LPL + You

hahninator

Some of you may have recently noticed a small change to our homepage. LPLive is humbly requesting your help. For the first time in our 5 years of existence, we're asking for donations from our users. This will help cover the costs of acquiring exciting new exclusives and further improving the community. For example, the Hybrid Theory 8 Track Demo CD that included 'She Couldn't' and the Camden 2004 proshot video required significant monetary contributions from LPL staff.

We have avoided asking for donations for a long as possible, but for us to remain completely ad-free (something we take very seriously when thinking long-term about the site) and to continue providing new exclusives we feel that it is necessary to ask for donations. Users who contribute $10 or more should supply their LPL forum username so we can acknowledge their generosity as well as granting a user title of their choice. As always, thanks for the support of the site over the years and for helping us keep it, as always, "For the fans, by the fans."

-LPL Staff-

To donate, CLICK HERE.

ME contributes :P If you want to raise some money we could make a ebay sale instead of a giveaway i am trying to do, but-its-hard-to-get-in-contact-with-you-Mark :P

btw, there is a lotto accrual tomorrow, 50 million. Give me 6 numbers between 1 and 49 :P

Edited by michalangelo

ME contributes :P If you want to raise some money we could make a ebay sale instead of a giveaway i am trying to do, but-its-hard-to-get-in-contact-with-you-Mark :P

btw, there is a lotto accrual tomorrow, 50 million. Give me 6 numbers between 1 and 49 :P

LOL! Email me at mark(at)lplive(dot)net and I'll reply asap.

Numbers? 8, 12, 19, 24, 33, 45.

LOL! Email me at mark(at)lplive(dot)net and I'll reply asap.

Numbers? 8, 12, 19, 24, 33, 45.

Message sent. Thx for the numbers :D Waiting for more. If those are the winning ones (if not all 6, anything from 3 to 5 same numbers win something, depending on how much coupons have been bought :P), the profit will be sent as a donation :P If i win 50 million, well i'll buy you lol :P

Somebody is forgetting 2008.

I didn't want to draw unnecessary attention to that but you are right. You live and you learn with that. Our huge mistake with that was trusting one person in the staff with the account that donations were going to. To this day I don't even know how much was gathered. I was VERY hesitant to even think about doing this again after that but we really need it and we've held off until the very last minute. Repeated attempts to get that weren't responded to so I just chalked it up to a bad experience.

Hopefully someone more trustworthy will handle these donations this time around. @_@

Can a staff member PM me the average monthly cost for LPL? I'll send some $$$ over for a few months.

Yes. We have taken many precautions this time in doing so but I guarantee that will never happen again. The staff email "thread" (gmail) has been going since September 2nd...112 emails (99 then it makes it go to another thread, 13 there) discussing this. This time you're going to see results. We are working on some stuff that will be AWESOME.

I'll talk to Dmitry and get back with you soon or have him PM you.

Add the donate button to the top of the forum. Many more views that way!

I Agree. I click the Forum button even before the Forum button text loads, so i hardly ever see whats on the front page. I'm too eager to go to the forums, not hang around on the home page.

Donate $1.

Become Donator?

I think i abused the group.

Sorry, double post.

Edited by Ginger

I made slight changes to the original post.

Have you thought about adding advertisements to the site? I don't really have much to donate, but I can certainly click on few ads each time I visit.

Advertising isn't lucrative enough to justify ruining the website's decorum.