New collaboration: Martin Garrix featuring Linkin Park

Capacity

Why is it every time they have an electronic song or something similar it sounds just... weak O.O No disrespect to anyone who likes it but I like songs from them in which you hear a nice heavy guitar riff with some samples to amplify the overall sound, and then ofcourse Mike & Chester rapping & screaming, like Keys To The Kingdom, Wasteland, All For Nothing.

Ofcourse they're both more then capable of doing more but I'm just not feeling this one...

Why is it every time they have an electronic song or something similar it sounds just... weak O.O No disrespect to anyone who likes it but I like songs from them in which you hear a nice heavy guitar riff with some samples to amplify the overall sound, and then ofcourse Mike & Chester rapping & screaming, like Keys To The Kingdom, Wasteland, All For Nothing.

Ofcourse they're both more then capable of doing more but I'm just not feeling this one...

It's because we already used to listen to LP stuff for a long time. When they release something new, people will said "it's not LP", "it's sound bad". Besides, the track is just a featuring. Things will be different if LP feat. Martin Garrix. But i do respect your opinions. Everyone deserve to speak out. :)

Tried making a better "studio sounding" version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9di32ua59uk295h/Martin+Garrix+-+Waiting+For+Tomorrow.m4a

For anyone interested.

Thanks a lot Broman! :)

The melody on this one sounds better to me than the Aoki songs. This is a different "style" of EDM...it's the type I like. Listening to Garrix's set, he has some good music in there. Not bad. The Aoki style of EDM I'm just not a fan of. Those songs were poorly executed to me while this song sounds a lot better creatively.

The melody on this one sounds better to me than the Aoki songs. This is a different "style" of EDM...it's the type I like. Listening to Garrix's set, he has some good music in there. Not bad. The Aoki style of EDM I'm just not a fan of. Those songs were poorly executed to me while this song sounds a lot better creatively.

Totally agree with you. IMO, Aoki is good but Garrix is much better. I keep repeating the song. If DTB, I only listen few times in a months.

It's because we already used to listen to LP stuff for a long time. When they release something new, people will said "it's not LP", "it's sound bad". Besides, the track is just a featuring. Things will be different if LP feat. Martin Garrix. But i do respect your opinions. Everyone deserve to speak out. :)

Thanks a lot Broman! :)

I think its probably because some of us are just not a fan of EDM.

I actually agree with Mark and think this is better than ALTNC and DTB.

As for everyone who hates it because it's EDM, why do you care? Just ignore it. I personally feel like the more one off collaborations from other genres they do, the more people who aren't necessarily LP fans will get curious and look up the band. It draws more ears and eyes to Linkin Park's music. Collaborations like this are mutually beneficial for both LP and the artist they collaborate with.

Aoki's style isn't really as "dance-y" in my opinion, more just a pulsing rhythm that drives the song. I like songs like Darker than Blood when I just want to listen to more toned-down dance music. Although that all seems very contradictory. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Leaks happen. The way Martin has responded I personally don't agree with. I understand being upset, and frustrated that you didn't get to control the release of your own material, but choosing to cancel the release of the song as a single? Why? Chances are the people hunting down a leak of an incomplete Martin Garrix featuring Mike Shinoda track are already fans of one or both artists. I can't speak for everyone obviously, but even if the full version had leaked I still would have bought it upon its official release.

This felt like a retaliatory move, honestly, and I don't feel it's right to essentially punish his fan base and deny the song's official release because an incomplete studio version was leaked.

Was it even said that the song was GOING to be a single in the first place? All I ever saw Martin mention of it was that it leaked and would "probably just be on the album." That says to me that there was never a concrete plan for it to be a single in the first place. I think people have been blowing his reaction out of proportion since day one.

Was it even said that the song was GOING to be a single in the first place? All I ever saw Martin mention of it was that it leaked and would "probably just be on the album." That says to me that there was never a concrete plan for it to be a single in the first place. I think people have been blowing his reaction out of proportion since day one.

But what about the single cover?

It's fake?