link to that article, that'd be awesome...hell I think it was a quote by him.

2.) It says, "In 2003, Mike was asked to be featured on Evanescence's single "Bring Me to Life," as stated by fellow band member Chester Bennington in a magazine interview. In the end, Paul McCoy of 12 Stones recorded the vocals instead." I don't remember this being said, but even if it was…I was never asked to be on any Evanescence music. Even if Chester said it, this part isn't true (we all make mistakes)!

Not sure if this also falls under 'We have no idea what we're talking about', or if you knew that, but I found it on his blog when I was searching for the article

why the bad words man? :P

the rapping is very similar to LITE

which song was released first?

0:33 rapping is what i am talking about

Similarities doesnt make a demo/copy :P

Just some light-hearted humor, nothing.to piss you off :P

"Spell It Out"

- A fan made remix of the song "Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like This) Part 2".

Made by Jon Barker from LPFuse (at the time). People really ran with this big time even though he posted that it was a FAN remix haha.

I also saw it named under Fort Minor.

"My Reason" by Spiritfall

- This song was included on a lot of bootleg CDs as being an unreleased Linkin Park or Xero track.

Man, I remember when this came out and the internets were all like, "THIS IS TOTALLY LINKIN PARK." The CD I got this song from was the CD I first hear Grey Daze on. :) Also, this song is pretty epic. Still remember the lyrics: "i'm running out of patience and my life is over." Definitely worth a listen, even if it's not Linkin Park. At all.

Yeah, that's never sounded like Mike. I'm not sure why people thought it was.

"Hardly Breathe" by Hydroponikz

- This song used Chester's vocals and the instrumental of "Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like This) Part 2". Chester had nothing to do with the song.

I listen to this 1000x before I listen to Rock and Roll. Sorry HBMS. I love Hydroponikz verse here, and love the way he seamlessly integrated the instrumental with the short Chester section on the actual song.

Honestly, Chester's vocals in Rock N Roll Part 2. are probably some of my favorite vocals he has ever recorded... I wonder if Chester and Mike's parts were from unused LP demos, or they made them specifically for the track in 2004.

• 3 months later...