30 Second Snippets of "A Thousand Suns" Out Now!

Teagan

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are parts of the record, that-- just in these previews, range from sounding like the Beatles, Backstreet Boys, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and even some stuff I'm not even sure about. I'm going to be totally blown away by this record. I can't honestly tell you which tracks I'm looking forward to the most, because they're all great. I think that the interludes are going to be interesting and moving enough that I won't skip over them like the interludes in Reanimation. The MTV review was right--this is Linkin Park's Kid A. And I couldn't be happier. This is amazing stuff.

Now that I listen to some of these previews more than once, I realize that this album is definitely sounds more poppy than the other 3... And I kind of don't like some of the electronics on half the songs. Sometimes it is a little too much. What I liked about MtM was its raw and powerful sound, but this album is very electronic. In the end, I will probably end up loving this album to death because these are just previews and its meant to be listened to as a whole. But the only song I truly love right now from the previews is The Messenger.

that stuff disgusts me... blackout is nasty, W&K pretty good too, the rest is just some shit imo. i can listen to onerepublic if i wanna hear that, but not LP ! i'm quite pissed off -.-

Same here! I'm totally disappointed..this is mainstream-ballad-shit!

This album isn't worth to buy, for 2 or 3 listenable tracks.

Edited by The_Glue

Same here! I'm totally disappointed..this is mainstream-ballad-shit!

This album isn't worth to buy, for 2 or 3 listenable tracks.

Yes it is.

I'll buy the whole Linkin Park Discography if it gave me the chance to listen to the epicness of Across The Line. Don't judge before you listen in full!

When They Come For Me sounds great as it builds towards the end of the sample.

Overall... certainly very different from what they've done before. It's hard to really judge it any more than that until I hear the whole thing, since the songs are generally quite long and varied within themselves.

Also, Iridescent sounds like Shadow Of The Day part 2 ;)