2017.06.25 - Neuhausen ob Eck, DE - Southside Festival

Another show, another date in Germany. Linkin Park are still in Germany after yesterday's show in Scheeßel for the Hurricane Festival, performing today, June 25, in Neuhausen ob Eck for the sister festival, the Southside Festival. And better yet - we're getting a livestream.

Similarly to the previous show, this one is special. It's like, the one of about five cities left in Germany that Linkin Park haven't been to yet. And no history paragraph, because this is the band's 59th show in Germany and we want to keep this succinct and factual - not a textbook. Despite it being their first show in Neuhausen ob Eck, this will the band's sixth show in the state of Baden-Württemberg, the others being Mannheim 2008 (which had an epic setlist - look at that encore! 'Cure For The Itch,' 'A Place For My Head,' 'Faint,' and 'One Step Closer.' Huge finale), Stuttgart 2009 (featuring a first encore performed by Dead By Sunrise), Stuttgart 2010, Stuttgart 2014, and Hockenheim 2015.

As mentioned before, there will be a livestream! The Southside Festival will be livestreamed by the festival's media partner DASDING, whom you may recognize from past years' Rock am Ring livestreams. All the info can be found below, but it is subject to change so make sure you keep checking back for any updates. As far as we know, the livestream should cover the mainstage so be sure to check out the other acts (check out a few paragraphs ahead to see who's playing) if you want to watch their performances. Linkin Park goes onstage at 11:00PM CEST - check the spoiler tags for a countdown and a timezone converter if you need one.

STREAM INFO:

Link: http://www.southside.de/(Unconfirmed)

Time: 11:00PM CEST

Countdown

Timezone Conversion

Speaking of Rock am Ring, check out the full proshot of the last time Linkin Park performed at the festival, in 2014. Not a DASDING livestream, but hey, still pretty fantastic!

Linkin Park's last show was the day before this one at the Southside Festival's sister festival, the Hurricane Festival. The band is still going strong with the setlist rotations, bringing another unique combination of songs to the mix. 'Nobody Can Save Me' returned to the setlist for the first time in six shows, the last being at the Impact Festival in Poland. 'Points Of Authority' took the spot in the heavy rotation slot, being performed for the first time in seven shows, its last performance being at NovaRock in Austria. Mike rapped verse one of 'A Place For My Head' over the ending of 'Castle Of Glass.' The band performed their full festival set - that is, the headlining setlist minus 'Sharp Edges' and no encore break. That's the first time they did this format of the set since Monza!

What can we expect to see in the Southside Festival? As far as rotations, we can't say for certain - the band seems to have started changing it up every day as opposed to every two days, so assuming they play the same format setlist, 'Battle Symphony' (in the 'Nobody Can Save Me' slot) and 'A Place For My Head' in the heavy rotation slot seems like a safe bet. Who knows, though - maybe they'll switch it up on us last minute! It's always good to see 'A Place For My Head' in a setlist, but we've already gotten a proshot of it this tour (in Monza), so another song would be just as welcome. And we haven't gotten a proshot of 'Nobody Can Save Me' yet, so that's would be great too! What do you think?

The other livestream we got this tour was at the I-Days Milano festival in Monza, Italy. Great setlist, giving us the first proshots of the 'Remember The Name' intro of 'Waiting For The End' and 'A Place For My Head' in 2017.

The acts performing before Linkin Park are the same as the Hurricane Festival, which can only be a good thing. Right before Linkin Park is Blink-182, whose setlist featured new songs from California as well plenty of old hits like 'Dammit' and 'All The Small Things.' Before them came A Day To Remember, who are currently playing songs from their latest record Bad Vibrations and past hits. Royal Blood went before them, their set featuring new songs from their latest record How Did We Get So Dark? (a fantastic record - check out my review of it here if you're curious about it) as well past singles like 'Out Of The Black' and 'Ten Tonne Skeleton.' Opening up the mainstage (in order from earliest to latest): Alex Mofa Gang, The King Blues, Baroness, and Jimmy Eat World.

Is anyone going to the show? Who'll be watching the livestream with us? Or who's ditching Linkin Park to watch Ed Sheeran at Glastonbury? Don't blame you if you do. For updates on the show, follow us on Twitter and Facebook! After this show, the band heads to Hungary for the first time to perform at Sopron's Telekom VOLT Festival on June 27, then heading to Sweden for their first festival performance there at the Bråvalla Festival on June 29.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

I think that is the same stream but they have different sites because of possible server problems ^^

Yeah, exactly.

Btw I watched the last 20 minutes of Wolfmother and even though I didn't even know the band, I liked their performance a lot.

Anyways, the video and audio quality sound pretty good so let's hope we watch a great show tonight.

Wolfmother is a good band that has gone through a lineup changes but with the same frontman/songwriter. Check out their debut album from 2006 (I believe, could be 2005), it's great.

I'll miss LP because Ed Sheeran is headlining Glastonbury tonight. By the way, the Foo show last night might be their best show ever....truly incredible.

This concert is amazing. I hope that it will become a very famous show of LP. They sound so good, a lot better than Monza show. Chester was maybe sick in Monza, but here he is amazing.

Edited by ErikCR7

Very good idea switching Faint and Bleed It Out around. Faint is a much stronger finish, and a much bigger song in general. Both songs are uptempo, so they can clearly bring some catharsis at the end of a show, but Faint is clearly the stronger one. Heavier, pulling on more of Chester's strengths and a major hit.

A very good webcast btw, a good mix, a good night for Chester and very nice camera work. We even got to see a lot of Hahn and Bourdon. When you get all these angels you really see how much different stuff the guys are doing up there, makes it a way cooler experience.

I think they only did this because there was no encore break and they will not end the main set with ITE because that is no ending song with no outro or other specials. On Tuesday there will be the same setlist like before again.

Just watched the recording from DIME. Great angles and mix on this one, best one of the year for sure so far. The people really knew what they were doing with this webcast. Monza is pretty much unwatchable because whoever was in charge of the camera angles had no idea anything about the music. They film the crowd for 80% of Talking To Myself, Papercut goes Rob Mike Rob Mike Rob Mike Mike Mike Rob Mike, etc. Disastrous camera work. Glad to see this festival had some of the best camera angles I've seen on an LP webcast, even up close shots on Joe. Joe is audible as hell especially on Catalyst, Breaking The Habit, and From The Inside which is great.

A few observations...

-lol Mike has a monitor on his keyboard showing the webcast. Noticed Chester's wife standing on the side of the stage too.

-Chester's voice in this show sounds a lot better than Monza, and this is the second show in a row for him. Can the very hot weather affect his vocals? Monza was pretty hot and Germany seems pretty chilly/cool judging by what he was wearing tonight.
-So with his voice in this shape, New Divide and Waiting For The End are the two where he's straining. I think they should axe both songs. LOATR slightly but not enough to affect it too much.

-I still would like to see the show start with Fallout > Catalyst rather than Fallout > Talking To Myself.

-The run of Good Goodbye, Lost In The Echo, Battle Symphony, New Divide, Invisible is getting old/boring to me now but I guess that's because we follow each show. Joe messed up the Battle Symphony intro AGAIN too. Nobody Can Save Me is a much better live song for that spot. Maybe move up From The Inside to go after Good Goodbye or something. Or move up One More Light. The problem seems to be New Divide destroys Chester's voice and Battle Symphony and Invisible are pretty boring songs. 3 new songs in 5 spots.

-The intro to One More Light seems like it has been fleshed out since it debuted. Sounds pretty good.

-All of the new songs have an insane amount of doubled vocals, sampled backing vocals, etc. But One More Light has it too? What am I hearing with the doubled Chester vocals? Sounds like a higher pitched pre recorded vocal track in the mix for about 70% of the song. Check it out.

-Where does the last line in Mike's verse on Remember The Name come from? The verse is, "And those motherfuckers he runs with, those kids that he signed?" and Mike since 2014 has rapped "And those motherfuckers he runs with, still in their prime."

-The run of the set with Breaking The Habit, One More Light, Crawling, Leave Out All The Rest, From The Inside, What I've Done, In The End (and usually Faint) is really enjoyable. Great run of stuff. But it follows a semi-uninteresting part of the show.

-From The Inside is one of the best songs in their entire catalogue, it should be in every setlist. Chester blows the fuck up on it. What other older songs would be go crazy on if they played them....?
-Mike on this new What I've Done intro started by playing the piano part at the beginning of the cycle, then he moved to improv on it this tour...now it's a mix of both. Interesting.

-Faint is a one hundred times better closer than Bleed It Out, haha.

The German crowds are seriously some of the best in the world. Argentina, Poland, and Germany so far this tour have been incredible. Italy and Spain really great too. I know they overplay Germany but that country really treats LP well.