Los Angeles, CA show being webcasted via VyRT

RogueSoul

The Carnivores Tour date on September 15 at the Hollywood Bowl will be webcast via VyRT, Jared Leto's online ticketing company. You can purchase a ticket here, it's $15 for both LP and MARS.

If you don't know how VyRT works, basically, you buy a ticket, and on the night of the show, you can watch the concert unfold pro-shot style on their website.

Who's going to watch the stream?

EDIT 9/9: A VIP for Linkin Park is now available for $40! It includes both live sets, an orange badge in the VyRT Chat, and exclusive post-show webcasts!

EDIT 8/26: On the VyRT Chat today, Jared Leto said that if they sell 500 tickets by Friday, Mike and Chester will hop on the VyRT Chat! This means they will either a) interact with the chat via text or B) do a VyRT Violet (a free webcast-type thing, similar to video LPU Chats. Jared does them often, and plays some songs on it.)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no commercials and no sponsors. Last year's VyRT with only Mars was the same price so LP is technically a bonus

Yeah but compare it with a live DVD. A live DVD costs around 10-12€ (so basically the same) but I have a proper mix of sound and cameras. Something I don't have on a live broadcast. And for the sponsors: I don't care as long as I have to pay less.

If I pay the 15$ do I have a chance to download the show or is it just a webcast which I can watch once? If I can't download it it's a rip off.

Yeah but compare it with a live DVD. A live DVD costs around 10-12€ (so basically the same) but I have a proper mix of sound and cameras. Something I don't have on a live broadcast. And for the sponsors: I don't care as long as I have to pay less.

If I pay the 15$ do I have a chance to download the show or is it just a webcast which I can watch once? If I can't download it it's a rip off.

You can't download because of Warner, like I said technically your just paying for Mars. And I have last years Hollywood Bowl the mixing is fine. I bring up the fact that there are no commercials and no sponsors because how are you going to play the people who put this up online.

You can't download because of Warner, like I said technically your just paying for Mars. And I have last years Hollywood Bowl the mixing is fine. I bring up the fact that there are no commercials and no sponsors because how are you going to play the people who put this up online.

This.

Also, I'm 99% sure you can't share the webcast. You can for a limited time I guess, until someone finds it but it'll ultimately be taken down. They offer a download for MARS's show, if enough people tweet/email them I'm sure they'd give LP's show too, at the consent of the band and their label of course. MARS can do it because they're independent.

EDIT: My 5,000th post on a Linkin Park fansite is about 30 Seconds To Mars. Go figure.

So I am supposed to pay as much as a live DVD but I can only watch it once? Even if I am a 30STM fan I'd never pay for that. Huge rip off in my opinion. Doesn't really help the impression I have of 30STM.

Edited by graveguard

So I am supposed to pay as much as a live DVD but I can only watch it once? Even if I am a 30STM fan I'd never pay for that. Huge rip off in my opinion. Doesn't really have the impression I have of 30STM.

Doesn't a live DVD usually have 1 band? And for this you're getting 2

Edited by Nightmare

Lol

I don't understand all the bitching about this, it's awesome to have the opportunity to obtain a new proshot if you don't want to pay for it just wait for the rip it will be available ASAP.

I am not bitching. I just want to discuss the price of it.

I'm not gonna pay to watch it but I hope we can get that proshot anyway :) I think there will be set B at that show so it would be great to have a proshot for that show.

Btw I'm new here :) I'm italian so I apologize for my English mistakes :)

VyRT isn't just about a live show, it's a unique live experience that you can watch with other fans and discuss what's going on. VyRT is a community where everyone chats before during and after the event. for $15 you get a one off professionally shot concert in HD, no shaky camera at all. it also give the artists a chance to interact with fans through the live chat, before and after the event. Anyone from any country is able to watch VyRT at the same time. There are no adverts or sponsorship and no breaks in the show. All the money made by VyRT is re-invested back into the VyRT platform to keep improving and expanding. Before you write VyRT off as too expensive or not as good as a live DVD why not pop in and see what it's all about. VyRT is a community and it would be great if we had some more linkin park fans join us. If you want to know any more or ask questions just log on and ask anyone there.

Hope to see you there
- A regular VyRT user

Edited by ctgerrard

THANK YOU. Nice to see a fellow Echelon member join the site too! I'm no longer alone in this world :P

As ctgerrard just said, VyRT is completely independent. They DEPEND on the funds they get from the shows they stream to keep on providing us with quality webcasts. Think about it: this is founded from a man who is IN A BAND. You're getting an EXCEPTIONAL quality webcast (I believe it streams up to 1080p) for TWO bands, for the price of $15. A little extra if you want a download of MARS's set. VyRT is not about the live show, it's about the experience. You can chat with other fans and even interact with the bands themselves (we have to spam PLAY APFMH in the chat). They even went as far as to give LPU Members their own separate chat room. Don't shoot it down before you try it out.

Jared just said in a VyRT chat that if they can sell 500 tickets for this by Friday, Mike and Chester will appear in the chat.

What a joke. I'm so happy that LP is touring with this band for just this tour, after the tour I will be able to put the bad memory of 30STM behind me.

Edited by Geki

Jared just said in a VyRT chat that if they can sell 500 tickets for this by Friday, Mike and Chester will appear in the chat.

Wow. If LP only had their own platform where people pay to get content like chats or exclusive videos like they do for Chideo...

They should really consider doing something like that. Maybe they can call it a fanclub?

Edited by graveguard