Mike featured in new 'Peter Rabbit' movie

hahninator

According to the director of Peter Rabbit, Will Gluck, Mike Shinoda is featured in the new movie that is released today with a (funny) version of 'Remember The Name'.

Collider.com: "I have to ask, how did you end with a Fort Minor song (“Remember the Name”) in Peter Rabbit?"
WILL GLUCK: "Nice! So, I love that song. The lead singer, Mike Shinoda, is a dad at my daughter’s school, so I called him and said, “This is a crazy idea. I rewrote these lyrics. Do you mind doing it?” He thought it was a funny idea, and he made [the lyrics] better and did it. It’s one of those crazy things, where that’s how I happened. I always like doing crazy stuff with music, like that. There’s a lot of music in this movie that’s unexpected. It was crazy, and the rewritten lyrics were funny."
Collider.com: "Did Mike Shinoda think it was a crazy idea, when you asked him about it?"
WILL GLUCK: "I think so. You’d have to ask him, but probably. I explained that the sparrows would be singing different genres, throughout the movie."

IMDB gives this information on the track:

"Remember the Name (Peter Rabbit 2018 Film Version)
Written by Mike Shinoda, Ryu (as Ryan Maginn) and Takbir Bashir
Performed by Fort Minor
Courtesy of Warner Music Australia Pty Limited
Additional Vocals by Jack Dolman, Katharine Hoye, Jessica Freedman, Chad Reisser and Fletcher Sheridan "

If you go to see the movie sometime soon, be sure to be listening for this fun take of 'Remember The Name'! It is possible that the track will also be released on the film's soundtrack.

"In the United States and Canada, Peter Rabbit will be released alongside Fifty Shades Freed and The 15:17 to Paris, and is projected to gross around $16 million from 2,700 theaters in its opening weekend, with some estimates as high as $25 million."

Source: Collider.com and IMDB.com

Thanks to staff member Aly for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

is there any chance it gets released?

I think it's just the small clip in the movie of the actual song. They probably didn't do a full version of the song to release on a proper release type thing. Maybe I'm wrong and it will come out. But that's what I think.

• 2 months later...