New collaboration: Martin Garrix featuring Linkin Park

Capacity

Remember the meeting between Martin Garrix and Mike Shinoda in November 2015? While Mike later said that the meeting was just to "throw some ideas around", a track has surfaced from the session.

Martin Garrix recently premiered a new song with both Mike and Chester featured on it at Ultra Music Festival in Miami, FL. Check it out below. While we originally thought the song was just featuring Mike, we have updated the thread to mention Chester as well since he is harmonizing with Mike. For now, we're calling the song "Waiting For Tomorrow" due to the lyrics.

Debuting songs live is nothing new for EDM artists, as Steve Aoki's collaborations with Linkin Park (A Light That Never Comes and Darker Than Blood) were both played live before their release.

We don't have any information on a possible release of this song; we will keep you informed. Martin has a new album coming out soon, but the tracklisting hasn't been released yet.

EDIT: Martin Garrix has uploaded a better quality version of the song. (10:15).

DOWNLOAD: Live audio (.zip; 2:47 length)

LYRICS:

Verse:
Remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon
I promised I would never stop it
In your name I would climb them
There's nothing I have wanted more
The only one I've been waiting for
So hold your breath and close your eyes
The end is unknown but still we rise
Chorus:
Counting down, to the light
Through the night, just waiting for tomorrow
Almost there, almost time
All my life
Just waiting
It's only one more day, it's only one more day
It's only one more day, it's only one more day
Waiting for tomorrow
Waiting for tomorrow
All my life
Just waiting for tomorrow
All my life
Just waiting for tomorrow

Thoughts?

This song is a lot better than DTB imo, but then again, I don't really like Steve Aoki's music. ALTNC was cool, you could really hear LP's influence in that song.

This song is mostly Martin Garrix' sound, which I personally really like. He is a great producer and DJ. Mike did a great job on the vocals, especially in the intro, but I have to agree with ATylerInTheSand, the parts before the drop don't quite fit Mike's voice tbh.

Great song in my opinion, and also nice to see LP/Mike working with other artists in different genres!

EDIT: Full live set (HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1tq1XBN0w

Edited by JJJ

Chester, or someone with a similar range, probably should have sung those "It's only one more day" lines. It needs an extra punch that Mike just didn't deliver on there. Otherwise, this sounds really good. Like it more than either of the Aoki tracks.

Great...more dance music....

Heck, even BJA and Serj Tankian worked with Avicii before; I really don't think this should be a concern for the LP fanbase (any more).

Unless you're not being sarcastic then I apologize lolol

Edited by AStarkson

I think I can hear Chester in the chorus.

One thing I don't like is that you can clearly hear auto tune.

Well, auto-tune is common thing for EDM songs. besides, i dont think LP gonna play/perform this song on their show right? :)