30.08.2011 - Las Vegas, NV

I would love for them to play more Hybrid Theory tracks. I'm a huge fan of A Thousand Suns, but damn guys, Hybrid Theory and Meteora weren't absolute garbage. Well Meteora maybe, but Hybrid Theory is a classic.

Am I the only one who doesn't care to see Robot Boy live? I'm a huge fan of the song, but I think that it won't sound to great live unless they touch it up a little.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love for them to play more Hybrid Theory tracks. I'm a huge fan of A Thousand Suns, but damn guys, Hybrid Theory and Meteora weren't absolute garbage. Well Meteora maybe, but Hybrid Theory is a classic.

Am I the only one who doesn't care to see Robot Boy live? I'm a huge fan of the song, but I think that it won't sound to great live unless they touch it up a little.

Meteora>>>>HT

I think they'd be able to pull it off. If they put off playing it live for so long then it must be because they were touching it up especially for a live setting, so I doubt they'd straight up play the studio version of Robot Boy.

Also, Meteora > Hybrid Theory. ;)

Meteora>>>>HT

In my opinion:

Hybrid Theory is better than Meteora. The lyrics are less cliched, and the performance of Chester and Mike seems more passionate and less forced. Mike's rapping in Meteora sounds very dry and boring. Meteora is more creative instrumentally, but other than that I don't see how Meteora is better.

^ I agree. Meteora is completely devoid of emotion since Don Gilmore forced them to rewrite lyrics so many times that they became insincere. Musically there were some cool ideas and there's a couple of really cool tracks, but overall the emotion that made Hybrid Theory so great just wasn't there.

I was at the show. Cure for the itch intro was the only real surprise, though I was happy they didn't just repeat the same Vegas setlist. This time they played FTI, LFY, BITS. No breaking the habit or Messenger like last time. But LP....

Why do you never play LOATR in Vegas!?

Was hoping to hear Robot boy as well, but it was a no show =[

Meteora isn't better than HT in my opinion...HT will always hold a special place in my heart because it was one of the first CDs I ever bought (I was 11 at the time) and I have deep appreciation for HT. I have the album cover tattooed on me, I love every single song on the album, I have signed copies of HTEP and HT, etc. Meteora did have some good songs, Faint is one of my absolute favorite LP tracks still to this day. I think BTH was way ahead of it's time though, BTH is a really good song. But other than that, Meteora lacks a lot of true emotion and it almost seems forced..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Figure I'd join in on this debate. IMO, Meteora lyrics are more powerful than HT lyrics. HT in general only has a few memorable lines with powerful meanings. Crawling, In the end and Pushing me away I feel are the most powerful. Meteora goes a bit deeper with most of their songs. Not to mention having Easier to run. While I believe it's an underrated song, features one of the greatest lines ever writting.

"Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back. And never moving forward so there'd never be a past"

Don't forget songs like Numb, Breaking the Habit. From the inside has incredibly powerful lyrics. I guess it just depends on what you can relate to more. I can relate more to lyrics on Meteora than on HT. I can also relate to more on ATS than all the other albums. Just about what gets to ya really.