New Linkin Park Single "Heavy" Out February 16

RogueSoul

Linkin Park has debuted their brand new single "Heavy" (feat. Kiiara)!

You may have all been glued to your screens waiting for the next clip, but looks like we've gotten what we've been waiting for!

According to this listing of availability of radio singles, a new Linkin Park song called 'Heavy' will be available for airplay by February 21, 2017 - two weeks from today! There's no telling if we will hear the single for the first time on February 21 or before, but now we have a timeframe.

EDIT 2/8: According to this Facebook post by Warner Music Thailand, 'Heavy' will be released on February 17.

If you check our our comprehensive Linkinpedia page for the band's seventh album, you can see that 'Heavy' is a known working title from the album sessions. It can be seen on the band's working title board as early as April 2016. This original picture from Joe's Instagram on April 28, 2016 shows a number of working titles, including 'Heavy'.

ChLkFKGXEAAJist.jpg

Linkin Park has been pretty busy lately prepping for their new single. Rumor is that both yesterday and today are scheduled for filming a music video for a song reportedly featuring pop artist Kiiara. We can't tell if 'Heavy' features Kiiara yet, but we'll soon find out. The band has slowly but surely been releasing teasers for their new music via their website, with two of the supposed eight being released so far. The URLs for the videos seem to slowly be spelling something out - so far we have 'On,' so it looks like that won't be spelling out the single title. The band was at their rehearsal space yesterday, presumably getting ready to perform the new song for upcoming promotional performances within the next month.

If you're getting antsy for the first taste of the single, it seems we might have already gotten one. If you listen closely around the :40 second mark of the first promotional clip ("Piano") the band posted on their website, you can hear Mike sing "Holding on, why is everything so heavy?" above the piano chords. Is that clip from "Heavy," or is it something else?

2/13 EDIT: Linkin Park has just released lyrics for "Heavy" on Genius.com.

I don’t like my mind right now
Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
Wish that I could slow things down
I wanna let go but there’s comfort in the panic
And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything's about me
Yeah I drive myself crazy
Cause I can’t escape the gravity

I'm holding on
Why is everything so heavy
Holding on
So much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'd be set free
Holding on

You say that I'm paranoid
But I’m pretty sure the world is out to get me
It’s not like I make the choice
To let my mind stay so fucking messy
I know I'm not the center of the universe
But you keep spinning round me just the same

I'm holding on
Holding on
Holding on

And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything’s about me

I'm holding on
Holding on
Holding on

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Though it doesn't say that this is the song with Kiiara... So it must be a different one. Is it possible that we can hear 2 new songs in February? And where is the 3rd clip from linkinpark.com? This time yesterday the 2nd was already available to watch if I'm not mistaken...

Haven't had to say this in awhile, but all you 2000 guests viewing the thread right now, feel free to sign up and join the discussion - we'd love to hear your thoughts on it all :)

Thinking the Kiiara single might be a secondary single like Until It's Gone or LIES GREED MISERY. First single gets the album promo going, then the second single comes in and keeps it rolling when the video is ready. Maybe the song does have Kiiara on it, as well, and it's just not revealed yet.

I'll take a single release two weeks from now. So, do you guys think they're spelling out the album title with the urls?

Yea.. I am guessing so, considering that in the 2nd video they appear to be talking about the album as a whole and not anything to do with a single.

I know is a lot earlier to say something, but in the board that contained some demo names, there was one called "Heavy". It fits with the possible lyrics and would be a name a little bit ironic to use, since the previous release were their heaviest to date and this album seems to be a softer one.

I KNEW IT!

Just have to wait now lol.