Linkin Park to play Skive Festival 2012!

DecanoLP

According to the their official website, Linkin Park are confirmed to headline Skive Festival this year.

The festival takes places from May 30th to June 2nd in Skive, Denmark whereupon we don't have an exact date yet.

The last time LP performed in Denmark was in Herning in 2010 and they previously played at the Skive Festival in 2008 (showpage here). So, it looks like we got our 4th tour date for 2012 although this has still to be confirmed by the band.

01.06.2012 Adenau, Germany - Nürburgring - Rock am Ring

03.06.2012 Nürnberg, Germany - Volkspark Dutzendteich - Rock im Park

08.06.2012 Nickelsdorf, Austria - Pannonia Fields II - NovaRock

Thanks to Dan_LP for the hint!

*Update*

Linkin Park confirmed their appearance at the festival on May 30th. Thanks to everyone for the heads up. Updated tour list:

30.05.2012 Skive, Denmark - Strandtangen v/Skive Lystbådehavn - Skive Festival

01.06.2012 Adenau, Germany - Nürburgring - Rock am Ring

03.06.2012 Nürnberg, Germany - Volkspark Dutzendteich - Rock im Park

08.06.2012 Nickelsdorf, Austria - Pannonia Fields II - NovaRock

i really believe we will get album in May, i just have that gut feeling, and with these tour dates, i just believe it to be true. Album in May!

The summer is pretty possible, but May, I'm 98% positive won't happen. It's already the end of February and LP is not one to just randomly spring (no pun intended) a new album on us without some serious promo or advance word. However, the possibility of a single release in May-early June is at least over 40%.

Edited by Stone44

The summer is pretty possible, but May, I'm 98% positive won't happen. It's already the end of February and LP is not one to just randomly spring (no pun intended) a new album on us without some serious promo or advance word. However, the possibility of a single release in May-early June is at least over 40%.

they are doing a some festivals, they said they were working on making more music faster, and Chester was recording vocals the other day which is the last thing LP does on an album before mastering in stuff, so I really believe they will get album out in May before concerts start. But as long as it comes out before Summer ends I will be happy

It might be that a new album will be released after the festivals? Think a minute, maybe its a tour to have last time big ATS playlist played? But also it might be a new album before the tour. Thoughts?

I went through albums' release dates, so its possible for early date: HT - October 24, Met - March 25, MTM - May 15, ATS - September 14 :)

+1

there was a hell of a lot of promo for ATS that simply hasn't appeared for #5 yet

I highly doubt an album in May - first single? maybe - album? no

It might be that a new album will be released after the festivals? Think a minute, maybe its a tour to have last time big ATS playlist played? But also it might be a new album before the tour. Thoughts?

I went through albums' release dates, so its possible for early date: HT - October 24, Met - March 25, MTM - May 15, ATS - September 14 :)

I personally hope it's before the Festivals so we get more music, plus they would have no music to play at the festivals, but you are probably right with the last time to play ATS heavy setlist at festivals then new album in summer after the festivals

I personally hope it's before the Festivals so we get more music, plus they would have no music to play at the festivals, but you are probably right with the last time to play ATS heavy setlist at festivals then new album in summer after the festivals

it would be lush, but I think these festival setlists will be very much like they were for '09 - just the previous album and the usual singles. sure we had New Divide that year but that was something already released prior to the dates. there's only been one occasion where the band premiered a song live without it being on record (the infamous QWERTY :P), and I doubt that we'll get something like that in this tour cycle.

wasn't QWERTY never intended to be released anyway? didn't they record it after the reception from fans? if that's correct then the band has never actually premiered a song from a new record in their entire history. I guess we could still get our hopes up for Robot Boy though...

Mike had confirmed to have new album in mid-year, what means june. I think we will get first information in may or maybe at the end of april.

New songs on the festivals, I would say yes they will play new songs and I'm really excited about this.

Back to the album, maybe they don't want a great PR for the Album.

I guess we could still get our hopes up for Robot Boy though...

Mike said before they've played No Roads Left that it wouldn't sound cool - and it wasn't. Mike or some other member said earlier that Robot Boy likely to be sounded not very much - soo :) But I guess it will appear some day live as a favor for fans like NRL ;)