What is the "holy grail" now?

Astat

With the MASSIVE number of mindblowing LP media releases over the past few years (both in terms of live and studio material), it occurred to me today that the definition of the "holy grail" isn't what it once was. Docklands 2001 full proshot? Got it. A proshot from Projekt Revolution 2004? Got it. MFR 2005? Got it. A lot of the one-time "BIG shows" are now available (and it's awesome!). So what do you guys think would qualify as one of those "HOLY SHIT" type of releases these days? Here's a few that I could think of (with the bolded ones being the "BIG" ones)...

-A live show older than Phoenix 2000
-Wantagh 8/9/2001 full proshot video (filmed for HBO Reverb and shelved, Docklands was used instead)
-A video source from a 2002 performance (Memphis?)

-Full recordings of the two professionally-recorded LPU Tour 2003 shows (Nottingham full audio, Detroit full video - SHOCKED that we never got a SBD of Hit the Floor considering how much that tour was recorded)
-Las Vegas 2003 (Boost Mobile show)
-Audience recorings of Houston/Irving 2003
-Smokeout 2003 full proshot video
-Roxy 2004 full proshot video (Several unreleased LP solo performances + both takes of LPJZ)
-MFR 2005 proshot video (I rage a little every time a news station teases us with the 30-second stock clips)
-Full proshot video and/or SBD audio of a Summer Sonic 2006 show (we've got like 7 or 8 professionally-recorded songs from that setlist, might as well piece together a full show)
-Rock AM Ring 2007 full proshot video

-KROQ AAC 2007 DSP-quality audio (we know Pooch recorded and mixed it)
-A DSP of a Europe 2008 show that included Reading My Eyes
-Transformers 2 premiere 2009 full proshot video
-SiriusXM 2012 full audio
-Australia/New Zealand 2013 DSPs (not really "holy grail" material, but dammit, at least give us ONE DSP with Castle of Glass...)

-Grey Daze Rally Kap 1994 full video
-Any Snax/Tasty Snax footage that may exist
-Making of Minutes to Midnight (Webster Hall movie theater showing version)

-Dead By Sunrise Las Vegas 2009 full acoustic set
-Dead By Sunrise Scottsdale 2011 acoustic set (includes their rendition of The Messenger)
-Fort Minor Pukkelpop 2005 full proshot video

-Full Marc Ostrick Hybrid Theory tapes

Edited by Astat

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Grail

- Full Bucket Of Weenies performance from Club Tattoo 2005.

- Making Of Minutes To Midnight (Webster Hall Version).

- The ''thoughts that take away my pride'' song from Making Of Meteora.

Edited by Geki

I'd add Dead By Sunrise Hamburg 2009 to that list. The full show was filmed. Someone from Warner said it would be released but later they just kept making up bullshit reasons why it's not happening.

2003, while we have no SBD recording of Hit The Floor, we have only one of Easier To Run and also just one for P5hng, right?

I really like this thread I idea, "holy grail" is exactly the right term.

I'd add Dead By Sunrise Hamburg 2009 to that list. The full show was filmed. Someone from Warner said it would be released but later they just kept making up bullshit reasons why it's not happening.

2003, while we have no SBD recording of Hit The Floor, we have only one of Easier To Run and also just one for P5hng, right?

I really like this thread I idea, "holy grail" is exactly the right term.

I would love these actually. The full Hamburg 2009 show for DBS would be EPIC. And I think we should have got a live version of HTF on a Meteora single or something. It's kind of weird that every Meteora era live webcast ''didn't include'' HTF or ETR. At least we got ETR on the Numb single.

It's really hard to say what's the ultimate holy grail right now. It was the MFR show for pretty much the last 7 years or so, lol.

Many of the full shows we got like Camden or London were extreme luck. There's more stuff out there, you just have to find the right person to get it from.

It always amazes me how much older stuff still comes up after all these years. I'm been trading/collecting for almost 10 years now and there's have been countless times when I thought there's nothing new to get.

It's almost ridiculous how much stuff we have from the Hyrid Theory era, tons of demos and different versions of the album.

I'm a little bi-est and thought of two things I'd love.

First a video of the Sydney show in 2001 when the crowd broke the floor during In The End. I love the enmore as a venue so I'd love to see how the guys trashed it haha.

Second would be the Sydney soundwave show. 100% it was recorded by Channel V but like every soundwave (even though before they said it wasnt the same) they haven't released any pro shot besides that stupid 1 hr interview session with all the bands.

Edited by Pez

Pictureboard

If we're talking in terms of live shows this wouldn't count, but I agree it's the holy grail of studio releases along with the 20 Eyes cover. I would say at this point in time the holy grail is either a pro-shot of a 2002 show (preferably with And One in it), or a 2000-older show.

If we're talking in terms of live shows this wouldn't count, but I agree it's the holy grail of studio releases along with the 20 Eyes cover. I would say at this point in time the holy grail is either a pro-shot of a 2002 show (preferably with And One in it), or a 2000-older show.

Well, maybe it was played live, so a live recording of it will be OK :)

any pre-Orlando '00 show
pictureboard (live or studio) - could be the biggest load of rubbish ever but it's got to be in this list!
pro-shots (Video/Audio) from '02, '03 and PR'04

and personally,
UK Sonisphere '09 - full proshot / full DSP
UKUndercurrent released Crawl Back In, and I watched the Channel 4 Broadcast with ITE and SIB, so there must be a full proshot in both Audio and Video somewhere dammit!

Pictureboard is so overhyped, I guess it hardly lives up to our expectations.

yes, like I said - could be the biggest pile of crap in the history of crap. but that doesn't stop it being one of these "grails"

*ironic religion joke*

Pictureboard won't be better than Blue ;)

That's right. I'm sure it's not that great, maybe 'She Couldn't' is even better (which I really like a lot) but I'd still like to hear it. It's hyped up so much so it'd be cool just to have it.

Holy grail items left in my opinion: (live stuff)

- A live Xero show

- A live show pre-Orlando 2000 (like 1998, 1999, or early 2000)

- Smokeout 2003 full proshot (ooooh man)

- Rock am Ring 2007 full proshot

- Marc Ostrick videos (Esaul rehearsal, Slip rehearsal, maybe even other stuff)

- Pre-2007 DSPs (PR04, MWT 04, UK fall 2003, etc)

and last but not least:

-Making of Minutes to Midnight (Webster Hall movie theater showing version)

Also, speaking of Boston 2000 (http://lplive.net/shows/20001129.php), I am not entirely sure that the mp3 of 'Forgotten' from that show isn't from something else. Worth taking a look into.

Some of the stuff like audience recordings from Texas 2003 would be cool but not holy grail worthy in my opinion.