2015.1.18 - Indianapolis, Indiana

RogueSoul

10417619_10152822619756788_2060560257899

The Hunting Party Tour has opened up with an explosion! Linkin Park, Rise Against, and Of Mice & Men will be taking the next stop of the tour to Indianapolis, Indiana at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse. This will be the band's first performance in Indianapolis since December 2003 - over a decade since their last performance there!

Prior to this show, the band has performed in Indianapolis twice. The first time was way back in 2001, where the band performed on the Family Values Tour with Stone Temple Pilots, Staind, Static-X, Deadsy, and Spike 1000. At this show, Chester (ironically) came out during Stone Temple Pilots' set to perform 'Dead & Bloated' with them. Funny, considering that Chester is now the frontman of Stone Temple Pilots! The band's most recent performance was in December of 2003, where they performed at the X-103's Not So Silent Night with Ill Niño and Puddle Of Mudd. While we don't know for sure what the setlist is, we do have reports of members of Puddle Of Mudd joining the band onstage for 'One Step Closer', which likely closed the show! Will the band's first performance in Indianapolis in 11 years there be one for the record books?

The previous show in Nashville, Tennessee made the hype surrounding the tour evermore greater! The band debuted the new version of Set B (now Set B_V8), which featured 'From The Inside' and, everyone's favorite, 'A Place For My Head'. However, 'With You', 'Rebellion', 'Somewhere I Belong', and 'Until It's Gone' were all dropped. There are both negatives and positives to this: positive; two of the biggest jams in the band's history are back in the set. Negative; two songs from 'The Hunting Party' have been dropped, meaning only three remain in the set ('Guilty All The Same', 'Wastelands', and 'Final Masquerade'). Would you rather see more old songs come back, or have more new songs reintroduced into the setlists? Over his solo medley, Mike rapped the hybrid verse of 'Remember The Name' by Fort Minor. The band still has a bunch of songs they could pull out from under their sleeves: from the Carnivores rehearsals, they have 'A Light That Never Comes', 'Wretches and Kings', and 'Breaking The Habit', as well as the entirety of both Hybrid Theory and The Hunting Party. For a full list of songs the band rehearsed but didn't play, check out this thread! To stay consistent with their setlist rotation, Indianapolis will likely see the band perform the new Set A.

Check out the powerful performance of 'From The Inside' from the tour's debut in Orlando, Florida a few days ago, being performed for the first time in 2 years. Among others, this track was definitely a song that fans wanted back in the sets. What songs do you want to hear the band perform live?

As great as their sets may be, The Hunting Party Tour wouldn't be complete without Of Mice & Men and Rise Against! Of Mice & Men performed a powerful set, consisting of an opening featuring 'Feels Like Forever', 'Bones Exposed', and 'Would You Still Be There' off of their newest effort, Restoring Force. The band continued to smash out huge tracks, including 'The Depths' from 2012's The Flood. The band closed out their setlist with their single, 'You're Not Alone'. The deluxe version of their new album, entitled Restoring Force: Full Circle. Rise Against performed another great set, opening with 'Ready To Fall' and 'Give It All'. They continued to bring the jams by incorporating 'Re-Education (Through Labor)' and 'The Good Left Undone'. They also brought out new songs from their new album The Black Market: 'Tragedy + Time' and 'I Don't Want To Be Here Anymore'. The band played some of their biggest tracks, 'Prayer Of The Refugee' being one of them. The band closed out with 'Satellite' and 'Savior'. Who's excited to see them perform on the tour?

Who's going to the show? If you are, RSVP in this thread and meet up with CASTLEOFSASS (Nick), who's looking pretty lonely as of now. Serves you right, ya' little shit. As mentioned before, Set A will likely be performed at this show. After Indianapolis, the band takes a day break before performing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Albany, New York. For updates on the show, follow us on Twitter or check back on the thread!

Set Times

6:00PM EST: Doors

7:00PM EST: Of Mice & Men

7:45PM ST: Rise Against

9:20PM EST: Linkin Park

Show Page Notes

Date: January 18, 2015
Venue: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Tour: The Hunting Party North American Tour
Show #3 of 19

01. Mashup Intro #2
02. Guilty All The Same
03. Given Up (Ext. Outro)
04. From The Inside
05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
06. Blackout (Shortened Instrumental)
07. Papercut (Shortened)
08. Runaway (Shortened; Bridge Transition)
09. Wastelands
10. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; w/ ATS Interludes)
11. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (w/ Aaron Pauley; Ballad Medley)
12. Robot Boy (Shortened Instrumental)
13. Joe Solo Medley
14. Burn It Down
15. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ UIB)
16. Final Masquerade
17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Remember The Name Hybrid Verse)
18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro)
19. In The End
20. Faint (w/ Austin Carlile; Ext. Outro)
----------------------------------------------------
21. A Place For My Head (Brad Solo Intro)
22. New Divide (Shortened)
23. Crawling (Shortened; Faster Tempo)
24. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
25. Bleed It Out (w/ Tim McIlrath; Ext. Bridge w/ Catalyst Sing-a-long)

Show Notes:
- At some point in the day, Chester had broken his ankle. At the Meet and Greet, he was on a scooter. He was in a cast for the entirety of the show and did not move. He thanked the fans during the encore break, stating that he would never let a broken ankle stop him from playing a show.
- Aaron Pauley from Of Mice & Men joined the band for the 'Iridescent' portion of the Ballad Medley.
- Mike's solo portion of the show featured a hybrid verse of 'Wretches And Kings', the chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and a hybrid verse of 'Remember The Name'.
- Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men joined the band for 'Faint'
- Tim McIlrath from Rise Against joined the band for 'Bleed It Out'. During the bridge, the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, thats cool that you included the other bands in this. I don't remember you guys doing this before or at least tot hat extent for previous tour. Nice touch!

Unlikely, but it would be cool if they had a Set C like a couple years ago

I'm not expecting any surprise. I've already given up hoping for new songs or other changes in the setlists. This are the setlists they want to play for this tour. That's it. I'm disappointed but there's nothing to do. Of course I wouldn't call it a THP tour since only 3 songs of THP, and always the same ones, are played.

Who's going to the show? If you are, RSVP in this thread and meet up with CASTLEOFSASS (Nick), who's looking pretty lonely as of now. Serves you right, ya' little shit.

Oh, Soul :lol:

Hmm, thats cool that you included the other bands in this. I don't remember you guys doing this before or at least tot hat extent for previous tour. Nice touch!

Well, Soul didn't even do it for his favourite band, 30STM :D

Soul always went on about 30STM during Carnivores, I like knowing what the others are playing so I can be familiar with half of their sets. I really like Feels Like Forever and Would You Still Be There by OM&M, but I'm not a RA fan, I just know enough of their songs.

Ooops, my bad :P

Anyway..... still not too interested in the setlists ;)

Other Bands Paragraph, est. Carnivores! I still attempt to sneak 30STM in there sometimes just to piss everyone off :P

Since Set A is a bit shorter in length than Set B turns out to be, I hope they add Rebellion or UIG in there. Make the tour slightly more THP-ish.

I really like the setlits so far on this tour. Only major negatives are that Rebellion and UIG were dropped, and that Set B doesn't feture With You. Considering the fact that Set A is shorter than Set B, I think they should add at least Rebellion, since it's their current single, and a great live song. If they can find time for it, they should add UIG as well (full or shortened). Even though I doubt it, I hope they'll play one of those tonight.

Edited by Mesck547

Not playing any new songs is just flat out lazy. Why even bother releasing any new material? Just continue to tour with the same songs that we've all heard live a million times already. I honestly don't understand how they can justify dropping UIG and Rebellion...it makes zero sense. I'm glad I waited to see the sets before buying tickets for Brooklyn...I'll pass.

I think Linkin Park has to change their live philosophy. They always say fans will be disappointed if they don't hear their favorite songs like "Numb", "In the End", "Crawling", "Papercut", "New Divide", "Bleed it out", "What I've done", "One Step Closer" etc. but I say this is wrong. They would be disappointed if they would go to a concert and hear NONE of these, but I doubt they are expecting to hear all their famous songs. I doubt they will be disappointed if they hear some songs they might don't know. And anyway I think 75% of the people there also know songs like "By Myself", "Figure.09", "Forgotten", "Easier to Run", "No More Sorrow" etc.

I say take like 8 songs of the all-time-favorites, take 6 to 8 new songs and take 6 to 8 more rarely songs. And rotate both the all-time-favorites as well as the rare songs. I think its okay when they don't play all songs from the new album.

What has even been a ''proper'' single this album cycle? GATS? GATS didn't even have a real music video and it never received it's own single CD or anything. UIG had a music video that wasn't very well promoted and the single CD was a bit pointless since it was given away at Best Buy and the bonus track was just GATS studio version that we all had anwyays. Then came FM which did actually have a proper music video and also had a proper CD single release, etc. Rebellion has yet to see any form of a music video or proper single CD release, etc. and now they are no longer playing Rebellion anyways. I highly doubt that the set in 2015 will change much at all over the course of the year so I don't think we will see any songs from THP that we haven't seen yet and I highly doubt that Rebellion will ever make it's way back into the set again for probably their whole career since I can't see them playing it after THP cycle is done. UIG may make a comeback someday but probably not. They should have just done what I said from the get go and release UIG as the lead single alongside Carnivores Tour information the same day, as well as the UIG music video, just like they did with BID and the Honda Civic Tour a few years ago, that was genius promotion IMO.

I have hopes that this trend will not continue. Maybe for the rest of this tour, but whatever tour is next will have something different about it. For Living Things, they did say that they wanted to play some songs like IBG, but some like STB were just impossible. For THP, they even said that this is made to be live. At least on the LT cycle they didn't drop songs out of nowhere.

I have hopes that this trend will not continue. Maybe for the rest of this tour, but whatever tour is next will have something different about it. For Living Things, they did say that they wanted to play some songs like IBG, but some like STB were just impossible. For THP, they even said that this is made to be live. At least on the LT cycle they didn't drop songs out of nowhere.

They used the "made to be played live" line about Living Things too. This tour was basically the last chance of seeing any more THP songs added. In terms of shelf life, this album is DONE. It's not selling well, the only song getting radio airplay in big markets is still Until It's Gone despite 2 more singles being released since then...for most people at concerts on this cycle, UIG is the only song off THP that they've even HEARD. I think LP is slowly giving up on being relevant as a live act and transitioning into "heritage act" territory, whether Mike says otherwise or not. It says a LOT that they're more interested in playing a non-single from an album that came out over 14 years ago than playing half of the singles from an album that just came out 7 months ago.

Trivia time: Did you know Until it's Gone was only performed in its entirety 14 times? That's fewer times than Hit the Floor and Easier to Run. I would not be surprised at all if, from the 7th album onwards, the only new material added to the live set is the first single from each album. I don't expect to see a whole lot of material from 2010 and later stick around in future live sets, either.

"We might play ATS in full live one day,"

...everything from ATS has been performed at this point.

The truly sad thing about this is that they've actually rehearsed ALL of the tracks on the album (according to the Rock am Ring interview). On multiple occasions they've said they'd love to add songs like KTTK and ALITS into the setlist, but instead they drop more?

I think what they're going for with their setlists is what songs the crowd reacts too. That's why the Ballad Medley is still in there - all the casuals hear the beginning vocals of LOATR and go insane. They put up their phones and it's a nice experience. It would have been long gone if that didn't happen. I guess they felt no one reacted to Rebellion or UIG and replaced them with songs people actually DO respond to (FTI and APFMH).

...everything from ATS has been performed at this point.

The truly sad thing about this is that they've actually rehearsed ALL of the tracks on the album (according to the Rock am Ring interview). On multiple occasions they've said they'd love to add songs like KTTK and ALITS into the setlist, but instead they drop more?

I think what they're going for with their setlists is what songs the crowd reacts too. That's why the Ballad Medley is still in there - all the casuals hear the beginning vocals of LOATR and go insane. They put up their phones and it's a nice experience. It would have been long gone if that didn't happen. I guess they felt no one reacted to Rebellion or UIG and replaced them with songs people actually DO respond to (FTI and APFMH).

I agree with this, and i have to say that this kind of philosophy is completely wrong in my opinion. Is it a THP PROMOTIONAL tour? Fine, it is almost normal if people don't react as much as the older stuff. The promotion is made for a major response from the people when they hear a song from the new album. Acting like this, means that LP seems to quit about instigating a positive reaction for stuff of THP. And if the album sales aren't good, it should be a major reason for the band to do as much as possibile to promote the album, and not giving up, and continue to perform the classic older SAVE stuff (And THP concept that the band always said was the opposite of the concept of "Save" stuff). If anything it will not change in the future, with the addiction of FTI and APFMH (And APFMH is my favorite song of all time) for UIG and Rebellion, LP proves that they aren't capable to respect what tjey intended to be with THP, and return in their safe world. This would be a big fail for the band. Edited by HyruleKing