AmpLive's Original Remix of "PLC.4 MIE HÆD"

McArt

That I am - been super busy tho. Now have a masters in advanced games computing, thus solidfying my geek status. Also work as a professional web dev guy ^_^ woot.

BTW not being able to post on this forum with firefox is hella annoying... lol.

Still trying to decide if this is actually a demo or just a remix used in a live show or something. Does he reply to tweets or anything...?

This says original remix so this is what he remixed of APFMH and sent to LP for consideration before LP got with him and changed it, that's how I understand it.

Welcome to LPL. I use Firefox on a laptop at home and on my desktop PC and post here fine. Not sure what the problem is.

O_O @ you being alive.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This says original remix so this is what he remixed of APFMH and sent to LP for consideration before LP got with him and changed it, that's how I understand it.

Welcome to LPL. I use Firefox on a laptop at home and on my desktop PC and post here fine. Not sure what the problem is.

O_O @ you being alive.

Hmm it's really bizare the textarea to type in is there - you can highlight text, you jsut can't get a cursor in. This is a dev machine and it is spotting a few errors on your page, so maybe it's jsut a bit more sensitive. Will see if it only affects this machine later...

Could be, or it could be that he's created variations. Djs sometimes seem to just call things original mixes when they can just to diffrentiate. I've got a few tracks by different artists called 'original mixes' that are just something created later on... so it's not conclusive proof, but definetly in its favour. I hope it is...

Lol at everyone thinking I was dead ^_^ Nope still here. Nick n Mark must have seen me come online on msn. I've jsut been really really busy, uni, life, work, love, n play! :)

Oh and Nick, I found flac version of the Humble Bros Remix CD-R (I think I gave you the flac for the short, but I found the long in the last few days) want it? Hosting etc?

Hmm it's really bizare the textarea to type in is there - you can highlight text, you jsut can't get a cursor in. This is a dev machine and it is spotting a few errors on your page, so maybe it's jsut a bit more sensitive. Will see if it only affects this machine later...

Could be, or it could be that he's created variations. Djs sometimes seem to just call things original mixes when they can just to diffrentiate. I've got a few tracks by different artists called 'original mixes' that are just something created later on... so it's not conclusive proof, but definetly in its favour. I hope it is...

Lol at everyone thinking I was dead ^_^ Nope still here. Nick n Mark must have seen me come online on msn. I've jsut been really really busy, uni, life, work, love, n play! :)

Oh and Nick, I found flac version of the Humble Bros Remix CD-R (I think I gave you the flac for the short, but I found the long in the last few days) want it? Hosting etc?

Good to see you again! I shared the story of our trade for LP CD's and Lucky Charms the other day haha.

As for this...sounds like a demo to me. I tend to agree with Mark, once LP got a hold of it they probably wanted it a bit rockier and therefore did what they wanted basically haha.

Funny, but haven't you in essence defined it as a demo by your description? Just remember - By Myself from the Raw Power promo, Mike's vocal track was different than the final track; Untitled was completely redone from top to bottom for the most part to become In The End; Now I See varies only slightly from With You in regards to the mix - and all of these are commonly classified as demos for the same exact reasons you've denied this track to be a 'demo'.

For the sake of classification/convenience, it's probably better to still call it a "demo," but those 3 examples all still bear musical similarities to the final versions and have essentially the same arrangement. This remix is so different that it sounds like they essentially threw this one out, recycled a couple of the synth samples and the lyrics for Zion's verse, and made a new remix.

That'd be great! Been ages since I lost it.

For the sake of classification/convenience, it's probably better to still call it a "demo," but those 3 examples all still bear musical similarities to the final versions and have essentially the same arrangement. This remix is so different that it sounds like they essentially threw this one out, recycled a couple of the synth samples and the lyrics for Zion's verse, and made a new remix.

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, I'm calling it a demo. :P Understandably, remixes are a different monster, though I'm inclined in this case to still classify it as a demo as it's from the same person/people who produced the final track. Any work that went unused for the final is inherently going to be called a demo by under the circumstances.

Can somebody upload this somewhere else please? I can't get it from that link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96N8PQU5

• 3 years later...

with the original file name for those who care

I didn't knew this is the original name, changed it in my link.

I spent all day looking for this as well until I finally decided to just look at the forum.

Thank you!!

You're welcome :)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...