Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the snippet (this always happens when you live in the UK, you sleep through everything) - it sounds fucking tight. Chester sounds amazing, really hitting the top end of notes and what I can make out of Mike's part, it sounds like a more HT style rapping from him. Definitely sounds like someone recorded it whilst a radio station though. If you haven't heard it, you're not missing a whole lot as the quality is APPALLING.

Sounds good though, me gusta.

The verses are similar to Blackbirds or the chorus of Burning In The Skies. Chorus sounds powerful and it's great to hear some rapping in there as well :)

You can't judge the song by this shitty recording though, but it gets me very excited :)

It sounds like a BlackBerry recording to me.

likely someone went to a pre-listening thing for reviewing purposes and had the phone recording in their pocket... alot of companies confiscate phones off reviewers before they hear tracks for this reason, I know Meteora was surrounded by tight security in the weeks prior to its release.

entirely possible that someone sneaked in a phine while it was "taping"

Has anyone considered the possibility that LP leaked this on purpose?

I mean, they've been banging on about new viral methods etc...

I'm not so sure thay'd do that... they already have the whole 'snippets' thing going on (or about to) on the website, that seems like the kind of thing LP would consider to be "viral" :lol: not full leaks... even if they are terrible quality

Edited by LGraham

I'm not so sure thay'd do that... they already have the whole 'snippets' thing going on (or about to) on the website, that seems like the kind of thing LP would consider to be "viral" :lol: not full leaks... even if they are terrible quality

'scuse me sir, but why do you claim to know what the band would consider viral?

'scuse me sir, but why do you claim to know what the band would consider viral?

haha it was only a joke :lol:

my point is i don't think they'd release a song in full when they had other snippet-y things happening elsewhere. they're already a source of hype and it increases traffic to the website (good for sponsorships/advertisement revenue) - i just don't see why they'd do the whole viral thing.

P.S. *madam

Edited by LGraham

Music sounds like "Burning In The Skies" and vocals remind me "New Divide", but it's really hard to tell since the quality is very bad. After all I think it sounds very radio friendly, I was hoping for a more angrier song because of the title. But let's wait for the original version to come out before we make any conclusions.

I have to agree. How do we know it's this one Brazilian guy or whatever. I mean, it probably is, but there's the possibility it's not. Let's look at this this way, the snippet is appallingly incoherent. It sounds like it's being recorded in a studio (recording studio/radio station) and the snippet occasionally jumps etc (possible demo). Noone would have much need for a demo except LP.

Plus, the irony of a BRAND NEW user on that website with no other posts leaking this snippet under the name "NuMetal4U", when LP have battled/discussed that nu-metal label isn't lost on me.

Just a crazy idea. ;)

uhm when they said "bad quality" i thought "ok how bad can it be"

its so bad it sounds like it was recorded in a toaster. NOT worth listening to

I'm glad I haven't listened to it. Probably gonna wait for the full song.

I have more info...

the guy who posted the song doesn't have it in HQ. he received from an anonymous source, but this 'source' is here in Brazil... I don't know who and where he works. but apparently this source have recorded the song with a voice recorder, inside his pocket.