LIVING THINGS Release Day Challenge

LPFreak64

going to do what I did when I got my (physical) copy of ATS

listen on my dad's big speakers downstairs, booklet in hand taking in the lyrics and album art as I go :D

and I will be ignoring leaks and leakers

(on a personal listening level) ...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be waiting until I have the physical copy of the album in my hands as well only because I have enough going on in my life that I can wait the 3 weeks before it comes out. The only thing I remember listening to when it was leaked was the DBS album. I waited years to hear that.

I know damm well everybody is going to look for the leak the day it happens. Remember ATS?

From what he said i bet LIVING THINGS will LEAK either this weekend or next weekend.

OR HE WILL LEAK IT HIMSELF ONE BY ONE 0.o

Edited by XeroSkies%Emo360

I could be wrong about this, but when ATS came out didn't Mike say something to the extent of "If you're going to listen to the leak, at least listen to it in order"?

He actually said that about MTM. But I'm sure the same sentiment applied to ATS, probably even more-so.

Why don't record companies 'leak' fake albums. With the album name, proper track listings but really off the wall songs, or extreamly bad quality songs. Then re-leak it 3 or for days later but add 'real' to the title. All they would have to do is have everyone who works for the label seed it and it it'd at least saturate the torrent and p2p market enough for a few days to throw off and real leaks for a while. As soon as a real leak is discovered, re leak the fake AGAIN and title it exactly like the real leak.

Just saying.

How do you know they don't?

Why should I wait for a completely arbitrary date, for completely arbitrary reasons?

I pre-ordered the album. Obviously I want to hear it as soon as possible. Which is what I intend to do.

This is a brand new Linkin Park album, there's few things in life more "special" than that!

I know damm well everybody is going to look for the leak the day it happens. Remember ATS?

I do remember ATS, I knew about the leak, and I abstained

not for any weird moral reasons, normally I'd be on that shit. but I like stuff to feel special if it's something I've been looking forward to.

haven't even pre-ordered the album. might make a day of it and walk into town to get it - there's no special edition I'd want to pre-order more, so why not :D

nice post by mike. he's right about that this feeling gets a bit lost in times of (music) life being centered on the internet. but anyway, as soon as it leaks, i will dl it and listen to it. depending on the quality we'll see what happens then...

I can't pre-order from lp.com

I can't buy CD in store, because it probably won't be there for a long time...

Not sure if I want to pre-order from Amazon, so I'll probably listen to FLAC rip whenever it pops up.

I'm thinking we'll get a leak probably around the 16th, if the release date of the 19th holds true.

The new Rush album leaked about ten days before the official release date, and the new Bruce album leaked two full weeks before. Albums with huge hype around them leak way early.

So I'm assuming most of you guys have heard of Mike Shinoda Clan? It's a fantastic fansite that updates with a lot of LP info.

Ana, one of the co-owners, decided to try and really take up Mike's challenge and have fans get together and have listening parties all over the world.

Here's the link

She's going to do Houston if there's enough people. I'm going to try and be there too as Houston is the closest to me.

I think its a great idea. Mike described how I usually go about listening to the album, which is by myself and chatting on twitter and this forum. I think it'd be awesome to be with a bunch of other LP fans and just enjoy the music.

im sorry, but listening parties are useless and pointless imo. when i want to discover something new i dont want 5 people talking about it. i want to form my own opinion and enjoy it on my own

I sat in my piece of shit '97 car at midnight listening to ATS and enjoying some greenery. It was before the release date but incredible, namely the moment they "got me", during Chester's bridge in WTCFM. I plan on recreating the same scenario for "Living Things" whenever I have 40 minutes and a good quality version of it.

Hopefully the mastering won't be all over the place like ATS was. I bought the CD & Amazon MP3 versions that suffered from clipping and distortion before finding the iTunes version. It still cracks and pops in a few spots but sounds better. Counting on Apple to get it right twice in a row, especially since Rick Rubin was behind a special "itunes master" of the latest Chili Peppers album.

Honestly if you're going to buy the album (which I know a lot of people on this forum already have) then I don't see a problem with listening to a leak.

Though I am going to try with this one. The only leak I listened to was for ATS, and that was because I wanted to know the lyrics before the ATS release concert. :P

As to the listening parties, it was just a suggestion by Mike. I've listened to all the LP albums alone and enjoyed it, but I do think it would be fun to hang out with other LP fans in my area and celebrate their 5th album. Not saying one is better then the other, but the point of my post was to help other people who don't know LP fans in their area.