The reason why 'State Of The Art' was never released?

sckofelng

it's funny that LB seem unwilling to pay people saying "ohh they wanted too much money" surely them refusing to pay artists to feature on their tracks shows that THEY want too much money...

It could also be because...

A. They burned all their bridges within the music industry because of their unreliability (see: The Unquestionable Truth Part 2, DJ Lethal's solo album, etc.), bad attitude, and even worse business practices, or...

B. They're broke because nobody gives a crap about Limp Bizkit anymore, thanks to years of sub-par musical output, a long hiatus that involved Fred Durst becoming a borderline hermit, and Wes Borland leaving and returning to the band on a seemingly annual basis.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could also be because...

A. They burned all their bridges within the music industry because of their unreliability (see: The Unquestionable Truth Part 2, DJ Lethal's solo album, etc.), bad attitude, and even worse business practices, or...

B. They're broke because nobody gives a crap about Limp Bizkit anymore, thanks to years of sub-par musical output, a long hiatus that involved Fred Durst becoming a borderline hermit, and Wes Borland leaving and returning to the band on a seemingly annual basis.

hahaha could be...

either way, my only response to Limp Bizkit's failure at anything other than a tired nostalgia act is simply this:

"good"

there's a REASON that Linkin Park have headlined Sonisphere numerous times and Limp Bizkit is just a supporting band...

Edited by LGraham

You're not sounding like an asshole, rather like someone who doesn't even have knowledge about a band you bitch about. Just because the band is hated and not many talking about them anymore in the US does not mean they are bad nor irrelevant in other continents. In my opnion, Limp Bizkit did better stuff than Linkin Park in the past few years even if their promotion is so fucked up which isn't only their fault though (that's why they split from Interscope Records!). Anyone here have seen Limp Bizkit live in the past 3 years ? (Yes, this goes out to almost all non US people because they haven't been doing a real tour in the states yet!). EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE who saw a headline show will agree with me that they wish that Linkin Park brought this energy. Yes, I am stating that Limp Bizkit is still the band with the sickest concerts nowadays. Go on YouTube and watch live footage of songs you like (if there are any), you will always see the people going crazy and the band as well.

Lethal bitching about Chester via Twitter is not mature at all of course, I agree on that. However, I still am on the LB side, like it or not, they at least know what's up when it comes to bringing concerts with much energy.

Great post, and agreed 100%. LBF or GFY!

As for Chester & Lethal, I'd like to know more...especially why Lethal would do business the way he did. Why throw away 25k if he knew the label could veto the track? Did Chester give him the impression that all the legal stuff was taken care of? Or did Chester go to the label and have it blocked, since he's made it known that he didn't like the song?

There's a lot we don't know about the situation, and it sucks to see things immediately degenerate to "Limp sucks!" instead of trying to figure out what went down. On the bright side, Lethal DID release the high quality version of it, so what's the problem?