Linkin Park confirmed Rock am Ring / Rock im Park 2012

tschenneck

Linkin Park are confirmed for Rock am Ring / Rock im Park 2012 from 1st to 3rd June! They will be playing there along with other bands like Metallica, Machine Head and many others.

Tickets are already for sale for 160€ (RaR) / 155€ (RiP) for the 3 day festival ticket.

Sources: rock-am-ring.com and rock-im-park.com

This is yet to be officially confirmed the band.

Thanks to BlackChester.de for the heads up!

Update:

We're excited to hit the road again this summer. Our first announced tour date of 2012 is Rock am Ring in Nürburg, Germany this June. It will be our first time playing the festival in 5 years, and we're glad to be back.

Keep checking back for more announcements. This is just the first of many.

-Chester

http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/rock-am-ring

EDIT: The tour section on LP.com is now updated to include the dates for the shows (as well as NovaRock). Thanks to Marcel and StaticXero for the heads up.

01.06.2012 Adenau, Germany - Nürburgring - Rock am Ring

03.06.2012 Nürnberg, Germany - Volkspark Dutzendteich - Rock im Park

08.06.2012 Nickelsdorf, Austria - Pannonia Fields II - NovaRock

This will be the first time LP takes a day off between the Rock am Ring and Rock im Park shows; usually they are performed on back-to-back days (2001 and 2007, and the canceled 2003 shows).

Linkin Park are confirmed for Rock am Ring / Rock im Park 2012 from 3rd to 5th July! They will be playing there along with other bands like Metallica, Machine Head and many others.

Tickets are already for sale for 160€ (RaR) / 155€ (RiP) for the 3 day festival ticket.

Sources: rock-am-ring.com"]http://www.rock-am-ring.com/[/url] and rock-im-park.com

This is yet to be officially confirmed the band/mangement.

Thanks to BlackChester.de for the heads up!

its not from 1-3 june?

extra: New Album in Summer (according to Rock-am-Ring.com)

just to fill it up: Linkin Park are together with Metallica and the Toten Hosen the field of competitors at Rock am Ring and Rock im Park lead. The most popular U.S. rock group of the last decade is in the summer of 2012 to release a new studio album and play the first time after five years at the twin festivals.

Edit: not sure but i dont think they are refering to LP but Metallica? cuz lp played at rock am ring in 2009. thats no 5 years

Edited by Tomer

LP last played there in 2007. Metallica played there in 2008, so it must be LP they're referering to :)

@Tomer they're talking about LP .. last time they were at Rock am Ring was 2007... I'd know if they were there 2009 ;)

Sometimes I wonder why what we have the live guide for :P

my bad mixed it up with another date :P i should have checked the liveguide before :) sorry

I Hope,

they play QWERTY in Japan 2006, before the song was released so they could play at least the first single that I think it'll be released before the album;

I this case I wonder about the dsp;

They'll release before the album or not?

Great, glad they're playing these festivals again. Some of their best shows come from Rock am Ring. Plus it's Germany, who loves LP, so it's sure to be awesome. As always it will be interesting to see what other shows they play in Europe, and hopefully we get DSPs.

PLUS Metallica is performing the Black Album in full, sooooo damn. I'm jealous.

Yeah last time they played pinkpop(and the only time) was in 2007. And pinkpop only has 2 names confirmed so far, Bruce Springsteen and Soundgarden, so they are a possibilty. Altough they did play Rock Werchter last year.. and 2 shows in the BeNeLux(Belguim, Netherlands, Luxemburg) in 2 summers isnt normal for linkin park haha

Edited by frank

When the management from rock am ring announce a new album, then I'm sure it comes. The Promotion have to come from LP and to play on this festival make really sure that they have new album in the summer.

So I fucking amazed, Metallica and Linkin Park at one festival that's great. I will buy my ticket next month. I don't have to miss that.

We're excited to hit the road again this summer. Our first announced tour date of 2012 is Rock am Ring in Nürburg, Germany this June. It will be our first time playing the festival in 5 years, and we're glad to be back. Keep checking LinkinPark.com for more announcements. This is just the first of many.

-Chester

PLUS Metallica is performing the Black Album in full, sooooo damn. I'm jealous.

they're doing that at download festival too :D

EDIT: shit sorry, just realised you're in the US :/

Edited by LGraham

When the management from rock am ring announce a new album, then I'm sure it comes. The Promotion have to come from LP and to play on this festival make really sure that they have new album in the summer.

So I fucking amazed, Metallica and Linkin Park at one festival that's great. I will buy my ticket next month. I don't have to miss that.

Because a third party like the Rock Am Ring promoters totally have control over when Linkin Park releases an album. Not like the band, producer, record label, etc. have any input on that or anything...