LPLive X: Linkinpedia

RogueSoul

LPLive X has been running strong over this past week, and this may be our biggest exclusive of it all!

Introducing: Linkinpedia!

linkinpedialogo.png

Linkinpedia is our attempt at creating the Internet's most comprehensive guide of Linkin Park information. It's been in the works for a long time now - we've been writing articles on it since Fort Minor's "Welcome" was released in June 2015! The wiki contains over 500 pages of content and information ranging from the background information of songs to their live histories.

It may seem crazy, but this wiki has been built and written from a small team of eight people. Since this would be impossible without everyone's hard work, it's only right to recognize who worked tirelessly for hours this last week until launch on the wiki.

Writers:

• RogueSoul
  • SasstielExperience
  • lpliveusername
  • Hahninator
  • Lestat (Grey Daze section)

Developer:

• Dmitry

Reviewers:

• AndOne
  • SergSlim

Project Leader/Supervision:

• Skipees

It's been over a year since we've been working on the Wiki, so we have a lot of memories from our long journey. Here's some of our favorite moments from the course of the writing:

RogueSoul:

My favorite part about this whole thing was getting to know everyone along the way. It started off in a small PM group before we moved to Skype soon after, and getting to know all these guys over the course of the year has been great. Not only have I gotten the privilege of working on this awesome project, but I got to make some great friends along the way.

On the wiki itself, I handled a lot of the Live sections. The earliest ones I got out of the way, I remember, were the singles from Hybrid Theory and "Bleed It Out". If you check out those Wiki pages, you'll see those sections are huge. I decided to knock those out first and get them over it... probably one of the stupidest mistakes I've made in a long time. My next task is to go back through and add in all of the tour wiki pages to the Live sections, so it'll be fun revisiting all of my little hells...

SasstielExperience:

Favorite part? It honestly might have just been getting asked to do it. I never would have expected Skips to message me and ask to work on what is probably the biggest project I've ever worked on. Working with and collaborating with you guys was a ton of fun, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

That or writing the COG page :P

lpliveusername:

I worked a lot on the Xero/HTEP/HT pages and it was really interesting. I had to read/watch a lot of interviews and learned a lot about the band's early years.
Lestat was right, you can write a huge "Linkin Park Story" kind of page using only with the things that are already out there.
It's amazing how many things people have been questioning for years were already answered. lol

Hahninator:

In our interview with the founders this week, I mentioned how our staff team is so big that we are able to delegate a few people to individual projects to accomplish our long term goals. This is the #1 example of what I was talking about. The team assembled here worked tirelessly for well over a year behind the scenes to get this project off the ground and to where it is today. A wiki project is an overwhelming task to even think about (hence why we haven't done it before), but they nailed it. It is a community-driven project from this point forward and they will be overseeing it. I couldn't be prouder of how this turned out and all credit is due to these guys that spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours on Linkinpedia.

Skipees

I remember how the current layout started in a private conversation between lpliveusername and me, it felt like we have on LPLive almost all the information but with rigid division into categories, there wasn't a place to read JUST about One Step Closer even though all the information about OSC is already on the site.

The general idea of having a "Wiki" on the site dated even earlier, it was completely ditched after two other sites launched their's. It felt unnecessary at the time, and with the fifth version of LPLive we launched our own LPLive-centered Wiki which was based on information that isn't available anywhere on the web, tour summaries and differences between setlists are good examples.

In the meantime we've encountered dozens of events where people posted a "fact" or asked something that didn't even made any sense (8-track Hybrid Theory EP with a blue baby cover?). When we realized this information comes from a couple LP wiki's around the web and that information which was added to one Wiki find itself to another Wiki in a matter of days and vice versa, we realized that there's a problem.

While we're holding the accurate information and there wasn't a reliable place for the community to get the information from, there was only one thing to do - create our own thing.

Our motto while creating Linkinpedia was "accurate as possible", if something feels like it's only 99% correct we're looking for another source before we're adding it to the site. Just for the upcoming new album page we've added 104(!) references.

Our team is based on members of LPLive that shared the ability of information aggregation and data mining, as well with their own specific specialty. It is an enormous and a long-term project, but so far it was very productive and fun to be a part of.

Before you ask, we're not recruiting new members for the team except from one position that should be staffed very soon and some current or former staff members that will help from time to time. We're doing this to keep the Linkinpedia consistent as possible so you can have a place to gather any information about the band's music.

Remember that Linkinpedia is based a lot on LPL topics and lists that you helped to create and update, each bit of information you've ever posted on LPL and found its way to Linkinpedia - is YOUR part in this knowledge base formation.

The Wiki has a lot of pages in it, so you may not know where to start. Here are some good places with lots of information to get you started on your search:

Wiki links will be implemented into the show pages, so you will be able to click on song titles that appear in setlists and immediately be taken to their wiki page! We also have a current wiki on the site that will be implemented into Linkinpedia...this is in the works now.

We won't be opening editing of the wiki pages up to the public. A lot of the other wikis (Wikipedia itself included) and pages out there were spreading misinformation, thus giving people the wrong conceptions about many songs and subjects. We've provided source information and citations wherever possible to ensure the legitimacy of the info. To prevent any false information from spreading, Linkinpedia is only able to be edited by a select number of staff.

We're launching Linkinpedia as a "work in progress" - there are a lot of missing pages AND there is missing info in the current pages. With hundreds of articles written, you have to expect some mistakes.

Fans and members can submit corrections, mistakes, etc. on the actual wiki itself via a form located on the sidebar on the front page, and our staff will take over from there. There are also plenty of pages that don't have all of their information written in, but they'll be written up as time goes on. If you want to help us with lyrics (because trust me, we need it), and you find a page that doesn't have lyrics written in yet, post your lyric translations in this thread!

We've learned a lot about the band and their songs, as well as each other. Not only have we grown as Linkin Park fans, we've grown as friends and that has taught us a lot. Now, we have the honor of sharing it with the world, and all of you fans out there who want to learn everything there is to know! Now you can be the next Astat!

You haven't heard from me a lot on this big week, and that's because I haven't been here since the start of LPL. I've had the honor of being able to work on this massive project and collaboration, and it'/ important to note that we couldn't have done any of this without you. A lot of our information came from the forums, your questions, your threads, your discussions. This wiki, and this website itself wouldn't have been possible without all of you. From all of us at Linkin Park Live, thank you for making these last ten years such an amazing journey.

We hope you enjoy Linkinpedia!

We've accumulated so much Linkin Park information over the years + needed more than just our own small wiki on the site + have to constantly deal with false info on Wikipedia and more, so we decided to launch our own. We have a committed staff to it, so it will have work done on it constantly.

Thanks to everyone who worked hard on this for over a year!

this is great! quick thought, on the unreleased songs page, is this there under any name? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIC_alc8mUo

No. We didn't have anything to write about it.

There are a lot of random instrumental demos in making of/lptv/lputv's. There's just no way to create sections for them all.

We do have a list of working titles there, so it could be one of the songs in the list:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=List_Of_Unreleased_Songs#Meteora

I guess there's just no way to know.

Edited by lpliveusername

No. We didn't have anything to write about it.

There are a lot of random instrumental demos in making of/lptv/lputv's. There's just no way to create sections for them all.

We do have a list of working titles there, so it could be one of the songs in the list:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=List_Of_Unreleased_Songs#Meteora

I guess there's just no way to know.

yeah i guess theres nothing to say really. always thought it was one of THOSE ones though, yaknow haha. was hoping to learn something about it haha. my LP holy grail

Wow. It's incredible to see how far this site has come along. The hard work really shows. I honestly believe that LPL is the best website on the internet for Linkin Park related anything. Thanks for making it that way, LPL. B )

Wow. It's incredible to see how far this site has come along. The hard work really shows. I honestly believe that LPL is the best website on the internet for Linkin Park related anything. Thanks for making it that way, LPL. B )

Geki should be invited he, Astat and Mark are the best writers of the whole LP community.

Man, that encyclopedia simply just crushes every other LP wiki ever made, the other wikis existing while this one is up is just a shame (except for the LPL wiki). Really fucking awesome work guys!

Kinda strange that Astat isn't on the writers list, but he is probably responsible for a lot of information you used from the forum.

Man, that encyclopedia simply just crushes every other LP wiki ever made, the other wikis existing while this one is up is just a shame (except for the LPL wiki). Really fucking awesome work guys!

Kinda strange that Astat isn't on the writers list, but he is probably responsible for a lot of information you used from the forum.

A lot of my info is/will be on there, and I'm helping with the Linkinpedia Facebook page. I just haven't (as of yet) written any of the actual wiki articles.