Official Burn It Down Remix by German Techno Producer

r0ked

God this is so random I actually can't believe it.

So it seems like this small and at least to me unknown German techno producer Charly Beck is going to release an official remix of Burn It Down tomorrow. Official as in - with blessing of the band - or rather the label.

I only found out about because the producer he collaborated with did an interview with a local newspaper. Here is the Soundcloud of the techno guy. This will be the 12th remix of Burn It Down released...the list of all official LP remixes can be found here.

Check out the "professional" cover for it:
NwpExCh.jpg

This is as about as random as it gets, but here is a clip from the newspaper article interview:

"Döllstädt, home to Martin von Auen. In the music scene, his name is not unheard of. Producers call him to get his opinion about their songs, as he himself says. Most recently he joined Stuttgart musician Charly Beck on a remix of the song "Burn It Down" by Linkin Park. Back in school he mostly got E's in music class.

Von Auen and Beck had almost given up hope. "It took eight weeks until we heard back from Linkin Park. We participated in a public tender and ultimately then got the chance. Especially Charly had already given up on it" recalls von Auen.
Although they never met Linkin Park in person, this is song can't be published under the big name Linkin Park by anybody else. "And they also keep a big portion of the money too", informed us the humble von Auen, whose name is not even to be found on the cover of the CD.

He says: "I must not always be in the spotlight, because that way you don't end up doing stupid things. And I'd rather myself. In addition, I fulfilled my own childhood desires and we'll see what comes up with my music."

With one of his next projects he wants to support a certain Konrad Bergen the coming year. "The guy is celebrated in Holland and Poland at the moment" according von Auen. He also just appeared on the popular CD "D.Trance 72. "Next year I will try to manage him and make him more known in Germany too"."

Well, there's always more where that came from.

Charly Beck is going to release an official remix of Burn It Down tomorrow.

Ab 13. November ist eine Neuabmischung von „Burn It Down“ der US-Band in Online-Shops erhältlich.

This remix will be released on Friday.

EDIT:

The song is available on Japan iTunes store and in some other stores. relesed by MVA Star Records.

snippet

Edited by martinez

Well... I'm still considering whether I should add it to official remixes list, or semi-official...

It's not released by Warner, so the answer is no. This is not official Linkin Park remix.

The guy just obtained permission from the publisher to release the song.

Edited by martinez

Well... I'm still considering whether I should add it to official remixes list, or semi-official...

It is a commercial release, so it is definitely official.

I think the list should be divided into "Remixes released by Linkin Park" and "Linkin Park remixes released by other artists". The focus should be on the way the songs were released. The list would be almost unchanged, but stuff like Viscera would be moved to the second section. I think it would be more accurate this way.

• 8 months later...