Craziest Crowd of Each Cycle

Geki

We all know that some crowds are more crazy then others. For example, Chester said that the show in Norway in 2011 was one of the craziest crowds that they ever played to. I think it's safe to say that show was the craziest crowd of the ATS Cycle. Anyone know of others? I'd like to know for each cycle. The band feeds off of the crowd's energy, so usually the show is awesome, too. Norway 2011 is really good for that reason, listen to the DSP.

Hybrid Theory Era - Docklands Arena

Meteora - São Paulo 2004

Minutes to Midnight - Rock Am Ring 2007

A Thousand Suns - Transformers Premiere at Red square

Living Things - Rio de janeiro first night

The Hunting Party - meh, i dont remember any so good

One More Light - Lima

Hybrid Theory Era - Docklands Arena

Meteora - São Paulo 2004

Minutes to Midnight - Rock Am Ring 2007

A Thousand Suns - Transformers Premiere at Red square

Living Things - Rio de janeiro first night

The Hunting Party - meh, i dont remember any so good

One More Light - Lima

Thanks. Wish there were good recordings of all of those.

• 5 months later...

There are definitely specific tours for each album that were amazing and the best, IMO, for each album.

For example, I love PR04 for Meteora, to me, it's by far the best tour that they did in support of the album. One could argue that Rock Am Ring is better, but PR04 takes the same set, and adds Figure.09 with an epic outro, gives you Bert on Faint and Jonathan Davis on OSC. Plus a few other twerks to the set. The energy of the band on PR04 was perhaps the greatest in the history of the band in terms of live shows and Chester was just plain epic with his banter and shit during the tour. His screaming was also A+ at all of the PR04 shows, listen to Somerset or Mountain View if you want to know what I mean.

For ATS, I really loved the European Tour of Summer 2011. Something was just special about that tour. The band was on fire and it featured a lot of cool shows - especially PR11 and a few others like Red Square. The energy of the band, once again, was great and it was fun to follow that tour.

I know some people may not agree with me, but I feel like the U.S. Arena Tour in 2008 was the best tour for MTM. It had some epic shows for the band, like MSG and Staples Center, not to mention a 360 stage at some shows. You had Jay-Z at the MSG show and let's be honest, it completely blew away Milton Keynes later in the year for a few reasons. One, the show was just better overall. And two, it was a huge surprise for the crowd at MSG while at Milton Keynes, it was expected. The setlist was good, the band was on fire, Chester's banter was great, it was just a really solid tour, IMO, besides Chester getting sick which hindered it. But the shows were still good. If you listen from the very first show of the tour in Omaha all the way up until Nashville, every show is solid. After Nashville, they had to cancel a couple of shows and then drop a few of the heavier songs for Chester in the following shows, but they shows were still pretty damn good, and when Chester was 100% better by Sacramento and they brought back the heavier songs again, he sounded flawless. That Sacramento show was a great show to end the tour. I also think the support bands were cool, Coheed And Cambria and Chiodos were two bands that were kind of the ''mature'' side of emo at the time (as opposed to the bands that the emo kids loved in 2008 like MCR, TBS, HIM, Atreyu, Hawthorne Heights, etc. that LP toured with on PR07 and PR08). Coheed And Cambria is a really great prog rock/alternative band and Chiodos is good too, if you don't mind their style of vocals, but the songwriting and instrumentation is great.

For HT, I really loved those two Japan shows in 2001, wow. Jane Says was epic and the band was on fire at both shows. With HT, almost all shows were great, so you can pick any from the era, but I just love those few Japan shows.

Edited by GarretLP

• 2 years later...
On 4/23/2018 at 8:05 PM, Geki said:

We all know that some crowds are more crazy then others. For example, Chester said that the show in Norway in 2011 was one of the craziest crowds that they ever played to. I think it's safe to say that show was the craziest crowd of the ATS Cycle. Anyone know of others? I'd like to know for each cycle. The band feeds off of the crowd's energy, so usually the show is awesome, too. Norway 2011 is really good for that reason, listen to the DSP.

This was my first Meet and Greet with the band.   Do you have a recording of the show?  Remember Chester talked to me from stage when In The End  was about to start.