Grey Daze Reunion Later This Year

lpliveusername

Answering to a fan's commentary on Instagram, Chester revealed that a Grey Daze reunion will be happening later this year.

17991027_10155192283123267_7540129759926

For those who don't remember (or simply don't know), Grey Daze was Chester's band before he joined Linkin Park. Our staff member Lestat has a full Grey Daze Story detailing the history of the band and more for fans to read.

Chester left the band due to internal conflicts and the feeling they were going nowhere following a series of unsuccessful showcases in Southern California sometime in mid-1998. The band had a reunion show scheduled for September 07, 2002 as a benefit for Bobby Benish, the former Grey Daze member who was having difficulty paying his medical bills since being diagnosed with a brain tumor. Unfortunately, the show had to be cancelled due to Chester's commitment with Linkin Park and Bobby Benish eventually passed away.

Now, 15 years later, seems like we are finally seeing that Grey Daze reunion show. The details are still unknown at this point. We don't know if this will be a one time event, if they are only playing a couple of shows or if they are planning on recording new music, but this is certainly exciting news for fans of the group.

UPDATE: It appears that the band will reunite for one show (and possibly two) for the anniversary of Club Tattoo. The confirmed show seems to be at the Marquee Theater in Tempe, Arizona and will likely happen between August and October. A second show is being considered for Las Vegas. The lineup will feature Chester, Mace Beyers (bass), Sean Dowdell (drums), and Jason Barnes (guitar). More information should come during the summer. Sean and Mace have both confirmed that the event will be happening, as well.

Be sure to check out our extensive Grey Daze Story to learn more about the band.

And we have a huge list of Grey Daze shows for you to check out as well.

Sean on his Facebook:
"Well I guess @chesterbe made this announcement this morning and I'm already getting calls lol. Yes it's true, Grey Daze will be doing a reunion show this year. Date is yet to be announced. Myself, @greysquirrel65 Chester and Jason Barnes will round out the original line up. We have all agreed to play at least 1 show in AZ and Possibly Las Vegas as well. Stay tuned later in the summer for more announcements #greydaze #greydazereunion #chesterbennington #linkinpark #seandowdell #macebeyers #jasonbarnes #clubtattoo #clubtattooparty #clubtattooanniversary @marqueetheatre @dojodonnyjohnson1111"

AZ show is a Club Tattoo anniversary party in Marquee Theatre.

Sean on his Facebook:

"Well I guess @chesterbe made this announcement this morning and I'm already getting calls lol. Yes it's true, Grey Daze will be doing a reunion show this year. Date is yet to be announced. Myself, @greysquirrel65 Chester and Jason Barnes will round out the original line up. We have all agreed to play at least 1 show in AZ and Possibly Las Vegas as well. Stay tuned later in the summer for more announcements #greydaze #greydazereunion #chesterbennington #linkinpark #seandowdell #macebeyers #jasonbarnes #clubtattoo #clubtattooparty #clubtattooanniversary @marqueetheatre @dojodonnyjohnson1111"

AZ show is a Club Tattoo anniversary party in Marquee Theatre.

Here's the instagram link

Never knew they actually tried to make a show in 2002, I get why cause they were making Meteora but still, that was a dick move by them. I'm sure their mgmt changed over time right? There's no way they're gonna tell them no again.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Their mgmt seems pretty hostile towards Grey Daze http://lplive.net/shows/db/greydaze/20020907

back in 2002 but LP was the hottest band in the world of course Warner wanted to have Chester fully commited to Meteora they needed that album ASAP.

Right now they are slowly becoming a legacy act, if WB didn't have any problem w/ STP, KoC, CF I don't see why Grey Daze could be.

Edited by JZE

back in 2002 but LP was the hottest band in the world of course Warner wanted to have Chester fully commited to Meteora they needed that album ASAP.

Right now they are slowly becoming a legacy act, if WB didn't have any problem w/ STP, KoC, CF I don't see why Grey Daze could be.

Management has blocked Sean's efforts to re-release Grey Daze material as recently as 2007 though. It's always seemed like they want to sweep the fact that Chester was in a band before LP under the rug.

Their mgmt seems pretty hostile towards Grey Daze http://lplive.net/shows/db/greydaze/20020907

I think we're at a point now where the guys can pretty much do whatever they want now. This was a different time when LP were still a young band on the scene and still had much to prove to their label before they could do anything outside of the group.

I don't think Warner will bother blocking this show. 2002 was fifteen years ago and they were coming off a red-hot debut album, so they clamped down too hard. Not to mention that they had the contract issue a few years after that, and it seems that LP has been fine with them since then. The atmosphere is way different now - the only thing, I think, that would cancel the show is if it gets in the way of touring obligations somehow.

I think we're at a point now where the guys can pretty much do whatever they want now. This was a different time when LP were still a young band on the scene and still had much to prove to their label before they could do anything outside of the group.

I do agree. Chester obviously does a ton of events outside of LP. My post was sort of a joke in the sense that the Grey Daze stuff ends up getting canceled for some reason or another, ha. He will be fine unless LP books shows at the same time. But Chester should have the entire year's schedule for LP right now in advance.

• 1 month later...