Best Show Of Each Album Cycle?

Geki

I got this idea today that I want to work with. I am going to create a CD book and fill it with a ton of LP stuff, etc. and I wanted to know what everyone on LPL thinks was the very best show of each album cycle (not including Reanimation, Recharged, etc., only the 6 main albums). You can only pick one show because I don't want to have too much live stuff in my book. For example, I choose Rock am Ring 2014 as the best show of THP cycle (unless a show in 2015 beats it, which I highly doubt). Maybe what show you thought LP performed at the best or a show that you felt captured the feel of the album, etc. Also try and make sure there is a source for the show you choose, whether it be SBD or audience because I want to create a CD for each of the 6 album cycles. Feel free to elaborate on why you think it was the best show, etc.

The year time frame would be this:

HT - 2000 to 2002

Meteora - 2003 to 2004

MTM - 2007 to 2008

ATS - 2010 to 2011

LT - 2012 to 2013

THP - 2014 to 2015

Edited by Geki

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very difficult to choose only one because LP has a lot of great shows. I'll try to do it.

HT: Docklands Arena 2001 (Love the setlist and the energy they put on the show is great!)

Meteora: RAR 2004

THP: RAR 2014

I know it's incomplete because it's very hard for me to choose only one. In a couple of days I will update my list and add MTM, ATS and LT era.

More than 1 show ok?

2000- orlando, 2002 - las vegas

2003 - detroit, mtv 2$ bill

2004 - los angeles, meteora world tour (non-pro)

2004 - nurnberg, rock am ring 2004 (proshot)

2006 - summer sonic, the non proshot shows

2007 - best for me is siettle

2008 - Madison Square Garden, or R2R at milton

2010 - KROQ :P NYC 2010 was equally great

2012 - No doubt, mtv world stage for mixing-stuff

2012 - South Africa (DSP)

2013 - no proshot but LITE at Summer sonic 2013

2014 - download festival for hybrid theory and hard start wastelands

2014 - MTV Fandom awards for THP.. Hollywood bowl show for all other other

As u all know, just my opinion

Other opinions welcome, i don't fight about mine :P

I want some cool shows too.

I'll pick just one.

HT (2000-2002): London Docklands 2001. Setlist was fucking filthy (even though they dropped Step Up). Best High Voltage performance ever...And One was NUTS. Crowd went insane. Largest crowd LP had ever played for up until that point. Very cool.

Meteora (2003-2004): Rock am Ring 2004. Epic set, epic crowd...stars aligned for them. Download had a semi bad crowd especially in the back and LP came to Germany with a very warm welcome by Germany. Love that show. Lisbon right after that kicked ass too...LP on fire at this point.

??? (2005-2006): Summer Sonic 2006. Not sure which show. Maybe Tokyo. Love the setlists. Chester's voice was amazing and never went back to sounding like this ever again. He must have injured it recording for MTM. FTI Tokyo is badass.

MTM (2007-2008): Berlin. So many good shows at this point. Almost picked Auburn 2007. LP returning to amphitheaters on a tour for the first time in 3 years and NAILED it. Anyway Berlin was a mega historic, epic venue and the crowd went off...LP jammed huge. Wish we had a DSP from that show. Great show.

ATS (2010-2011): Berlin was the best show to me, again. And favorite setlist was Melbourne Night 2. But Berlin was badass to me...WTCFM sounds great...first ATS show in Europe and they nailed it.

LT (2012-2013): Camden. LPU Summit...everyone was there having a blast, LP fucking killed it on the setlist and energy wise. Rock im Park might have been a better show since it was in the rain and had 2x the crowd, but I wasn't there. I love that show though, but I do know Camden was amazing.

THP (2014-2015): While Orlando got APFMH/FTI back and the band sounded like GOLD (best in years)....I'll have to say Rock am Ring 2014. LP knew it was the last RaR at Nurburgring and killed it. MASSIVE crowd too.

I'll pick just one.

HT (2000-2002): London Docklands 2001. Setlist was fucking filthy (even though they dropped Step Up). Best High Voltage performance ever...And One was NUTS. Crowd went insane. Largest crowd LP had ever played for up until that point. Very cool.

Meteora (2003-2004): Rock am Ring 2004. Epic set, epic crowd...stars aligned for them. Download had a semi bad crowd especially in the back and LP came to Germany with a very warm welcome by Germany. Love that show. Lisbon right after that kicked ass too...LP on fire at this point.

??? (2005-2006): Summer Sonic 2006. Not sure which show. Maybe Tokyo. Love the setlists. Chester's voice was amazing and never went back to sounding like this ever again. He must have injured it recording for MTM. FTI Tokyo is badass.

MTM (2007-2008): Berlin. So many good shows at this point. Almost picked Auburn 2007. LP returning to amphitheaters on a tour for the first time in 3 years and NAILED it. Anyway Berlin was a mega historic, epic venue and the crowd went off...LP jammed huge. Wish we had a DSP from that show. Great show.

ATS (2010-2011): Berlin was the best show to me, again. And favorite setlist was Melbourne Night 2. But Berlin was badass to me...WTCFM sounds great...first ATS show in Europe and they nailed it.

LT (2012-2013): Camden. LPU Summit...everyone was there having a blast, LP fucking killed it on the setlist and energy wise. Rock im Park might have been a better show since it was in the rain and had 2x the crowd, but I wasn't there. I love that show though, but I do know Camden was amazing.

THP (2014-2015): While Orlando got APFMH/FTI back and the band sounded like GOLD (best in years)....I'll have to say Rock am Ring 2014. LP knew it was the last RaR at Nurburgring and killed it. MASSIVE crowd too.

I like your list man. Thanks. I agree with you on everything. Camden 2012 was epic, that was the first time I ever met you and Jonas and other LPL members.

Edited by Geki

More than 1 show ok?

2000- orlando, 2002 - las vegas

2003 - detroit, mtv 2$ bill

2004 - los angeles, meteora world tour (non-pro)

2004 - nurnberg, rock am ring 2004 (proshot)

2006 - summer sonic, the non proshot shows

2007 - best for me is siettle

2008 - Madison Square Garden, or R2R at milton

2010 - KROQ :P NYC 2010 was equally great

2012 - No doubt, mtv world stage for mixing-stuff

2012 - South Africa (DSP)

2013 - no proshot but LITE at Summer sonic 2013

2014 - download festival for hybrid theory and hard start wastelands

2014 - MTV Fandom awards for THP.. Hollywood bowl show for all other other

As u all know, just my opinion

Other opinions welcome, i don't fight about mine :P

I want some cool shows too.

There is pro-footage of LITE at summer sonic 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-NUb_TPsGI

Anyway....

Hybrid Theory (2000 - 2002) - ROCK AM RING 2001

Meteora (2003 - 2004) - ROCK AM RING 2004

Minutes to Midnight (2007 - 2008) - ROCK AM RING 2007 or NEW YORK, WEBSTER HALL 2007

A THOUSAND SUNS (2010 - 2011) - KROQ 2010

Living Things (2012 - 2013) - MONTERREY 2012 or BERLIN 2012

The Hunting Party (2014 - 2015) - mtvU Fandom Awards Comic Con 2014 or Red Bull Sound Space KROQ 2014 or Download Festival 2014

Edited by Broman

Hybrid Theory (2000-2002) - ROCK AM RING 2001 or DOCKLANDS ARENA, LONDON 2001 - good setlist, performances and crowd. And One & High Voltage - such a great songs.

Meteora (2003-2006) - SUMMER SONIC 2006 - Qwerty! One of the best shows. and THAT power in Chester's voice.

Minutes to Midnight (2007-2009) - LIVE EARTH, JAPAN 2007 - I really like this show, good crowd and setlist. No More Sorrow, TLTGYA - wish I could hear these songs live.

A THOUSAND SUNS (2010-2011) - ITUNES FESTIVAL 2011 - the best LP show, amazing setlist, great crowd, Chester's voice. The best performances of NMS, BITS and Given Up. And wonderful "Rolling in the Deep" cover.

Living Things (2012-2013) - MONTERREY 2012 - great crowd. Incredible opener - APFMH with amazing intro. In My Remains and Lost In The Echo in the setlist!

The Hunting Party (2014-) - WROCLAW, POLAND 2014 - awesome setlist, fucking amazing performances - Chester was really good. The best performances of: Lost In The Echo, Bleed it Out (AMAZING "lift me up, let me go" sing-along) , Until it's Gone (that intro!), Ballad Medley (just beautiful) and What I've Done. Epic crowd. It will be really hard to beat it in upcoming months.

Hybrid Theory (2000-2002) - Rock am Ring 2001

Meteora (2003-2004) - Rock am Ring 2004

Minutes To Midnight (2007-2008) - Road To Revolution Live At Milton Keynes 2008

A Thousand Suns (2010-2011) - New York 2011

Living Things (2012-2013) - Sao Paulo 2012

The Hunting Party (2014-2015) - Rock am Ring 2014

HT - 2000 to 2002: 19.09.2001 Milan, Italy

Meteora - 2003 to 2006: Summer Sonic (Chiba) and Rock Am Ring

MTM - 2007 to 2009: Rock Am Ring and Transformers 2 Premiere

ATS - 2010 to 2011: Madison Square Garden and Moscow

LT - 2012 to 2013: Rock In Rio and Berlin

THP - 2014 to 2015: Download Festival And Rock Am Ring

There's no way you can logically say that Download Festival was the best show of THP cycle unless you're judging solely by the setlist. The songs were sloppy, the band was uninspired, Chester bashed the entire thing a month later, and the crowd was extremely sub par.

There's no way you can logically say that Download Festival was the best show of THP cycle unless you're judging solely by the setlist. The songs were sloppy, the band was uninspired, Chester bashed the entire thing a month later, and the crowd was extremely sub par.

This 100%.

The Hunting Party (2014 - 2015) - Red Bull Sound Space KROQ 2014

I did like this performance a lot. Another great one. I like short and sweet shows.

Edited by Geki

We can easily be judging on how good the songs sound, sloppy clearly isn't the right term to go off by because they slipped just a couple times, nothing different than their usual shows.

Most of the time, the biggest basis on whether the band sounds good or not comes from Chester. He is either hit or miss nowadays and from the footage and audio (both pro and amateur) that we have seen, its clear that Chester was on point. Everyone else in the band seems to have a grasp of how they deliver (tho I will admit Brad has been a bit iffy as of these past couple years).

The band just really didn't seem to give a fuck at Download. The performance seemed REALLY forced, like the band was just going through the motions. They play off the crowd, and the crowd REALLY didn't give a fuck. Just for example, compare One Step Closer from Download to One Step Closer from Rock Am Ring. To me, EVERYTHING is better about the Rock Am Ring performance. Sure, Download had By Myself and Forgotten, but By Myself was only as good as the midpoints from Rock Am Ring or the 2015 tour shows, and Forgotten, well, that really is never all that great.

Edited by CASTIELOFSASSEXPERIENCE

I saw houndred videos in youtube from this show and I like the show.You think someone force them to play something like that?that's funnny because it's looks like that someone force them the entire THP tour to play heavy songs.except chester and sometimes mike the other 4 guys like they don't care if they play their parts right or wrong in heavy songs like GATS.

I fucking love the way the band sounded at Download, Chester's screaming was at its best... just listen to By Myself.

Chester's screaming was at it's best in 2003-2006, not at Download 2014. IMO.

The funny thing is that most of you I say "Rock Am Ring". That's right, the crowd was great, but not Chester.

I have the impression that "RaR" is so cool, because had live stream. There were a few other better gigs where everything was fine. It's clear that it's hard to beat that crowd, but it was a festival..

There were a few headline shows, which were great crowds and amazing performances from band.

Example? Milan, Brasília.. Wroclaw? Maybe.

What I mean is that some people believe that "RaR" is the best without knowing the other great shows.

Speaking only about 2014...

Shut up you fucking coward, you really have issues.

Dude listen to any recording from that era. Summer Sanitarium Los Angeles 2003, Cleveland 2004, Mountain View 2004, Tokyo 2006, etc. His screaming wasn't that at good at Download Festival 2014.

We can easily be judging on how good the songs sound, sloppy clearly isn't the right term to go off by because they slipped just a couple times, nothing different than their usual shows.

Sloppy in the sense of, the songs sounded off. Crawling especially. Even Points Of Authority.

The band just really didn't seem to give a fuck at Download. The performance seemed REALLY forced, like the band was just going through the motions. They play off the crowd, and the crowd REALLY didn't give a fuck. Just for example, compare One Step Closer from Download to One Step Closer from Rock Am Ring. To me, EVERYTHING is better about the Rock Am Ring performance. Sure, Download had By Myself and Forgotten, but By Myself was only as good as the midpoints from Rock Am Ring or the 2015 tour shows, and Forgotten, well, that really is never all that great.

Agreed 100%. It was cool they played By Myself and Forgotten but it wasn't filthy. With that said, I'd still go see HT live.

I saw houndred videos in youtube from this show and I like the show.You think someone force them to play something like that?that's funnny because it's looks like that someone force them the entire THP tour to play heavy songs.except chester and sometimes mike the other 4 guys like they don't care if they play their parts right or wrong in heavy songs like GATS.

Yeah, I do think that. The money talked, in the situation. Download offered them so much that it'd be stupid to say no. If LP didn't agree to do it then Download was going to ask another band to headline - aka they did not want LP playing a normal THP show, at all. That's been stated by the band several times.

On THP tour, GATS has sounded great to me and I've seen it live 11 times.

Chester's screaming was at it's best in 2003-2006, not at Download 2014. IMO.

Agreed. 2006, wow, huge fan. 2004 too.

The funny thing is that most of you I say "Rock Am Ring". That's right, the crowd was great, but not Chester.

I have the impression that "RaR" is so cool, because had live stream. There were a few other better gigs where everything was fine. It's clear that it's hard to beat that crowd, but it was a festival..

There were a few headline shows, which were great crowds and amazing performances from band.

Example? Milan, Brasília.. Wroclaw? Maybe.

What I mean is that some people believe that "RaR" is the best without knowing the other great shows.

Speaking only about 2014...

Yes that's a fact and I thought that about 2004 too. Lisbon was probably as equal as Rock am Ring in 2004. The band sounded great at that show. In 2014, it's no secret Wroclaw and Milano were just as good performance wise. I agree completely. People are only exposed to the RaR shows because they are webcasted and so popular. Milano, wow, the crowd was so good. Meanwhile, a few people in the crew stated Wroclaw was the best show of that tour.