"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

How did you guys find the info about all the unreleased collabs?

Most of them have honestly been around for way longer than LPL has. I remember the info about the Rob track with Dan the Automator and the Chester track with the Visionaries being on sites like Forfeit the Game and Pushmeaway as far back as like 2003. The Head Like a Hole collab on Korn Kovers got a lot of press when it was first announced, the U2 remix Mike did was mentioned in a lot of the pre-release press for the Fort Minor project, Ryu told us about the alternate version of Wth>You (although he's said he also recorded verses for like 3 other Reanimation songs at various points, so I think he might not even remember which songs he actually worked on, lol), and the verse on the Whoo Kid mixtape was mentioned in one of Mike's posts on the old Fort Minor messageboards.

I'd say LP are not the ones who originally came up with some of the sounds for the intro. I heard the very beginning of the intro in the movie Pitch Black and that one is from 2000. They Pokemon movie is from 1999.

Yeah, I seem to recall the Humble Brothers being known for working some rather obscure samples into their songs, so I wouldn't doubt it. Also, I doubt the Pokemon movie is the source of that sound either, I swear I've heard it in a couple other commericals/TV shows and stuff like that. It's probably a royalty-free sample that's included in some audio program, kind of like the sample in Believe Me that's a stock sample from Garage Band.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I seem to recall the Humble Brothers being known for working some rather obscure samples into their songs, so I wouldn't doubt it. Also, I doubt the Pokemon movie is the source of that sound either, I swear I've heard it in a couple other commericals/TV shows and stuff like that. It's probably a royalty-free sample that's included in some audio program, kind of like the sample in Believe Me that's a stock sample from Garage Band.

I didn't know about the Garage Band sample, which sample is it?

Here's the original Garage Band sample:

Believe_Me_sample.mp3

I believe it's a stock loop under the name "Orchestral Strings 08" or something like that.

"Orchestra Strings 08" exactly. That's fucking cool. I never knew that.

Does anyone have any information or media samples of one step closer with Eminem? Thats new to me.

"Orchestra Strings 08" exactly. That's fucking cool. I never knew that.

Does anyone have any information or media samples of one step closer with Eminem? Thats new to me.

That was at the Detroit show on Projekt Revolution 2002, I'm not sure if Eminem was actually among them, but some of the members of D12 came out on One Step Closer.

97. Hybrid Theory has sold over 30 million copies worldwide. It is the decade's second best-selling album, behind The Beatles' 1. It's the 26th best selling album of all time.

98. Chester and his first wife Samantha were so poor at the time of their wedding that they did not have the money to buy wedding rings. Instead, they had rings tattooed on their fingers.

99. Brad wears giant headphones on his ears at all LP shows. He refuses to say why!

100. Dead By Sunrise, Chester's side project, went by another name at first. The name? Snow White Tan.

101. Linkin Park has won two Grammy's in its career - one for "Crawling" and one for "Numb/Encore".

102. The band's album Meteora was named after a series of monasteries in Greece.

103. Warner Bros Records (the band's record label) actually rejected the band THREE times before signing them!

104. The band has released several other songs from the Minutes To Midnight recording sessions. No Roads Left, Across The Line, Blackbirds and Not Alone were all worked on in 2006-2007.

Added more today.

wasn't it warner that said they wouldn't even sign LP if someone payed them?

Real douchebags

edit*

30. Several other Reanimation songs have never seen the light of day. One song, a Team Sleep remix of "My December" was considered “too dark” for the album.

Boy would i love to hear that track!

45. The band has only played one show in Mexico (2002) and one show in South America (Brazil in 2004) ever.

A fact that will change soon

Edited by GraDoN

To the twilight thing...yeah, in the twilight or new moon. loatr is the Song for it. when the movie is over loatr starts and at the specials you can see them performing loatr live.

Don't search for another band...it fits to this movie.

The books are great, even if they were wrote for young girls..they are great.

Linkin park is here in every corner. In the TV in every 3rd commercial for cars or something like that. for documentations or family shows (we are family and so on...) LP is the most played band in TV here in Germany.

97. Hybrid Theory has sold over 30 million copies worldwide. It is the decade's second best-selling album, behind The Beatles' 1. It's the 26th best selling album of all time.

98. Chester and his first wife Samantha were so poor at the time of their wedding that they did not have the money to buy wedding rings. Instead, they had rings tattooed on their fingers.

99. Brad wears giant headphones on his ears at all LP shows. He refuses to say why!

100. Dead By Sunrise, Chester's side project, went by another name at first. The name? Snow White Tan.

101. Linkin Park has won two Grammy's in its career - one for "Crawling" and one for "Numb/Encore".

102. The band's album Meteora was named after a series of monasteries in Greece.

103. Warner Bros Records (the band's record label) actually rejected the band THREE times before signing them!

104. The band has released several other songs from the Minutes To Midnight recording sessions. No Roads Left, Across The Line, Blackbirds and Not Alone were all worked on in 2006-2007.

Added more today.

You skipped 96

• 2 months later...

At a live show in Tuscan, Arizona in 2003, Brad and Joe swapped instruments to play the song "A.06". There is a picture of the incident in the "From The Inside: Linkin Park's Meteora" book.

I actually have the book. where is the photo. The only thing i can see if Brad 'fretting' Phoenix's bass. Other then that i dont see a Brad and Joe swap :)

I have it too.. and I haven't seen said picture either.

• 3 months later...

You could really put the information about Pez and his bro on the website, why not?

And Chaz is left-handed??

Being left handed doesnt mean you play guitar left handed.

I know a few people who are left handed but play drums right or guitar or whatever there fancy was.

And heres proof I guess that hes left handed