Live Releases / #LPDSP Campaign

hahninator

Here's an update on our #LPDSP campaign to get Linkin Park to release more live shows online. LPCatalog was able to discuss the campaign with Mike at the Meet & Greet in Rybnik. Here's where we are at:

Linkin Park as a band is on board. The band members have no problems with DSPs or releasing shows (new and old) online, and they think it's a great idea. The problem is with Warner Bros, the band's label. They aren't on board with it right now, and we need to change that.

Please join our campaign and sign if you haven't. We detail the entire letter and proposed changes to the band's online live show release system. We want to make it easier on the band, their crew, the label and the fans and believe there is a solution that will benefit all parties. Fans want older and newer shows released online, and there should be a way that it can be done.

If you need a refresher for what HAS been released, here you go: 229 live shows have been released by Linkin Park between 2007 and 2012.

Pre-DSP era

Before DSPs, Linkin Park included live songs on LP Underground CDs and as bonus tracks on single releases. High Voltage, Reading My Eyes, One Step Closer with Jonathan Davis from Korn, QWERTY and Step Up/It's Goin' Down/Nobody's Listening are just a few of the great live tracks released before 2007.

Minutes To Midnight era

With the start of the DSPs, fans were able to relive their concert experiences at Linkin Park's shows. This is also arguably when Linkin Park, after a two and a half year break of not touring, took their live show to the next level and evolved into a true worldwide headlining band with an actual show. Debut performances of new songs on Minutes To Midnight, huge shows in Europe, first appearances in Asian countries, and more were all released from 2007-2009. One tour that was unfortunately NOT released in this era was the Summer European Tour in 2008, with three very unique setlists.

A Thousand Suns era

In 2010-2011, Linkin Park released shows from their first South American Tour ever and first show in Brazil since 2004. Fans heard new ATS songs for the first time as well as the return of Projekt Revolution in Europe in 2011. Highlights also include the show at Moscow's Red Square, the one-off performance of A Place For My Head in Paris for Hybrid Theory's 10th Anniversary, and the beginning of the LPU Summits.

Living Things era

With another new album in 2012, we heard the new medleys/mashups the band incorporated live, like LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent, Lying From You/Papercut, and Victimized/QWERTY along with a cool cover of the Beastie Boys' Sabotage during Bleed It Out. The last two shows ever released as DSPs were the band's first shows in South Africa in November 2012 to massive stadium crowds. Unfortunately, the lack of promotion for the DSPs by the band's management lead to poor sales and the end of the recordings.

There are still many shows and great things in the band's history that we do NOT have. Since 2012, there have been numerous LPU Summits worldwide, more song debuts, and first shows in countries worldwide. We want Linkin Park to release older shows from before 2007, too. There are fantastic shows from 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006 that deserve proper releases as well as the large European Tour in summer 2008.
If you want another version of Wish (Nine Inch Nails cover), an officially released version of My Own Summer (Deftones cover) from 2002, a full Projekt Revolution 2004 show, more guest versions of songs and unique live versions, or a full Summer Sonic 2006 show, sign the petition. Songs like Hit The Floor and many others have never been released.
A full, officially mixed and mastered version of a show like this:
Or this:
The band has shows like these in their vault, many of them. Not a TON, but a good amount from each year.
Please keep spreading the word so we can reach our goal (5,000 minimum) and send the signatures to the band's record label! Once again, you can sign here.

If you want another version of Wish (Nine Inch Nails cover), an officially released version of My Own Summer (Deftones cover) from 2002, a full Projekt Revolution 2004 show, more guest versions of songs and unique live versions, or a full Summer Sonic 2006 show, sign the petition. Songs like Hit The Floor and many others have never been released.

I really liked this part. Even for myself, I want the pre-DSP era recordings more, because we've heard almost everything they've been playing in the last few years in high quality (thank to technology improvements), but old shows with Chester sounding better are more fun to listen to.

I have signed the petition already, but this isn't looking good. Mike basically confirmed that Warner is the reason that they stopped and they aren't really interested in the idea anymore, for whatever reason. I would love to have old shows and new shows just like everyone else, but it seems like it will be very hard to obtain. Maybe the band should start releasing LPU CD's like they did in the past with a few rare live tracks and a few demos, etc.

...once upon a time in 2007 Trent Reznor upload his cd Year Zero on torrent tracker and during concerts was saying to the crowd : steal my music, you can download it on the internet, fuck labels and overpriced cds...Then he broke up with his record label Nothing Interscope, someting like that LP will never do...No one should command what artist can do with his work

...once upon a time in 2007 Trent Reznor upload his cd Year Zero on torrent tracker and during concerts was saying to the crowd : steal my music, you can download it on the internet, fuck labels and overpriced cds...Then he broke up with his record label Nothing Interscope, someting like that LP will never do...No one should command what artist can do with his work

And now NIN is under contract with Columbia. There are reasons even well established acts stay at major labels.

I want a DSP of every show like they did in the past. If not, that's unfair for people. Why does someone who went to a certain show deserve a DSP when someone who went to a different show doesn't get one? Everyone deserves one for their show, no matter how big or small of a show. They did it from 2007 to 2012, they could do it again, it's just the money issue, that's why Warner won't do it. No other reason except for the money aspects