Anality

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

on the "Making of Meteora" feature, Rob can be seen tracking Drums for the Demo "Pale", which was finally released 6 years later on the LPUX CD

roughly around the 10min mark

Are you sure? Doesn't sound like Pale to me at all. Pale is also labeled as 2006.

Are you sure? Doesn't sound like Pale to me at all. Pale is also labeled as 2006.

agh! sorry, i completely forgot that that wasn't Pale. this is song I meant -

another one:

during the working stages of "Fear" ("Leave Out All The Rest"), one of the lines that follows the "after my dreaming, I woke with this fear" melody, was sung by Mike as "the sun was still sinking, and after it'd gone...", which is an an alternate take to the version of "Fear" released on LPU9

source: 'MTM making of' at ~6m30s

agh! sorry, i completely forgot that that wasn't Pale. this is song I meant -

another one:

during the working stages of "Fear" ("Leave Out All The Rest"), one of the lines that follows the "after my dreaming, I woke with this fear" melody, was sung by Mike as "the sun was still sinking, and after it'd gone...", which is an an alternate take to the version of "Fear" released on LPU9

source: 'MTM making of' at ~6m30s

Sounds like Mike says something else before that too. Something like "the comfort was fading"..?

Doesn't sound like Pale to me either. I'd say it's a completely different song.

yeah I know, I mean I made a mistake thinking it was Pale, the one being played in "making of" is a different song

I forgot what Pale sounded like and made a false assumption

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about this one but I remember that the piano, vocals and guitar of The Messenger were recorded simultaneously. Although it wasn't a one take because of the gang vocals being recored later on, but perhaps it's one of the rare moments that multiple instruments are done at once.

Not sure about this one but I remember that the piano, vocals and guitar of The Messenger were recorded simultaneously. Although it wasn't a one take because of the gang vocals being recored later on, but perhaps it's one of the rare moments that multiple instruments are done at once.

I think they did that with MTM..

I think they did that with MTM..

they attempted to jam and make a song in one day and it failed. from the documentary, most of the MTM songs were created in their usual "separate parts" way. I'm not saying you're wrong because I wasn't there in the studio with them :lol: but it certainly appears as though they didn't break with tradition much during MTM

they attempted to jam and make a song in one day and it failed. from the documentary, most of the MTM songs were created in their usual "separate parts" way. I'm not saying you're wrong because I wasn't there in the studio with them :lol: but it certainly appears as though they didn't break with tradition much during MTM

They at least attempted to track No More Sorrow and No Roads Left live. No idea if those were the recordings that wound up on the final mixes (and both tracks obviously would have had some overdub work done anyway), although considering Phoenix fucks up the bass part at one point in the last chorus of NMS and they left it in, I'd say they might have used some of the live-in-studio work for that spng. :lol:

They at least attempted to track No More Sorrow and No Roads Left live. No idea if those were the recordings that wound up on the final mixes (and both tracks obviously would have had some overdub work done anyway), although considering Phoenix fucks up the bass part at one point in the last chorus of NMS and they left it in, I'd say they might have used some of the live-in-studio work for that spng. :lol:

I did wonder about that part where we see Mike in the vocal booth with Brad all plugged in, but like you say, no real way of knowing.

so The Messenger is the first instance of a song that was definitely recorded 'live'

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one that I just remembered the other day: Several news articles leading up to the release of Fort Minor's We Major mixtape mentioned that there would actually be TWO mixtapes: "We Major" and "We Minor." Whether this was just a case of incorrect information or if Fort Minor initially planned to do a second mixtape and scrapped the idea is unknown.

I'm not totally sure, but I don't think these are completely true. My December was written in about two hours by Mike for a Christmas charity event, according to Chester's speech at the Fairfax '02 show. I suppose it could also be about the fight thing, but it seems unlikely. Also, Meteora was written and had demos made in those places, but I don't think those recordings actually found their way onto the album.

That can't be true because Chester was married at the time My December was even wrote. So I guess maybe he was in a fight with Sam and that inspired the lyrics? I know Chester and Sam had a really bad marriage and even worse divorce. Kind of a cool fact...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new one to add:

"During a 2003 LPU chat, Brad mentioned that the clip of the lyrics "just drag it out, remember" in the Making of Meteora DVD were a part of the song A6 (titled A.06 on the LPU 2 CD and A-Six on the LPU 9 CD)."

Still composing this list and it will be completely updated/posted when we launch our next website version, which is in the works. All of our show page corrections 2000-2011 (aka everything that isn't 2012 or 2013) will be posted in that version too, versus what is live now.

A new one to add:

"During a 2003 LPU chat, Brad mentioned that the clip of the lyrics "just drag it out, remember" in the Making of Meteora DVD were a part of the song A6 (titled A.06 on the LPU 2 CD and A-Six on the LPU 9 CD)."

Still composing this list and it will be completely updated/posted when we launch our next website version, which is in the works. All of our show page corrections 2000-2011 (aka everything that isn't 2012 or 2013) will be posted in that version too, versus what is live now.

if you think about the full A SIX instrumental the vocal style sounds like it doesnt belong to it but who knows lol maybe Brad confused the names