Official bootlegs gone?

LPForAll

Hi all,

I wanted to buy a few LP shows that I still miss but I can't find their bootleg site anywhere. Could you please help?

Thanks!

LPForAll

I think that they've deleted the official bootlegs store after LPU15 update, but I'm not sure

Then they are free to share here if they are no longer available to purchase. But before we make that official, let me email Lorenzo and make sure they aren't planning on relaunching it or something.

If they're free to share, let me know and I'll help you out with the upload since I've them all.

I have all 229 of them but I do think about 2-3 of my very early PR07 ones (between Auburn and Mountain View), so like Marysville and San Bernardino or something aren't tagged correctly. Someone messed with the tags before they shared them. Maybe someone has the original ones.

No response from Lorenzo yet.

So let's wait for the response. I still hope that they will bring the site back one day. It is interesting that a band like Metallica is able to run a bootleg shop for over a decade and they even have started selling CDs now...

Edited by LPForAll

I think the band (or Blackened Records, their label the band started) absorbs a lot of the costs on that. They have a lot of money to throw around. Linkin Park does too, but they don't seem willing to front the cost for some of it. LP could MAKE money on the DSPs if they really wanted to, simply by advertising. They have the ability to promote it on the screens at shows, and they have the RARE ability to reach all of their millions of Facebook followers with every post they make (something Mike revealed in that leaked Google Glass video). Metallica does a great job with theirs, in fact the CDs they ship for shows now look REALLY good. $11.99 for a CD, how much can they really make on that? FLAC for $6.49 and mp3 for $4.99. They seem to be doing it for the fans, not to make money. And they even give shows away for free.

If them being gone means they are legal to share, does this apply to other LPU releases too? For example Lockjaw, Morning After (Acoustic) etc.

I don't think so. These shows have not been released for LPU. Official bootlegs have been released for everyone.

They did allow me to upload Fort Minor live videos from LPU because they aren't available anymore.