LPTV - Beast Astray Art Show

lgr

Luna is fucking undoubtedly the best song from LP since 2010. No wonder, it's from the ATS sessions.

It seems that this version is the "finished, mixed" one, I liked the trailer version way better, it sounded more raw.

Buttermilk is also on the LPTV, much more drawn out than the Stagelight sample I heard in Mall.

Edited by linkinepi

This was the only Linkin Park song I was really excited about in a long long time and now it's basically all washed away.

Don't like what I hear in this video at all. The trailer version has a lot more striking power to it.

Sometimes it's so weird to see how much different take and producing can do to a song. Crazy to think how many amazing songs were trashed just because an artist wasn't able to find the best approach right away and gave up. Or how many potentially legendary songs weren't worked on good enough.

Luna is fucking undoubtedly the best song from LP since 2010. No wonder, it's from the ATS sessions.

It seems that this version is the "finished, mixed" one, I liked the trailer version way better, it sounded more raw.

Buttermilk is also on the LPTV, much more drawn out than the Stagelight sample I heard in Mall.

Lol I love reading stuff like this. You've heard a few small clips and now it's ''the best LP song since 2010''. I can't read that seriously. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think any demo LP has ever given us through LPU albums, soundtracks, stuff like that, is better than anything on the main albums. I also feel like LP would have worked on those more and put stuff like that on the album if they thought it was good enough. LP has better judgement than all of us. But yeah. It's like Brad said once. ''If we weren't 100% confident with an album, it wouldn't be coming out''.

Edited by Geki

Lol I love reading stuff like this. You've heard a few small clips and now it's ''the best LP song since 2010''. I can't read that seriously. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think any demo LP has ever given us through LPU albums, soundtracks, stuff like that, is better than anything on the main albums. I also feel like LP would have worked on those more and put stuff like that on the album if they thought it was good enough. LP has better judgement than all of us. But yeah. It's like Brad said once. ''If we weren't 100% confident with an album, it wouldn't be coming out''.

No other song from LP since 2010 barring maybe COG has made me feel what I felt when I first heard Luna in the trailer song.

LESTAT can vouch for that feeling, and I agree with him calling GATS a "gross, b-list power metal song" when it came out, it still is, and much of THP is nothing spectacular.

Definitely a diffferent vocal take on Luna. Still beautiful. I wonder, is that on of the other two songs Mike mastered for MALL? Pretty sure the entire fanbase would shit itself if that got released.

Same vocal take, different part of the song. The lyric gets repeated multiple times. You can hear the last couple lines from the section with the vocal melody we're already familiar with when the vocals fade back in near the end of the video.

Also, I thought Id give shazam a go to see if it had any extra info we might not have. All I got back was Tags Luna and Malc Rx7. According the the album field its got 7 - Luna and 4 - Malc Rx7 so maybe that will be there track listings? They also are interestedly under Joe Hahn as the artist.

Edit: Just realized this and more is covered in the White Noise thread.

Edited by Pez

Actually Primo is better than I'll Be Gone. And almost eveything is better than Lies Greed Misery :D

Besides the fact that I disagree with all aspects of your opinion, the bigger point is this. I'm 90% sure that you're wrong about Luna being from the ATS era/sessions. I'm pretty sure Ammosick is the only song on the Mall OST that is from the ATS era (and only partly because it originated from M2M). The LPAssociation Wiki pretty much confirms that if you look at the articles for the Mall OST and for Luna and Ammosick. Says Luna is Living Things era.

Anyway, Luna's good. But I absolutely love the version/part that's played in the very beginning of this LPTV episode. Just sounds much more like them. More dark and less poppy because the vocal/notes are more contained. I like it better than the version/part in the trailer which is also played towards the end of this LPTV episode. I guess Astat is right and it's probably just two parts of the same vocal take which means he just sings it a bit differently at the start of the song.

In any case, I can think of 5 or 10 songs on the last two albums that are probably better than Luna, at least to me. I'd like to hear Luna released in it's entirety though, with all the parts, bridging together the part at the beginning of this lptv episode and the part played towards the end of the episode.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

Besides the fact that I disagree with all aspects of your opinion, the bigger point is this. I'm 90% sure that you're wrong about Luna being from the ATS era/sessions. I'm pretty sure Ammosick is the only song on the Mall OST that is from the ATS era (and only partly because it originated from M2M). The LPAssociation Wiki pretty much confirms that if you look at the articles for the Mall OST and for Luna and Ammosick. Says Luna is Living Things era.

Anyway, Luna's good. But I absolutely love the version/part that's played in the very beginning of this LPTV episode. Just sounds much more like them. More dark and less poppy because the vocal/notes are more contained. I like it better than the version/part in the trailer which is also played towards the end of this LPTV episode. I guess Astat is right and it's probably just two parts of the same vocal take which means he just sings it a bit differently at the start of the song.

In any case, I can think of 5 or 10 songs on the last two albums that are probably better than Luna, at least to me. I'd like to hear Luna released in it's entirety though, with all the parts, bridging together the part at the beginning of this lptv episode and the part played towards the end of the episode.

Ammosick is from the MTM sessions... the LPA Wiki has enormous amounts of information absolutely wrong. I'm 100% sure that every single track from Stagelight, apart from Divided and Catharsis came from the ATS sessions. Almost all of the names check out with the ones in the tracking boards shown in the LPTVs and the Making Of ATS.

FUCK

I just confirmed indeed that Ammosick is "the last line" song beyond a shadow of a doubt...

It says Ammosick to the left of Iridescent, and "the last line" is above it

Can't believe I never caught that, I've had that screen-cap since 2012, lol.

post-17091-0-16825900-1414343995_thumb.png

Edited by linkinepi