LP in Kerrang! - Album Preview

eandy

MikeShinodaClan.com has scans of the new issue of Kerrang! with Linkin Park featured in it. If you aren't signed up there I recommend you sign up because they have an incredible gallery of pictures accessible with only a few clicks.

In the article, Mike says the band is "hitting the studio pretty hard right now". He adds "This time we're not being so afraid of sounding like us and it's a good mix of old and new." "A Thousand Suns was intentionally polarising" he says.

With more and more press posting about new LP, it's sounding quite likely the next studio album will indeed be released in 2012!

SPOILERS:

"one of the biggest bands of the past decade, Linkin Park is wasting no time getting to work on their yet-to-be-named 5th studio album. The band members are not saying much about the new music, except that it will once again be a change in direction from their last album, A Thousand Suns.

Mike: (quotes about how hard they are working and how they definitely plan on the album releasing some time this year).

Look for Linkin Park on tour this summer at Rock Am Ring and other soon to be announced dates."

I bet that'll be the gist of what the preview says. But hopefully I'm wrong.

probably no US tour once again.

for the ATS touring cycle I count 29 US tour dates, giving the US a much more substantinal tour than any other actual country in the world.

don't be stupid and ungrateful.

Edited by LGraham

for the ATS touring cycle I count 29 US tour dates, giving the US a much more substantinal tour than any other actual country in the world.

don't be stupid and ungrateful.

The US got ONE tour for the whole album cycle. Europe got heaps of tours for the album. Asia, Australia and South America all got one tour as well. Europe had the most. So who is ungrateful here?

The US got ONE tour for the whole album cycle. Europe got heaps of tours for the album. Asia, Australia and South America all got one tour as well. Europe had the most. So who is ungrateful here?

The U.S. got more shows than any other country on the ATS touring cycle, as has been the case with every touring cycle prior to it. The U.S. is a country. Europe is a continent. Apples to oranges, yadda yadda yadda.

Some places didn't even get one tour. Why didn't New Zealand, South Africa, Romania, Portugal, Poland, Ukraine, Phillipines, Mexico, North Korea and Iran get a tour?

Edited by DOGGIES!!!

The U.S. got more shows than any other country on the ATS touring cycle, as has been the case with every touring cycle prior to it. The U.S. is a country. Europe is a continent. Apples to oranges, yadda yadda yadda.

like I said -

...any other actual country in the world.

travelling within the US is easier than europe - no language barriers, currency is all the same (the UK is europe too don't forget...) etc.

Why didn't ... North Korea and Iran get a tour?

U mad bro!? :lol:

Edited by LGraham

That's very irrelevant comparing what he's trying to compare. Usually LP does more than 1 USA tour for a CD, in fact they always have until ATS came along. Europe got two big ones is what he's saying when the US got one.

Dude, in 11 years of the band, Linkin Park Played just 4 times on south american. and you guys have around 20-30 shows per album cycle, so what i should say about you saying it ?

SPOILERS:

"one of the biggest bands of the past decade, Linkin Park is wasting no time getting to work on their yet-to-be-named 5th studio album. The band members are not saying much about the new music, except that it will once again be a change in direction from their last album, A Thousand Suns.

Mike: (quotes about how hard they are working and how they definitely plan on the album releasing some time this year).

Look for Linkin Park on tour this summer at Rock Am Ring and other soon to be announced dates."

I bet that'll be the gist of what the preview says. But hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree. But i also hope you're wrong

Hopefully we get some actual info from this interview than just the generic info that we usually get, like maybe specifics of what direction they are going. hopefully its better than ATS and hopefully the states get more than one tour. I understand that they just want to tour for a shorter time and then get back to the studio which is great, but I will be pissed if we get screwed out of a PR tour again. Im glad that they came to the states, but it would be nice to get more than one pass through

If LP came to your state, and your complaining, you have no right to complain. During the ATS cycle, LP didn't even come to my state, and i really wanted to see them. In fact, LP never comes to my state during the Winter, never have before if I remember correctly, so count yourself lucky if they even came to you state, stop complaining and be grateful for what you got