LPU XIV Is Here!

Skipees

The CD works for me, but I usually don't have any preconceived notions of anything going into it. I like instrumentals, and it allows my mind to wander as to what the rationale is/would've been for the compositions in the state we got them. As long as they don't go back to what they did for LPU 8, I'm good.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit disappointed about this album, it's not bad, but it's worst LPU album since LPU5, in my opinion. There was only 3 songs that I liked pretty much, Aubrey One, BTH demo and Rhinocerous, which is my favorite off the album. The rest was just some heavy songs that wasn't very attractive for me. What disappointed me the most was that there wasn't any song with Chester's vocal. I got pretty surprised that 2008 and 2009 demos was pretty guitar driven tracks. DaveSBeat feat. Joe made me wonder what is it and who's singing, I guess that may be some LPU8 style thing, that was simply just an improvised jam.

Well.. "Dave's Beat featuring Joe" makes me think it's a little beat Phoenix made, and Joe Hahn messed around with autotune on it.

Also no way this is worse than LPU 7. You know the CD made up of live tracks that were already out on DSP's? I'm not gonna say "you're wrong", because that's your opinion. I just don't follow your logic.

Edited by Justin

Which is what I meant. Damian's basically saying LPU 14 is as bad as LPU 5. Justin misunderstood him saying LPU 7.

This should not haven't taken this many posts to clarify, but ok let's talk semantics here.

Damian said "since LPU 5". That means that since LPU 5, every album has been better than this year's. If he felt LPU 7 was worse than LPU 5, he would have said "since LPU 7". I was only saying there was no way this year's album is worse than LPU 7, because indeed... LPU 7 was among those implied to be better than LPU 14.

Yes, I specifically singled out what I personally believe to be one of the worst LPU albums ever.

If you think that 14 is worse than 5 or 7 you should definitely go and see a doctor, this has nothing to do with taste or opinion.

- 7 had absolutely nothing new, censored versions of live songs we already had, best performances? debatable

- 5 had an incomplete show, that we already had, with the worst mix and mastering of all time, it's a true piece of crap that should be shot into the sun. The sound engineer must have had a stroke and 3 year old finished it.

- 14 is all unreleased stuff, I'm not a huge fan either but at least Breaking The Habit is great, I'd say that makes it the worst one since 8. Even 8 is better than 5 and 7.

8 is hated because it dropped after 7, I'm sure it wouldn't have been as bad if 8 was dropped instead of 7, because 8 basically ruined LPU the 2nd year in a row.

...I just got owned.

If you think that 14 is worse than 5 or 7 you should definitely go and see a doctor, this has nothing to do with taste or opinion.

- 7 had absolutely nothing new, censored versions of live songs we already had, best performances? debatable

- 5 had an incomplete show, that we already had, with the worst mix and mastering of all time, it's a true piece of crap that should be shot into the sun. The sound engineer must have had a stroke and 3 year old finished it.

- 14 is all unreleased stuff, I'm not a huge fan either but at least Breaking The Habit is great, I'd say that makes it the worst one since 8. Even 8 is better than 5 and 7.

8 is hated because it dropped after 7, I'm sure it wouldn't have been as bad if 8 was dropped instead of 7, because 8 basically ruined LPU the 2nd year in a row.

I don't think anyone said 14 was worse than 5/7. At least we have CDs of those performances, instead of having to 'Youtube-mp3' all the time (LPU, I'm looking at you).

Edited by IrresistibleCookie

Thanks for your feedback.

We listened to the fans, and took the poll results to create this year's package.

-Lorenzo

That's good but was the poll limited to the LPU only?

If that's the case then you'll get people who join/renew voting for the same no matter what.

You need to open it up to everyone because a lot have left LPU because we don't feel the package is worth and/or doesn't contain items we like (I'm one of these people)

Just to make it clear.

I forgot about LPU7, I meant LPU14 is worse than LPU 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 6, and is better than LPU 7, 5, 3, 2, and is tie with LPU 8 and 4.

I don't count HT EP as LPU. I like LPU 7 more than LPU 5. LPU5 and LPU3 are the worst CDs LP ever made, in my opinion.

Sorry for the mess.

LPU3 does seem like they just didn't include those songs on LIT just so they had SOMETHING to release for LPU3, which is stupid.

I disagree. The band had tons of stuff in the vault in 2003. I know they only released certain things in 2002 for LPU 2.0 but they certainly had: another Reanimation remix, another live recording of a rarer song like And One, maybe a b-side, etc. Now, they weren't as keen to release b-sides/demos in that era as they are now, though. Maybe a TV live performance of a Meteora song and a demo of something like Faint, that would have been cool.