Favorite Videos

hahninator

The Minutes To Midnight touring cycle was one of the best tours for LP, it is true that now that they're older, it's harder for them to get up on stage and do an HOUR AND A HALF LONG SET ALMOST EVERY NIGHT, but I believe they pulled it off, with some difficulties along the way. Personally, it is my belief we will not see too many "oldies" brought back on this set, why do u ask? As I've already explained in another thread, even though the war effort to put "A Place for My Head" back in the set was a success, it just wasn't the same energy as in the old days. Chester seemed to barely get through the bridge with each performance, true in the beginning he was still pretty good, and during certain special shows he'd give it his all, but if u listen to most of the recordings, his voice just isn't cut out for that hardcore metal anymore. I'm willing to bet that LP may or may not bring back a goodie or two like "Reading My Eyes," or "With You," or hell even "By Myself" if Chester can pull it off (which I personally have my doubts, though alot of people want it back in the set.) I personally think the best bets would be on "With You", and "Reading My Eyes." My personal favorite of 2007-2008 is actually pretty biased since I attended the show, "Numb / Encore" at MSG where Jay-Z waved to me, or at least waved in my direction and seemed to be looking directly at me. XD You can see him waving in the pro-shot vid. XD

I have to agree with Lord_Arthas, Faint Rock Am Ring 2007 rocks. This is the best performance of Chester I've seen. He mixes rock 'n' roll vocals with metal vocals in the ending, I've never heard anything like it, it's sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe7okyqG6zs

Also, I love One Step Closer from the same concert, people go nuts. The band does an exelent performance. I love the bridge, with all the hands and Brads expression:

I totally agree with the "Faint" version. I've been to this show and the ending was freaking hilarious... I stood in the photo pit when the show closed (because I had crowdsurfed, had then been grabbed by the securities, and was actually told to leave the place immediately but somehow I managed to hide myself behind a very tall security guard who didn't notice me *laughs* - I was rudely kicked out after the show, though! -) and I really laughed my ass off. Totally one of the best performances ever! ;) The performances at Rock am Ring somehow always kick ass!

Look at how large the 08 crowd is compared to the 00 one, not to mention the extended into and outro.

It's called selling out and making ballads to appeal to a large audience. Your point?

Anyways, to contribute to the thread.

There They Go over the Papercut outro that night:

Edited by rav0k

i'm really looking forward to it and i hope they do something new like new intro/outros. i'm not too bothered if they don't play older songs.

looking forward to more live performances of New Divide and DBS tracks too. it'l be a good way to introduce their music, i wonder if it would be acoustic DBS songs?

It's called selling out and making ballads to appeal to a large audience. Your point?

Anyways, to contribute to the thread.

There They Go over the Papercut outro that night:

<_< No offense but saying Linkin Park sold out is just ignorant. Have you not been paying attention at all the past few years? The band DOESN'T WANT to make heavier music any more. It has absolutely nothing to do with money, they got bored of the angsty-teen screamy jumping around like a moron shit. I guarantee you they lost almost as many fans as they gained.

Linkin Park was already a huge band after Hybrid Theory and Meteora, "selling out" doesn't apply because they already had money, already had fans all over the world, and they still changed styles simply because they wanted to.

Edited by Xero21

are you serious? that is the POA outro.

Yes, I'm serious. Hence why I said "Papercut outro that night". They didn't play Points of Authority. >Thanks though< for being Mr. Correction when it was not needed.

ANYWAYS

Place for my Head (KROQ 2003) is FTW also:

To Xero21: I'm not dissing the band at all...well I guess I am, but in all honesty - ALL bands sell out. They smell and touch money and they want more so they get it. This doesn't mean that they abuse it. Linkin Park has done wonderful things, including Music for Relief. You can't honestly think the band has the right to say "Well, we really didn't want our music to be this way, we just wanted more money." They will tell everyone that they wanted to "change musically." lol It's just obvious, just like any other band that completely changes their sound to appeal to a larger audience. There is nothing wrong with it (for them), they haven't suffered obviously. They are a huge band! However, those of us who liked their hybrid sound in the early 00's are unhappy with what we hear now. It's no disrespect to the actual band. As far as their fans go, yes. Their fan base has always been huge but the comparison was the crowd of today compared to their early career. If they kept playing the same style of music, they wouldn't progressively gain more fans, thus they have changed their style of music to appeal to a larger audience. People just don't like the term "selling out" as it sounds negative. Saying you actually like every single song they have ever made is a LIE, because I know that everyone has been pissed about at least one song they have written and recorded. Am I still excited to hear what their next album will sound like? Hell yes.

Edited by rav0k

To Xero21: I'm not dissing the band at all...well I guess I am, but in all honesty - ALL bands sell out. They smell and touch money and they want more so they get it. This doesn't mean that they abuse it. Linkin Park has done wonderful things, including Music for Relief. You can't honestly think the band has the right to say "Well, we really didn't want our music to be this way, we just wanted more money." They will tell everyone that they wanted to "change musically." lol It's just obvious, just like any other band that completely changes their sound to appeal to a larger audience. There is nothing wrong with it (for them), they haven't suffered obviously. They are a huge band! However, those of us who liked their hybrid sound in the early 00's are unhappy with what we hear now. It's no disrespect to the actual band. As far as their fans go, yes. Their fan base has always been huge but the comparison was the crowd of today compared to their early career. If they kept playing the same style of music, they wouldn't progressively gain more fans, thus they have changed their style of music to appeal to a larger audience. People just don't like the term "selling out" as it sounds negative. Saying you actually like every single song they have ever made is a LIE, because I know that everyone has been pissed about at least one song they have written and recorded. Am I still excited to hear what their next album will sound like? Hell yes.

But why is the fact that a band wants to change musically so unbelievable? The entire band is at least 30 years old and with the exception of Rob I believe, have families.

They aren't a bunch of angry young kids anymore. Has your taste in music ever changed as you got older? Have you not seen Mike post on his blog time and time again about how much the band, as well as Mike personally, dislikes the genre of Nu-Metal? They grew to hate the genre as they got older because of immature it is.

And I have been a fan of the band since Hybrid Theory, and I love the new sound as well as the old sound. It's not a LIE, it means I actually have an open mind as well as a broad taste in music. I'll just as well listen to OneRepublic and Death Cab For Cutie as I will Disturbed and System of a Down, and I love rap too.

Anyway I'll stop ranting. For the thread, I don't know if there's a video of it, but when Mike did Reading My Eyes during Bleed It Out because a fan requested it. That was pretty cool.

They aren't a bunch of angry young kids anymore. Has your taste in music ever changed as you got older? Have you not seen Mike post on his blog time and time again about how much the band, as well as Mike personally, dislikes the genre of Nu-Metal? They grew to hate the genre as they got older because of immature it is.

I still listen to what I listened to when I was growing up. That's what most people listen to. They listen to what they grew up with. I don't see how you call a genre of music "immature". Nu-metal was hip hop and rock influences combined...which I myself still have a very strong liking for. I don't care what Linkin Park says....screaming "PUT ME OUT OF MY FUCKING MISERY" is no different than saying "SHUT UP!" 10 times. If they wanted to change, fine. Calling a genre of music "immature" just MAKES them immature.

They started to play this outro in Papercut, but then, they started to play it on POA.

otherway around

they began to use that outro without TTG starting with the winter euro 08 tour then added the TTG verse at the Montreal show. But when Chaz got sick they added that outro with TTG at the end of Papercut but once Chaz got better they just did it regularly again with POA/TTG over the outro

• 1 year later...

i was bored so i felt like coming to a really old thread and post in it, anyways one of my favorite performances ever is Breaking The Habit at Milton Keys (really one of only good performances there and one of LP's best performances ever of BTH if you ask me)