2014.08.18 - Holmdel, NJ, PNC Bank Arts Center

RogueSoul

The Carnivores Tour is back in New Jersey, this time heading to Holmdel (yay!). Linkin Park, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and AFI will take the stage at the PNC Bank Arts Center on August 18. Linkin Park hasn't played in Holmdel since 2008, but has played there a multitude of times before: back-to-back shows in 2001 to end Ozzfest (1, 2), 2004, and 2007, totaling up to 5 times before the Carnivores Tour. Wow! The band's history in Holmdel has been stellar, with many notable moments happening in the town (and the venue; as it is, Holmdel doesn't have too many other venues). The first night of 2001 has a great audience recording available, which you can find in our Live Audio Downloads & Requests section of the forum. The second night of 2001 marked the end of the Ozzfest, giving the band a well-deserved break before heading off the Europe. On Projekt Revolution in 2004, Jay-Z made a surprise appearance during the encore, performing with the band Collision Course songs such as 'Big Pimpin'/Papercut' and 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You'. The band's visit in 2007 had so many setlist changes to their 'Set B', LPLive dubbed it 'Set D'! Cool changes include a lot of reorganization to the set and an awesome encore consisting of 'The Little Things Give You Away', 'Cure For The Itch', 'One Step Closer', and 'Faint'. At the band's most recent performance there in 2008, 'We Made It' was performed for the final time, as Busta Rhymes and Spliff Star mysteriously disappeared from the tour after the show. A freak thunderstorm started in the middle of LP's set, causing event staff to start placing sandbags around the stage to prevent wires from being damaged. The band's performances in New Jersey usually seem to get rained on... It rained at Camden 2012 as well. Luckily, the forecast calls for clear skies, and a great show.

Yesterday, the band performed in Mansfield, Massachusetts, performing their Set B. There's a lot of speculation surrounding what the band will perform in Holmdel, as they performed Set A in Camden last Friday. Will New Jersey get another performance of Set A, or will the band perform Set B again? Maybe the band will even whip out a surprise Set C! Probably not, though. -sadface-

Check out this video of the band performing the new Mashup Intro and 'Guilty All The Same' in Camden last Friday. The crowd was excellent that night (maybe because I was in it! :P). We can expect the same energy, if not even more energy to be brought at Holmdel!

You may be wondering about the other bands on the Carnivores Tour, too. Well, Thirty Seconds To Mars and AFI are really bringing their all! This will be AFI's first performance in Holmdel since 2010, and MARS's first since 2002! AFI played their regular set featuring singles 'The Leaving Song Pt. II' and 'Miss Murder'. What's interesting is that the band has performed other songs on this tour early on, but dropped after a single performance. These songs are 'A Single Second' and 'Beautiful Thieves', which were both played at the two nights in Florida. Maybe the band will bring them back for tonight, or play another song that they haven't already played! Thirty Seconds To Mars played the same set, featuring their hits 'Up In The Air', 'City Of Angels', and 'Do Or Die', as well as a few non-singles, namely 'End Of All Days' and 'Conquistador' from their 2013 album, Love Lust Faith + Dreams. During Jared's acoustic set, he performed the song 'Alibi' for the first time on the tour, as well as the chorus of their past single 'Attack', and their massively popular song, 'The Kill'! Jared also brought up fans during 'Closer To The Edge'. Has anyone ever gone onstage for Thirty Seconds To Mars' last song? Here's a video of him doing so. If you want to get up there, just go crazy!

Who's heading to the show? Many LPLive members such as Geki, Dmitry, and myself will all be attending, as well as a bunch of others. The LPLive Crew will be manning the fort over at the Music For Relief booth! Make sure to stop by and say hi, as well as donate a few bucks to Music For Relief! Check back here at the time of the show or follow us on Twitter for live updates!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

There's a lot of speculation surrounding what the band will perform in Camden

Did you mean Holmdel? :P

For me we will never have a Set C. Set A tonight! The only thing that i would expect is some kind of collaboration with Jared Leto at some point of the tour. Anyway, have great time guys!

You can't use videos to compare, the crowd was really exploding in Camden.

and what would you say to german crowds to compare this? atomic exploding or what XD

For me shows outside north america have so much more energy in the crowd!

Everyone in the first rows in camden has a cell phone or what else in his hands... almost no jumping or moshing!!

and what would you say to german crowds to compare this? atomic exploding or what XD

For me shows outside north america have so much more energy in the crowd!

Everyone in the first rows in camden has a cell phone or what else in his hands... almost no jumping or moshing!!

The first few rows are energetic, the rest have phones.

THIS is awesome crowd:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_RRIP8O5Jg

Or this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQ58IFxHdHE

And this:

12:22 & 25:30 & 1:03:34 and many more moments

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YSK7zt2nHdE

(check this: 1:35:24 - EPIC.)

iTunes Festival 2011 and Wrocław 2014 were the best LP shows with the best crowd that I ever seen at LP gigs.

+ great performances of OSC, WID, Faint, BIO and many more ;p

Name anything except RaR, Poland, Live In Texas, or Russia.

Literally any show the band has played in Central or South America in their entire career, for starters.

Also, LMAO @ you including Live in Texas in that list. Yep, a half-empty stadium full of disinterested Metallica fans was a great Linkin Park crowd, alright...the crowd shots on the DVD don't lie. The crowd screaming "GO AWAY" so loud on APFMH was sarcasm that was apparently lost on nearly everyone in the Linkin Park camp, including the band - they were literally yelling at them to get off the stage.

Edited by Astat

Wow, tonight was so great. Got to see Mark, Jonas and Dmitry. Had a meet & greet and the band was really awesome and nice and took time with us, longer than usual meet & greets. The band was on fire tonight and the best part was Mike doing the ice bucket challenge on stage after the show, Steve Aoki challenged him.

Literally any show the band has played in Central or South America in their entire career, for starters.

Also, LMAO @ you including Live in Texas in that list. Yep, a half-empty stadium full of disinterested Metallica fans was a great Linkin Park crowd, alright...the crowd shots on the DVD don't lie. The crowd screaming "GO AWAY" so loud on APFMH was sarcasm that was apparently lost on nearly everyone in the Linkin Park camp, including the band - they were literally yelling at them to get off the stage.

seeing how huge was the moshpit in texas i doubt that they said that as plain sarcasm , the crowd was moshing and jumping during every song , linkin park really did great job , the crowd was singing crawling chorus at the top of their lungs , they only didn't react to the softer songs like numb or SIB , other than that the crowd was really good , being metallica fan doesn't necessarily mean linkin park hater ...

They didn't mute the crowd sound on this performance, though. Every concert is like this.

Yeah I've noticed that more on recent shows. Audiences have been muted on a lot of their recent webcasts it seems, which is bad for when they are trying to show the aggressive music in a live format.

I can say this with the utmost confidence: This show was the best show I have ever been to, definitely the best Carnivores show yet. All three bands were on FIRE. AFI killed it, Jared actually SANG most of his goddamn parts and did the screams, a LP fucked exploded. Don't even care I saw Set A twice, this performance was amazing. and THE CROWD. Holy jesus. Everyone sang so loud they literally drowned out the band. I have never been so amazed after a show. 10/10 for EVERYTHING.

Also met the LPLive crew and found some friends in the crowd! Excellent night.

Stuff I Recorded:

AFI: The Leaving Song Pt. II, Miss Murder

30STM: Carmina Burana: O Fortuna + Up In The Air, Night Of The Hunter, Conquistador, Jared in the crowd during Kings and Queens, Do Or Die, End Of All Days, Hurricane + The Kill + Alibi, Closer To The Edge

LP: Mashup Intro + Guilty All The Same, Points Of Authority, Blackout + Papercut, Joe Solo Medley, Waiting For The End, Bleed It Out + Ice Bucket Challenge