New Album Discussion

[AndOne]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certain it won't be that soon but I'm confident it will be released before 2013.

Mike has been saying in all interviews that he wants this album to come out faster than any other album which is why they're not doing many shows right now.

Especially if they've been writing songs on the road for the A Thousand Suns World Tour.

I still say 2013...just a hitch because Shinoda said 05, then 06 for MTM, then 09 for ATS...always they say it's coming out a year or two ahead of time.

Oh come on, this is not fair. Shinoda did Fort Minor in 05 and a year before they have worked with JZ. So MTM took only 1 year and a half since 06. In 08 and 09 Chester worked on both records, one for Out of Ashes and for LP. In the meantime of 08 they were touring a lot.

It is really imagine that they release the next record..they toured only 1 Year with ATS and bothe Chester and Mike have no activies with Fort Minor or Dead by Sunrise.

So yes, they will bring out the record next year I'm sure.

Mike has been saying in all interviews that he wants this album to come out faster than any other album which is why they're not doing many shows right now.

They've been saying that since 2008. Just wait until the side projects start creeping up. Mike's scoring a film now. Something else will come up. Then another. It always does, you just have to be patient.

They've been saying that since 2008. Just wait until the side projects start creeping up. Mike's scoring a film now. Something else will come up. Then another. It always does, you just have to be patient.

Mike has finished scoring The Raid. The movie is completely finished.

And at this point in time, there are no side projects being worked on.

As long as it stays that way, this will be the first album since Meteora that's had no side distractions.

As you've said, anything is possible and maybe some side projects will start creeping up but for now I'm keeping my hopes up.

update

We're excited to hit the road again this summer. Our first announced tour date of 2012 is Rock am Ring in Nürburg, Germany this June. It will be our first time playing the festival in 5 years, and we're glad to be back. Keep checking LinkinPark.com for more announcements. This is just the first of many. -Chester

We're excited to hit the road again this summer. Our first announced tour date of 2012 is Rock am Ring in Nürburg, Germany this June. It will be our first time playing the festival in 5 years, and we're glad to be back. Keep checking LinkinPark.com for more announcements. This is just the first of many. -Chester

More announcements?? This seems promising

I am not ruling out an album prior to this show, but I find to it to be unlikely.

I'm thinking it could be something more along the lines of a pre-album tour, or a studio break tour.

I don't think its just a studio break. They have been in the studio between the EU and AU tour, US and Asia tour.. and since the end of that they have been working on it. I can imagine they may have it finished by June. I think the only way he can tell is when they announce more dates.. if any are around march or may, it must be a break, and if its after.. the album is probably done.