Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

Hey guys,

this is something we have been noticing over the last few weeks:

A lot of you had a quick question about a special show or the equipment the band uses and opened a new thread in hope of a quick response. Unfortunately, the "Live Discussion" and "General LP Discussion" - sections became a mess full of dead threads with only three replies.

This is why we decided to create this thread. If you have a quick question that doesn't deserve its own thread, feel free to post it here so that other users can answer it as soon as possible. That way, the sections stay clear of clutter and the real important topics are still on top.

Thank you very much for your appreciation :)

-Nico

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a stupid question, but I've always wondered what Chester sprays into his mouth right before he hits the stage on the Live in Texas DVD.

No way of knowing what the specific brand is, but it's probably some kind of chloraseptic throat spray. A lot of singers specifically use peppermint-flavored throat spray, because peppermint naturally relaxes your throat muscles and opens up your sinus cavities a bit, making it easier to sing.

No way of knowing what the specific brand is, but it's probably some kind of chloraseptic throat spray. A lot of singers specifically use peppermint-flavored throat spray, because peppermint naturally relaxes your throat muscles and opens up your sinus cavities a bit, making it easier to sing.

Dude, you an encyclopaedia or what?

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing about Live In Texas .. what about 'the evil freak with the pink bunny ears' ? o.O

That's Lars Ulrich from Metallica, paying LP back for a prank they pulled during Metallica's set earlier in the tour.

That's Lars Ulrich from Metallica, paying LP back for a prank they pulled during Metallica's set earlier in the tour.

Mike said in an interview on Radio 1 it was because they started skateboarding across Metallica's stage and setting up a picnic (with a blanket and everything...) while the band were getting all serious in their really heavy songs like Master Of Puppets... ;)

I forgot if there's any source of the show where Chester jumps onto the portable toilet.

you're thinking of Miami, April 2001 @ Bayfront Park Amphitheatre, and yes, there's a video source - rather bad quality and not the whole show, but yeah a source exists :)

Sounds like a stupid question but every fucking time I listen to Points Of Authority from London 2008, there seems to be a child or someone else screaming "Penis! Penis! Penis!" for an entire minute, while Mike's talking after the song. So my question is .. what the hell ? ^^

Am I the only one hearing this and why didn't they cut it off the recording. They hardly edit everything, put various shows for one song together and they let yell a fucked up nagger explicit words ? :D

Edited by Jats

Didn't really know where to put this, but it's bugging me and I thought I should ask here. The song ''Dark Lover'' is supposedly a Cheez original, but does anyone know if a studio version of it has ever been released? I wanted to make a mix out of the BOW setlist but using the studio tracks by original artists. I know all the others, this is the only song that I can't find out any information on.

Sounds like a stupid question but every fucking time I listen to Points Of Authority from London 2008, there seems to be a child or someone else screaming "Penis! Penis! Penis!" for an entire minute, while Mike's talking after the song. So my question is .. what the hell ? ^^

Am I the only one hearing this and why didn't they cut it off the recording. They hardly edit everything, put various shows for one song together and they let yell a fucked up nagger explicit words ? :D

"Phoenix! Phoenix! Phoenix!" :lol:

Didn't really know where to put this, but it's bugging me and I thought I should ask here. The song ''Dark Lover'' is supposedly a Cheez original, but does anyone know if a studio version of it has ever been released? I wanted to make a mix out of the BOW setlist but using the studio tracks by original artists. I know all the others, this is the only song that I can't find out any information on.

As far as I know, no, that song was never recorded. Same goes for Beer and a Cigarette (I'm guessing you found the song by Hanoi Rocks with the same title, not the same track though).

Edited by Astat

As far as I know, no, that song was never recorded. Same goes for Beer and a Cigarette (I'm guessing you found the song by Hanoi Rocks with the same title, not the same track though).

I did think the Hanoi Rocks song was it, thank you. Lol. I was wondering why the BOW version sounded different than the Hanoi Rocks version. Sucks that they were never released.

was halo submitted to the halo 2 soundtrack

I don't know, but if it was submitted for any Halo, I'd guess for the first one because it was released in 2002 and that's the same date of the Halo Demo. But let's wait for Astat :D

I also got a question. I just saw some pictures from Bucket Of Weenies 2006 and I'm wondering what's the ugly shit on Chesters shirt. Is this .. blood or juice or .. what ? ^^ I don't wanna take this too far but he sits under a table and he broke some things on one BOW show .. is he on drugs or something ? I know, he had a relapse that time but .. was it so bad ?