New preview(s) of The Catalyst!

linkinparkfan17

Does anybody remember Chester saying that on this album, they made the songs to how THEY wanted and not THEIR FANS.

So then it should be perfectly fine if people don't like their approach. They were supported for their original sound, not this new trip-hop electronica bunny dance. I like The Catalyst so far but just saying..lol.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess im in the minority who thinks this song sounds terrible so far. Sounds like electric gospel music.

I might be with you. I'm keeping myself open minded because really a small sample says nothing. It sounds like it could have great potential.

I might be with you. I'm keeping myself open minded because really a small sample says nothing. It sounds like it could have great potential.

Yeah Im trying to be open minded as well, im hoping we get some guitars and Mike's 10 second clip he gave fans a few days ago sounded great. The stems and this preview sound terrible though. I just feel like i've heard this type of song done better by other people, i just want Linkin Park TO BE Linkin Park, but it seems like these days I don't know what that is. Thats what bothers me about the band these days, we just don't know what we're going to get and thats not necessarily a good thing. i feel like based on their past work they get so much confidence by fans, but all this experimenting and trying out new things has translated into better music, just good music. As a fan who has to wait 4 years for an album, it's just discouraging and turning me away from the band. Hybrid Theory and Meteora holds a special place with me, so i'll never jump off the bandwagon, but if this album sucks I can see my devotion to the band slowly going away. Hopefully im wrong and the song/album impresses. So far it hasn't.

Edited by thesungoesdown

I'm actually a little upset because I felt that the seeds from the contest and the small clip we had from before were musically brilliant and melodically beautiful, but this new clip doesn't really do it for me. Granted, this song is very long and most likely has transitions that bridge the multiple stages, but I feel like this new clip strays from the elegance of the previous clips, creates an incoherency of sorts. I do hope, however, that this is just a result of being out of context, and that the song in its entirety does complete justice.

doesn't sounded like Linkin Park, well...

it was good. but there is something missing in the verse. (if i am right which part is the verse here.)

but its like New Divide video, we were like , naa.. its okay too much fxs. but now its my fav LP video.

Edited by linkindude

honestly with previews / stems we've heard, i almost feel like they've all sounded like different songs. every time i hear a new kind of preview i'm blown away at how different it is from the last. combining all of this madness into one song is going to be so incredible. no wonder mike said it's going to be hard to classify the album as one genre.

so much love for mr. hahn. :D

dude, I think every post you've had in the past few weeks about the new album, cover, previews, new sound, etc has been exactly what I've thought. For future threads on the Newswire, dromani22's comments and opinions count twice.

Now for the preview - definitely not their old stuff, not even MTM, so happy about that, but a small part of me still wishes/hopes a Faint-esque song will appear on ATS :D I'm also glad Mr Hahn's back big time. Definitely missed his scratching from Meteora.

Does anyone think this heavier electronic influence to the sound may be because of Julien-K? I've always thought of them "like Linkin Park but more electronic sounding." Either way, as long as this album doesn't turn into a collection of songs with 5 lines of lyrics repeating 57 times to the same beat (which I know won't happen) I'm all for it.

Because you totally have the authority to classify Linkin Park as a "rock band," and what you think has more bearing than what they want to be. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until this album leaks, I hope to god a bunch of people like you slip up and ask for download links. This place could really use some weeding out.

<33333333333333333333333333

my opinion of the clip. Mike & Chester sound fucking awesome. Mr Hahn is back. Honestly as deadandbloated stated. I want to see how this clip goes into the bit of Let me up let me go outro. Very interesting.

The youtube comments are so stupid. How can anyone say the song is terrible after hearing 34 seconds of a song that is 5:47 long? WTF? That's nearly impossible.

Whatever though, too each their own. Sorry that LP are real artists and try new things.

Edited by GrudgedPunkr

The youtube comments are so stupid. How can anyone say the song is terrible after hearing 34 seconds of a song that is 5:47 long? WTF? That's nearly impossible.

Whatever though, too each their own. Sorry that LP are real artists and try new things.

I AGREE with you so much i dont know why i even bother to reply to them.

*sarcasm alert* I have by far heared the most intelligent reviews of a whole song based on a 34 sec sample (btw, I'm not talking about anybody from LP Live...yet), like "Linkin Park has sold out. Just listen to the song. I mean it's not something that I've ever heared before, and not alot of bands have pulled something like this off successfully but...but....THEY'VE JUST SOLD OUT! There's no doubting it. They're obviously in it for the money".

All sarcasm aside, I think people need to stop only listenting from their anger and start listening with their minds and hearts and realize that music that's not in your tastes doesn't mean they're selling out. In fact, they're doing the opposite. It's okay to not like their music, but saying they're greedy and their in it for the money is insulting...just a message to those who are thinking that.

I love it. I don't want Hybrid Theory again. I don't want Meteora again. When MTM came out that's what I wanted. But once MTM grew on me and I saw the ideas these guys have when they think outside their "label", I wanted things to progress further. This is doing it in my opinion. Like the guys always used to say, they chose the name Linkin Park because it means nothing. It lets the music define the name. And I believe that is still true to this day.

THIS

First off, for those people who actually said that LP was going to take a more electronica approach on the new album, I give you props. When some of you said that months ago, I was skeptical. This song proves you were right, at least to some extent. The overall sound of the album is yet to be determined. Who knows what it will be. However, I think there is little doubt that this song will shed some light on what some of the other songs will sound like. I think there will be other songs like this with a techno/electronica sound.

I'm not even going to bother judging this song until the full thing comes out. Every snippet we've heard has been pretty different so who the hell knows how it's all going to sound flowing together. Based on every snippet though, I'm feeling 50/50 about it. It could turn out to be a fucking amazing song or it could turn out mediocre. I'm happy as hell to hear Joe's scratching again. Mike's vocals still sound a tiny bit overproduced but everything sounds much better than the original stems.

Regardless of what anyone says though, I still believe that there will be rock songs on this album. I'm not sure how many or how hard or soft they will be, but I truly believe we will have some soft/hard rock songs that are closer to the sounds of the previous albums. It's still hard to know what the overall sound will be like.

I love it. I don't want Hybrid Theory again. I don't want Meteora again. When MTM came out that's what I wanted. But once MTM grew on me and I saw the ideas these guys have when they think outside their "label", I wanted things to progress further. This is doing it in my opinion. Like the guys always used to say, they chose the name Linkin Park because it means nothing. It lets the music define the name. And I believe that is still true to this day.

One of the better posts I've ever seen on this website. I've heard the whole song, and I think it's great. I'm not just saying that because I work for the band. At the video shoot I stood there with my jaw open. It was something totally unexpected, but it excited me as if LP has been my favorite band forever. That's my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to share it. Just wanted to add to the convo.

One of the better posts I've ever seen on this website. I've heard the whole song, and I think it's great. I'm not just saying that because I work for the band. At the video shoot I stood there with my jaw open. It was something totally unexpected, but it excited me as if LP has been my favorite band forever. That's my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to share it. Just wanted to add to the convo.

That's a good thing, I can't wait for my jaw to drop when i hear it for the first time :D

dude, I think every post you've had in the past few weeks about the new album, cover, previews, new sound, etc has been exactly what I've thought. For future threads on the Newswire, dromani22's comments and opinions count twice.

Now for the preview - definitely not their old stuff, not even MTM, so happy about that, but a small part of me still wishes/hopes a Faint-esque song will appear on ATS :D I'm also glad Mr Hahn's back big time. Definitely missed his scratching from Meteora.

Does anyone think this heavier electronic influence to the sound may be because of Julien-K? I've always thought of them "like Linkin Park but more electronic sounding." Either way, as long as this album doesn't turn into a collection of songs with 5 lines of lyrics repeating 57 times to the same beat (which I know won't happen) I'm all for it.

hhahaa nice! glad we're on the same page!

and i don't think it's necessarily "because of" Julien-K, but they may have had an influence on it. even if it was just a tiny bit. but than again they said that MTM was their point of trying to find that new sound being totally experimental, and that now they are open to anything and not really holding back.

Now I'm mega hyper. Thanks alot.